• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Except we have people here, on this very forum (let alone everywhere else) who say "If you don't do this, this and this, you don't love God because you are not keeping to his word." That's when the issue of the varying interpretations of what "this, this and this" actually mean, and how we're supposed to keep to God's word, and so on and so forth, come into play. There's no point in saying "Loving God is all that matters" and then going on to say "But if you don't do these things then you don't love God," because then loving God isn't all that matters. If it's universally agreed that faith is all that really matters then why bother worrying about the commandments at all? If faith is all that matters then ss long as I believe that Jesus died for my sins, I can do whatever I like.

Well I think the response is that if you have true faith doing whatever you like would be serving Christ and trying to follow His instructions. These instructions are basically spelled out pretty clearly and there is not tons of disagreement on them. It is a strange love indeed that would say I love you but I am going to ignore you and what you have to say to me.

Yes there is some minor disagareements among Christians on some of these issues particularly social issues, the vast majority of Christians agree about how to love Christ and follow Him. As far as doctrine goes you can simply read the Apostles Creed or the Worthy Statement of faith to get a basic view about some of the essentials of the faith.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Though Thracius can still read - he can no longer reply. He has been banned. We allow athiests and seekers to fellowship and ask questions, but when they begin to mock or to cause contention, their time here is over.

Thracius - I realize you are not seeking the Lord, but it is my prayer that one day soon you will, and that you will find Him.