• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

INTRODUCTION

Is God still speaking today?

Is it possible to hear the voice of God?

christian leaders are confused about this issue. some believe that God can guide us and give direction when we need it . others say God only speaks at us by what we read in the Bible . I believe that God still speaks to us today by His Holy spirit just as He did in Bible times. what do you believe ? The pseudopodia graph tells about Asiatic of the pharisees that came into existence 800 years [or more] before Christ. This sect taught that all God would ever say was already said through the writings of Moses. any subsequent prophetic voice or writing was invalid. they accepted only the first five books of the bible. nothing more; it seems many church leaders believe the same doctrine today [with some modification] for example, modern-day theological pharisees'' teach that God only speaks to us now by what is written in the Bible Beyond that, God is not speaking any more. while the Bible is a finished book, and no one should dare add anything to the canon of scripture, the idea that we now serve a DUMB GOD [one who cannot speak] is a great theological travesty. many will die to defend what said [past centuries] but ...refuse him that speaketh [presently in our day and time ] from heaven '' [Heb 12:25] seven times we are admonished, He that hath an ear, [et him hear what the spirit saith [present tense]unto the churches [Rev 2:7, 3:22] GOD BLESS YOU ALL YOURS MATHIAS FROM AFRICA IN UGANDA TAKE TIME WHEN YOU READ IT BYE BYE

Guest LadyC

i believe God talks to us in many ways... through scripture, thru the conviction of the holy spirit, thru others, and on rare occasion i believe he still speaks audibly. God hasn't changed His methods of communicating with humans. we humans have just stopped listening for so long that we don't recognize his voice, however it comes. (i'm generalizing, of course, because obviously many of us do recognize it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Doctrinal Questions

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I believe God speaks to us in many ways as Ladyc said...thru his word, thru the Holy Spirit, thru other people around us and thru preachings we hear.

On many occasions, when I pray, God would give me verses which seem to address exactly what I am going thru at that given moment.

I also believe God still talks to us thru the that still small voice of the Holy Spirit.

A case in point, about two years ago I had a problem with my visa here because my labor certificate was not yet ready and I only had a day left to renew my visa. I went to DAS (their immigration bureau) and they said I couldn't get any more extensions to my old visa. I've already had it extended. That was a problem becuase it meant I would have to exit and then come back and then exit again to have my visa processed outside the country.

As I was walking the street wondering what to do and praying to God to just show me what I needed to do, a small voice inside me said, "Go back to DAS". I told myself I already did, why bother? But that small voice kept saying it over and over again, so I did. When I got there, there was an old man there in the office. He told me to go directly to the Labor Ministry because many times, he said, the certificates were ready but the people were busy. He gave me the address and all. So I did what he told me, and true enough, my certificate was there. I got my visa the next day, the last day of my valid stay.

As for the man, I forgot to get his name that day. But the next day, I ran into him again. It turned out he was an immigration expert and he owned a company which processes visas for foreigners.

I have many other cases in point...but yes, God still speaks to us now like he used to. We just have to be sensitive to his voice.

South :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Num 22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"

Surely God has unlimited ways to influence and guide us without having to speak to us but without a doubt does so when he deems it necessary.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

God speaks to my heart each day - I believe I am lead each day by the Holy Spirit ... I ask for guidance and direction and just feel Him in my heart and so many of my choices and decisions.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I really belive that if we live in the Kingdom, under an Open Heaven, under grace, revealed by two simple things, faith and love, that we don't have to listen for God's voice, it is always there.

Jesus lived like that, and what He did, the scriptures tell us, we can do, and more. Jesus did not pray for people to be healed, not once. He commanded it, and I have met men and women, who live in the Kingdom, that can do the same. We can be that close to God, if only our faith would allow us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Found some scriptures on hearing God's voice:

John 8:47 (Today's New International Version)

47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

John 10:1-5 (Today's New International Version)

John 10

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

1 "Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

John 10:25-30 (Today's New International Version)

25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father's name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all [a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

South :)

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

Psalms 63:1

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 10:27

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

i believe God talks to us in many ways... through scripture, thru the conviction of the holy spirit, thru others, and on rare occasion i believe he still speaks audibly. God hasn't changed His methods of communicating with humans. we humans have just stopped listening for so long that we don't recognize his voice, however it comes. (i'm generalizing, of course, because obviously many of us do recognize it!

I agree. A great book that speaks to this is Hearing God by Dallas Willard