• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

So. Some days seem a lot more... dreary than others. In these days, I feel lonely (in that I desire companionship that I do not have) and a sense of dread. This is compounded by a struggle with purity and slow physical progress (as opposed to spiritual progress, which is daily). So today I just feel like a big walking "siiiiigh". Anyone been there? How do you deal with it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well... I've been there... I've cried... and Prayed and those prayers were answered with a bounty that I cannot even describe to you. God helped me through my struggle with loneliness and dread and all the things that you wrote about... He will help you, too. Just realize that you are where you are at any point in life, because He wants you to experience, learn and grow in Him. Blessings to you - :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Well... I've been there... I've cried... and Prayed and those prayers were answered with a bounty that I cannot even describe to you. God helped me through my struggle with loneliness and dread and all the things that you wrote about... He will help you, too. Just realize that you are where you are at any point in life, because He wants you to experience, learn and grow in Him. Blessings to you - :wacko:

Poke, we have all had days, months, like you are having at the moment, seasons if you will. I can tell you that it always gets better, always. And you look back and can't even remember what the days and the problems were about. I speak from experience, and I am a tad older than you, so I have been through the same thing often.

When I am in that place and even prayer comes hard, I remember the words of Spurgeon, who said, "there are prayers that break the backs of words". When I know I need to pray, but don't know what to pray for or about, because I am so confused, then I just turn my prayers into worship. I just worship Jesus over and over, I sing to him, I pray, and I laugh with Him.

It will get better, just stay close to Jesus, talk to Him. I sometimes start my prayers, "Well Lord here we are again, me and You, and I need to talk......

Check out Davids pslams - 90% of them start with Woe is me, flaming darts, enemies nets, broken spears, chariots with flat tires, etc. But oh wow, how do they all end? You are the Lord my God, I worship you, You are my protector, I will love You till the end of my days! David knew how to talk to God, David knew how to worship!

And the Lord loved him for it, and the Lord loves you!

Be blessed, you are His, you are loved!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Idleness will increase your meditation on your sorrows. You need to snap out of it and be happy and joyful in all things. I am going through some legal trials myself and not getting too much sleep so I know this is a lot easier said then done. My suggestion is get busy. Make a daily schedule out. Start cleaning the house, washing the car etc. Become more involved in the weekly activities of your church and the churches around you. If you don't have a hobby then pick one up. And if you still need more help finding things to do than go to meetup.com and finds some groups there that interest you. Increase you bible reading and if you don't have a plan to read through the bible then pick one up and start there. Increase your prayer times also. Hope this helps...

Dave <IXOYE><