• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so clarify please andy -

Do you think a man who struggles with homosexual urges should serve in the Church?

Would it be similar to a man struggling with peadophile urges and wanting to serve as Youth leader?

I would say they shouldn't serve.

It irks me to no end when homosexuals are compared to pedophiles. That aside...

Do you think that a man who struggles with lust should serve in the Church? The same rule should be applied to homosexuals. If they submit to Christ and not their desires, they can serve.

Pedophiles are a totally different kettle of fish, they should not be around children whatsoever.

I agree, andy. :emot-handshake: Nearly all people will occasionally struggle with lust. For some, that might be lust for the same sex... but if they don't give in to it, I just can't see how they are any worse or less qualified to serve than any other Christian.

I'm sad to hear that.

Guest HIS girl
'~andy~'
People get confused because homosexual is used as both a noun and a verb. They are homosexual in the sense that they struggle with the desire, but not homosexual in the sense that they do not commit the offense.

Do you think a man who struggles with homosexual urges should serve in the Church?

Would it be similar to a man struggling with peadophile urges and wanting to serve as Youth leader?

Do you think that a man who struggles with lust should serve in the Church? The same rule should be applied to homosexuals. If they submit to Christ and not their desires, they can serve.

Pedophiles are a totally different kettle of fish, they should not be around children whatsoever.

I didn't compare homosexuals to peadophiles but rather the situation andy.

I think if a heterosexual man/woman struggles with lust and wants to serve - it is in their best interest to let the Pastor, elders and leaders know of this struggle. For the glorification of God, it would be commonsense to not put this person in any leadership/servant position until matters were handled and the person showed consistent fruit of change.

I would feel very uncomfortable serving in Church alongside a man who is full of lust and desire.

Most everyone possesses sexual desire of one form or another. It is a natural part of our being.

Are you actually reading what I'm saying? :online2long:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Yes. Both are a form of perversion and a sin.

Yes. Both are a form of perversion and a sin.

Homosexuality is no more wrong than envy or dishonesty. You'd be looking a long time before finding someone to serve in the ministry who wasn't tempted by some form of sin.

Guest HIS girl

I agree, andy. :online2long: Nearly all people will occasionally struggle with lust. For some, that might be lust for the same sex... but if they don't give in to it, I just can't see how they are any worse or less qualified to serve than any other Christian.

Ok, so that also includes a person struggling with peadophile urges? Think about it.

Are you really getting what I'm saying?

I don't think so.

I agree, andy. :online2long: Nearly all people will occasionally struggle with lust. For some, that might be lust for the same sex... but if they don't give in to it, I just can't see how they are any worse or less qualified to serve than any other Christian.

Ok, so that also includes a person struggling with peadophile urges? Think about it.

I don't think so.

No, to be honest - I don't get what you're saying. How does pedophilia have anything to do with what we're talking about here?

I would be against someone struggling with pedophilia becoming a youth leader, simply because it puts them in a position where they are constantly surrounded by temptation and where innocent people are going to be badly hurt if their resolve fails.

Guest HIS girl

I don't think so.

No, to be honest - I don't get what you're saying. How does pedophilia have anything to do with what we're talking about here?

I would be against someone struggling with pedophilia becoming a youth leader, simply because it puts them in a position where they are constantly surrounded by temptation and where innocent people are going to be badly hurt if their resolve fails.

You were talking about folks struggling with lustful urges were you not?

If a person is struggling with an urge and you place a temptation in it's way that is stupidity.

As with the gay person who "struggles with lustful urges for other men", he shouldn't be serving. Like I said - his sin needs to be dealt with and fruit needs to be consistent before that person serves in ministry.

If you really read closely what I posted, you would see I also included the heterosexuals in the same way.

It's not rocket science you know.