IGNORED

The Trinity

Guest Calamity

Do You Believe The Doctrine Of Trinity is Essential to being a Christian?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe The Doctrine Of Trinity is Essential to being a Christian?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • It is secondary and doesn't matter

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Think about it whatsitmean

Doing the father son and holy spirit cross on the body and then kissing the Idol that the priest is holding. You may not have seen it in person but I have. That is why it bore witness to me when I red it.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug:

Brother idied2,

Don't let your Catholic experience or perceptions sway your thinking and search for the TRUTH. The triune nature of God didn't just come from the Catholic church or any other church. It is revealed in God's Word. Regardless, not everything Catholic is deceptive and wrong. NO one church is 100% right or 100% wrong, which is why we must rely on God's Word and HIS Spirit for ALL understanding; not links to websites, church history and whatever.

Calamity asked a good question but before you answer it, you may want to read and study Colossians chapter 1.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

The Trinity is an essential doctrine of the Christian faith.  One cannot claim to believe in Biblical Christianity and deny the Trinity.

My question for Shilo is, historically speaking, " In what century did the Trinity doctrine originate." It certainly wasn't the first.

I would appreciate your historical evidence on this, for in making this statement you automatically eliminate 1st century Christians.

I voted, "It is secondary..."

When I consider the word, "essential" I think of something being so integral to the faith that without it the faith would be incomplete.  Strictly speaking, the doctrine of the Trinity is not an "essential" to the faith.  I think that many evangelical leaders would probably  :)  at this statement, but if you consider the fact that this doctrine is not included anywhere in the Pauline epistles, then you have to confess that it is really not an essential per se.  I agree that understanding that God is Triune is beneficial to the faith, and can be seen in many examples in the Bible.  But when we talk about essentials I just don't see it there.

Regardless of the number of definitions and creeds that have been created over the past 1,700 years of church history, man has yet to come up with an absolute understanding of the Trinity.  In fact, I believe that the Trinity can never be absolutely explained or understood by humans.  Therefore, since all have are a few "at best" attempts at defining the Trinity, I really don't see how this could be an essential to the faith.  Rather than quibble over which definition is the most accurate, I prefer to stick to the enjoying the Lord through His Word, prayer, praise, etc.

Well said. My understanding too.

[

The name of the Lord God is Yahweh (Jehovah) and HE is our Father (Is 63:16). In the new testament his name is Jesus Christ.The title Father does not designate another God or being but is simply a description of the relationship between the Lord God (Yahweh) and man. Jesus Christ said that God is SPIRIT. Here again, Jesus did not say that the Spirit is another being , person or god, but that the essence of God is Spirit. GOD THE FATHER IS THE ETERNAL INVISIBLE HOLY SPIRIT and HE is ONE only and not three . This only one God revealed himself in the flesh in Jesus Christ. The nature of God which is SPIRIT,combined in the nature of man (flesh) Does this fact constitute two gods or persons? Defenitely

not.

You find the scriptures about God in Jesus Christ under "Doctrines".

My question to Caspar Meyer is, "Are you saying that Jesus was YHWH in the Old Testament?"

Guest idied2
Are you saying Jesus and the Holy Spirit were created? That there was a time when they were not?

I am saying that the spirit of the two are the FATHER. from everlasting to everlasting. The use of the spirit in the two was created to save his creation man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Are you saying Jesus and the Holy Spirit were created? That there was a time when they were not?

I am saying that the spirit of the two are the FATHER. from everlasting to everlasting. The use of the spirit in the two was created to save his creation man.

Incorrect...forgive me if I'm reading you wrong, but all three - Father, Son, Holy Spirit always has been....not created, but of eternal existence. God doesn't owe his existence to anyone else. He is the source of his own being. He is eternal, without beginning or end, depending on nobody or nothing but his own boundless life and reality.

Jesus is the Great I AM of the old Testament ...He said so, I believe Him ( John 8:24, John 8:28, John 8:58 ) The night before Jesus died, he predicted his betrayal and death, and said,

Guest LCPGUY
I'm having a hard time understanding why so many won't believe this  The Bible is clear on this.

Totally excellent post Bob :):t2:

I also have a hard time understanding why so many can

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Incorrect...forgive me if I'm reading you wrong, but all three - Father, Son, Holy Spirit always has been....not created, but of eternal existence. God doesn't owe his existence to anyone else. He is the source of his own being. He is eternal, without beginning or end, depending on nobody or nothing but his own boundless life and reality.

Jesus is the Great I AM of the old Testament ...He said so, I believe Him ( John 8:24, John 8:28, John 8:58 ) The night before Jesus died, he predicted his betrayal and death, and said,

Guest Calamity

idied2:

Allmighty GOD the FATHER is the only GOD. He is the only one not created. The SON and the helper are the same spirit but the usage was created. But sinse all are the SPIRIT of GOD. THEY are all of the same nature. The FATHER.

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/arianism.htm

Arianism was a 4th-century Christian heresy named for Arius (c.250-c.336), a priest in Alexandria. Arius denied the full deity of the preexistent Son of God who became incarnate in Jesus Christ. He held that the Son, while divine and like God ("of like substance"), was created by God as the agent through whom he created the universe. Arius said of the Son, "there was a time when he was not." Arianism became so widespread in the Christian church and resulted in such disunity that the emperor Constantine convoked a church council at Nicaea in 325 (see Councils of Nicaea).

Guest idied2
Incorrect...forgive me if I'm reading you wrong, but all three - Father, Son, Holy Spirit always has been....not created,

BOB you are reading me wrong. Let me see if I can clearify this. The imaculate birth, ministry, death and resurection of CHRIST is part of creation to save man. The spirit of CHRIST has allways been. The HOLY SPIRIT as the HELPER being sent to indwell the believer was always there but the way it was used was created to save man.

All three are the SPIRIT of GOD and were allways there not created. All are the nature of the SPIRIT of GOD. Making GOD one and HIS name ONE.