I am struggling with myself

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I am so struggling with myself! It is so hard for me to be me. How can God love me when I am so flawed. I have no idea why he loves me at all!

Blessings Paige, That's the great thing about God...His LOVE for us. Before we were born, He knew everything about us, yet He allowed us to live. I'm so happy that He's all knowing, all power and is every where. In His word, He so loved us that He gave His only begotten Son. And through Christ shed blood comes our SALVATION- (deliverance), John 3:17-"For God sent NOT His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved, ATONEMENT- (reconciliation of the guilty by divine sacrifice), Romans 5:11, And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. REDEMPTION-(setting free) Ps. 107:2-Let the redeemed of the Lord SAY SO, whom He hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy. Justification (acquitted of guilt and sin)- Acts 13:38-Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren (sisters), that through this man (Jesus) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sin. RIGHTEOUSNESS-(uprightness before God)-I John 1:9- If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. SANCTIFICATION-(growing in holiness)-Heb. 10:14- For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. REMISSION-(the debt and guilt of sin has been canceled)- Rom. 3:25-..to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are pass. RECONCILED-(when we change our attitude and accept God's provision, we change from hostility toward God to fellowship and love for Him.) Col. 1:20- And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself. OVERCOMING POWER (that which we receive when we appropriate what has been delegated unto us.) - Rev12:11a- And they (Christians) overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony. God's love is like that Campbell's vegetable soup commercial..It's in there....so whatever you need to be you..it's in there, because God loves and dwells in you...jotful :laugh: PS...you are not alone.

Edited by jotful

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

praying for you :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

you have to forgive yourself and realize that we all fall short....its only through the process of a personal relationship with Christ that we grow...when your character defects show up, see them for what they are and ask God to help you.....and continue to grow

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

I am so struggling with myself! It is so hard for me to be me. How can God love me when I am so flawed. I have no idea why he loves me at all!

your words remind me of the following:

"Reader, take comfort about your soul, if you know anything of an inward fight and conflict. It is not everything, I am well aware, but it is something. Do you find in your heart of hearts a spiritual struggle? Do you feel anything of the flesh lusting against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh, so that you cannot do the things you would? (Gal. v. 17). Are you conscious of two principles within you, contending for the mastery? Do you see anything of war in your inward man? Well, thank God for it! It is a good sign. It is evidence not to be despised. Anything is better than apathy, stagnation, deadness, and indifference. You are in a better state than many. The most part of so-called Christians have no feeling at all. You are evidently no friend of Satan. Like the kings of this world, he wars not against his own subjects. The very fact that he assaults you, should fill your mind with hope. Reader, I say again, take comfort, the child of God has two great marks about him, and of these two you have one. HE MAY BE KNOWN BY HIS INWARD WARFARE, AS WELL AS BY HIS INWARD PEACE." -J.C. Ryle

it's from a very good little piece by j.c. ryle which can be read here: http://www.biblebb.com/files/ryle/are_you_fighting.htm

paige, as you can see, you are in the state of mind god wants you to be in. god wants us to recognize our vileness indeed. but he also wants us to not be completely content about it, but desiring to be perfect, free of sin, and enrobed with a new heavenly body free from corruption. a true child of god cannot wait until the day their lowly bodies are transformed into one like that of jesus christ. amen.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings again Paige....I know I replied yesterday, but I was checking my email and one of the sites that sends me devotions send this. I knew I must share with you. The topic was A Deep Deep Love. Scripture text: For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, maybe able to comprehend with all saints what is the width, and length and depth and height-- to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14, 17 & 19. The Daily Thought followed: When everything around us crumbles, we will always have the love of God. No matter how bad we mess up, no matter how unloved- or unloveable we've been, His love endures forever. His love is so deep that it's incomprehensible. Sometimes the lack of love in our lives makes it hard for us to accept and understand that God loves us. But He does, and His grace can help us understand, and live out the loving affection our Father has for us.....jotful :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Scolling down

To read a post

Can be a pain sometimes :o

Blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I think King David said it best!

Psalm 139 (New King James Version)

Psalm 139

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;

You understand my thought afar off.

3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,

And are acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word on my tongue,

But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

5 You have hedged me behind and before,

And laid Your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

It is high, I cannot attain it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning,

And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,

And Your right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall[a] on me,”

Even the night shall be light about me;

12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,

But the night shines as the day;

The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;

You covered me in my mother’s womb.

14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

Marvelous are Your works,

And that my soul knows very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from You,

When I was made in secret,

And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.

And in Your book they all were written,

The days fashioned for me,

When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!

How great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;

When I awake, I am still with You.

19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!

Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.

20 For they speak against You wickedly;

Your enemies take Your name in vain.[c]

21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You?

And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred;

I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;

24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,

And lead me in the way everlasting.