• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

There are both medical reasons and then psychological reasons why this is immoral, in fact incest is also a social taboo all around the globe.

Where is the line I would draw? Incest and Pedophelia are not only sins but harmful to society. I would definitely draw the line there. As for polygamy, the same applies yet in some parts of the country it is practiced even though it is illegal and a sin.

Why is incest (assuming it's between adults) any more harmful to society then homosexuality? If I'm a male, and I happen to have had surgery so I can't make her pregnant, why can't I legally marry my daughter? You are infringing on my rights. So what if it is a social taboo. Homosexuality used to be a social taboo too, now they are allowed to marry. I want equal rights under the law.

How are you going to explain that to them? And how are you going to explain it to the man who wants 10 wives? Your "social taboo" argument is invalid - remember, you said we can't legislate morality?

What's that you say? A man marrying his daughter is downright disgusting? Funny, that's how I feel about a man marrying a man. Yet you are advocating allowing that.

If you are honest with yourself, can you honestly say that you can't see the doors that are being opened up here by allowing marriage to be defined as anything other then between 1-man and 1-woman?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

JP1: Brother, we're a part of a dying breed. Forget it. Game Over

I can tell just by the astonishing things I hear that we, the Church, are in real trouble.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

To Support the Federal Marriage Amendment that defines marriage between ONE

MAN and ONE WOMAN. The Vote on it takes place Thursday, July 15th.

They need 2 million signatures. They have only 1.5 million.

You can help by going to their web-site at: www.nogaymarriage.com

And sign the petition. Or send it by e-mail to your friends & families to sign the petition.

They are taking this to Congress. We need all your PRAYERS!! To STOP GAY MARRIAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please i urge all Christians to take this STAND FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As OUR CHRISTIAN DUTY TO SIGN THIS PETITION.

LET'S TAKE BACK AMERICA FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we going to stand bacK and let the ACLU, WALK ALL OVER US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their not the government. We the people are!! WE CHRISTIANS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tale PRAYER out of our Schools,IN GOD WE TRUST out of our PLEDGE, next the money. The TEN COMMANMENTS, and CROSSES, out of the public eye.

But it is okay in a History Class to teach children the Muslin prayers???

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS TAKE A STAND FOR CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And take BACK what the enemy ( devil), STOLE & is STEALING FROM US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BRING OUR COUNTRY BACK TO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank You & GOD BLESS YOU  :il:

Servant of Christ  :t2:

The Center for Reclaiming America Click Here for Home Page is requesting an addition 50,000 sign their petition to save 1 man + 1 woman mariage, the petition will be sent to the senate this week. Click Here for Petition

Other Recent Relevent Headlines...

Mass. High Court to Determine Rights of Pedophiles

Anti-Faith Group Attacks Faith-Based Initiatives

Homosexual Advocates Target America's Sex Laws

Senate Set to Debate Marriage Amendment in July

Where Do Your Senators Stand on the Federal Marriage Amendment?

Episcopal Church Introduces New Rites for Homosexual Unions

Canadian Charged with "Hate Speech" for Listing Bible Verses

US Senate Passes Homosexual Hate Crimes Bill

JP1: Brother, we're a part of a dying breed. Forget it. Game Over

I can tell just by the astonishing things I hear that we, the Church, are in real trouble.

Yep, especially since the church is party to much of this abomination.

And I'll never get an answer to my question either. Every time I ask how they can allow homosexual marriages based on the theory that "we can't legislate morality" but we can legistate all the other perversions based on morality, whomever was arguing disappears.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Cats

You mean it's not harmful for children? You really honestly believe this in your heart?

Of course it's harmful to children hence it's harmful to society, perhaps I was not specific enough. On a personal level I think pedophiles should be castrated and then given to an angry mob, but that's my opinion.

JP1:

Yep, especially since the church is party to much of this abomination.

And I'll never get an answer to my question either. Every time I ask how they can allow homosexual marriages based on the theory that "we can't legislate morality" but we can legistate all the other perversions based on morality, whomever was arguing disappears.

There is a very simple test, does the legislation infringe on someone elses right or just prevent citizens from infriging on others rights? Laws are there to protect citizens from those who would prey upon them, not to control their rights and freedoms.

Pedophelia infringes upon children, so does incest

Theft infringes upon whoever is stolen from

Murder infringes upon who is killed

ect ect ect

Homosexual Marriage - Destestable? Yes. A Sin? Yes. Infringes on my rights? No. I hate homosexuality, I hate Sin, but that IS God's area to judge them. I can tell them they are sinning but that is the extent of my rights in this country. I have the right to protest, not the right to force my view upon them. Do I hate that sometimes? Yes. But I also have to remind myself that very same piece of paper also protects my right to worship how and when I chose.

Pehaps I should have been more clear, you cannot legislate Christian morality as the government is not allowed to support any particular religion or belief system over another. You CAN legislate morality if it involves protecting it's citizens and that means ALL it's citizens.

Edited by Steff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

You don't think children raised in gay households will be harmed by having the minds continually exposed to this influence?

It's like serving them up for supper to the wolves. It's corrupting their entire mindset. They are made twice fit for hell.

We need to fight the ROOT of the problem but how many people do you know who are?

Hence, let's stem off the hemoraging, Steff. Let's not reward immorality by giving it time at the podium. Let's not give it the rewards that marriage (the real thing) does, according to the laws of God.

You really think homosexuals should be married? We're not talking not giving them a job that they're competent to do. We're talking about people esteeming them with the same special blessings that come from the only true form of marriage.

God will not acknowledge this union. It's an abomination to Him. He says so very clearly. If it's an abomination, God's history suggests He'll destroy it as He did with Sodom.

We are on a crash course with Sodom. When the entire country is devoured in God's wrath, I can only hope I'm not around when that day comes. And it is coming.

I personally think a Marriage isn't really a marriage if you don't let God into it anyway. A Homosexual marriage is only a marriage in name not in God's eyes which is what really counts.

However we do live in a country where being in a legally recognized marriage unfortunately has nothing to do with God. I think you and other Christians are placing too much emphasis on the institution of legal marriage rather than the meaning for it given by God.

You don't think children raised in gay households will be harmed by having the minds continually exposed to this influence?

It's like serving them up for supper to the wolves. It's corrupting their entire mindset. They are made twice fit for hell.

We need to fight the ROOT of the problem but how many people do you know who are?

Statistically speaking very few gay couples choose to take on children and since I have yet to meet any children raised from a gay couple I can't judge based on that.

We are on a crash course with Sodom. When the entire country is devoured in God's wrath, I can only hope I'm not around when that day comes. And it is coming.

Well the end times have been predicted for the last 1000 years and they haven't come yet. I'll be ready if they do but I'm not holding my breath either. As far as I'm concerned Gay marriage is way down the pole of things that we should be worrying about.

Pedophelia infringes upon children, so does incest

You skirted the issue. I specifically said marriage between a father and his ADULT daughter. It could be a 60 year old man and his 39 year old daughter. They are both adults, and they are BOTH consenting to it. No one is being infringed upon. She has had surgery so she cannot bear children.

Using the SAME argument you are using to advocate homosexual marriages, why should the two people I just described not be able to marry? Also, please tell me why 1 man shouldn't be legally allowed to have 10 wives? You skirted that issue too. If all 11 people are adults and consenting, who is being infringed upon?

Hence, let's stem off the hemoraging, Steff. Let's not reward immorality by giving it time at the podium. Let's not give it the rewards that marriage (the real thing) does, according to the laws of God.

Not to mention, don't you think that it will be 10 times harder to evangalize to them when the are in a legally sanctioned by the government marriage? They don't want to hear it now; marriage is only going to (in their minds) legitimize what they are doing even more.

Using the SAME argument you are using to advocate homosexual marriages, 

First, I DO NOT ADVOCATE HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE. I only said that I do not think it is an issue you can pass legislation on. Please do not try to spin it any other way.

I'm sorry but the "Either you're with us or against us" argument is fallicious.

You skirted the issue. I specifically said marriage between a father and his ADULT daughter. It could be a 60 year old man and his 39 year old daughter. They are both adults, and they are BOTH consenting to it. No one is being infringed upon. She has had surgery so she cannot bear children.

This is a fictional case based on fictional circumstances offhand I would say that a child with a healty relationship with their parents, this would never happen. If you can find a case log based on this situation I will read it and give you my response then. Under most other incest cases the parent is abusing the child and the child is well below the age of consent.

Also, please tell me why 1 man shouldn't be legally allowed to have 10 wives? You skirted that issue too. If all 11 people are adults and consenting, who is being infringed upon?

It never was a question of infringing upon others rights really, just currently it's against the law and honestly I haven't read the case log on polygamy. I do know many polygamist relationships ran into serious problems by being in court over disputes when it was legal. Also it created a lot of havoc when distributing estates along with being a widely unpopular practice.