• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I am so angry at my father right now. I don't know whether to speak my mind or let it go.

I know my father is a big gossip, to the point he even gossips about people in his Bible studies (yes he is the minister) and I have called him on it several times that it is not Godly.

Well as some may know we all lived together for a period of time recently, which caused major problems between my father and husband and thus me, and thank you Jesus He provided us with our own place.

My father returned to the city he liked, which is about 20 miles away, and we stayed in this small town, and my brother lives here also with his girlfriend.

So anyways I talked to my cousin this morning, and she was telling me evrything that has been going on in MY LIFE these last few days :noidea: . She said that my father has been telling the family at Bible studies everyting going on here!!!!!! Even to the point that we borrowed 20$ from a friend!!!!!

So of course I know my brother talks to my dad daily, so I called him up and reamed him. He apologized and said he didn't know dad was telling everyone all our business.

So should I also ream dad or let it go? It seems the other times I've said something it goes in one ear and out the other, and he wonders why I don't attend his Bible studies. :emot-nod:

Does your father realize that gossiping is a sin?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

I am so angry at my father right now. I don't know whether to speak my mind or let it go.

I know my father is a big gossip, to the point he even gossips about people in his Bible studies (yes he is the minister) and I have called him on it several times that it is not Godly.

Well as some may know we all lived together for a period of time recently, which caused major problems between my father and husband and thus me, and thank you Jesus He provided us with our own place.

My father returned to the city he liked, which is about 20 miles away, and we stayed in this small town, and my brother lives here also with his girlfriend.

So anyways I talked to my cousin this morning, and she was telling me evrything that has been going on in MY LIFE these last few days :21: . She said that my father has been telling the family at Bible studies everyting going on here!!!!!! Even to the point that we borrowed 20$ from a friend!!!!!

So of course I know my brother talks to my dad daily, so I called him up and reamed him. He apologized and said he didn't know dad was telling everyone all our business.

So should I also ream dad or let it go? It seems the other times I've said something it goes in one ear and out the other, and he wonders why I don't attend his Bible studies. :emot-hug:

((((((((((((Stacey)))))))))))))))))

I'm praying for you my sister & hope your dad will listen to you when you approached him, after you cooled down.

It's hard I know, i'm keeping my distance with my dad after he did that to me & much more...

I pray that DADDY will help your dad & he will come to realize that he needs to set an example.

lv

lomi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

So anyways I talked to my cousin this morning, and she was telling me evrything that has been going on in MY LIFE these last few days :D . She said that my father has been telling the family at Bible studies everyting going on here!!!!!! Even to the point that we borrowed 20$ from a friend!!!!!

So should I also ream dad or let it go? It seems the other times I've said something it goes in one ear and out the other, and he wonders why I don't attend his Bible studies. :rolleyes:

Does your father realize that gossiping is a sin?

Yes he knows it's a sin and wrong. Gossip and murmmuring are such nasty devils!!!!!! It's a constant on going battle in my family. Actually some of us fight it (and still occasionaly lose) while others keep right on going.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Thankyou all for your prayers and advise. I am going to talk to him, but I do need a couple of days to calm down and pray about it. My dad is VERY hard headed and stubborn so prayers for him also would be appreciated.

And I need prayers to have my heart softened because I have been burned by him one too many times.

Thank you all

God bless

stacey c

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/13/1972

I would let him know that his gossip needs to STOP and then stop telling him anything. Once you've discovered a gossip in the family, you've got to cut off their supply... that doesn't mean they won't get it elsewhere or just make it up, and honestly not realize they're doing anything wrong! I would get very stern about it each time you confront them (I think it takes more than once because gossips are truly addicts). You might even have to hurl a fit at some point or even threaten to end the relationship, if the gossip is that harmful to you.

And never think pastors can't be gossips!! I am married to one and he's the worst gossip I know.

Edited by ThePastorsWife

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hi Stacy,

Sorry to hear that you're going through this situation. I don't always see eye to eye with my parents either. and I agree with alot that Glory watch said; I've tried and tried to get my dad to change his ways but he doesn't listen. When he doesn't listen I just pray for him and ask the Lord to take care of it. and just keep on forgiving him

Blessings Spiritman.