rafter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Before you get too carried away with Dr. Hargis and his stuff, I suggest you read Alfred Edershiem's LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS THE MESSIAH, in which this Rabbi who converted to Christianity explains why Jesus could very well have been born on or around 25 December, and why there would be sheep IN THAT PARTICULAR FIELD, YEAR ROUND!

Brother, trust me, the whole Church of the Living God has not had it wrong for 2,000 years until some guy 'discovered' what the Apostles and EVERYBODY ELSE IN CHURCH HISTORY MISSED.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

Leonard this Alfred Edershiem's quote is far off. Yashua was born in the month of Tishri on the 15th actually in a Sukkot which is a tempory dwelling used during the Feast of Tabernacles. A biblical reference point is John 1:14 out of the Scriptures Bible. "And the WORD became flesh and pitched HIS tent among us, and we saw HIS esteem, esteem as of only broughtforth of a FATHER , complete in favor and truth."

• 2 months later...
Guest LawyerForGod
Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Before you get too carried away with Dr. Hargis and his stuff, I suggest you read Alfred Edershiem's LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS THE MESSIAH, in which this Rabbi who converted to Christianity explains why Jesus could very well have been born on or around 25 December, and why there would be sheep IN THAT PARTICULAR FIELD, YEAR ROUND!

Brother, trust me, the whole Church of the Living God has not had it wrong for 2,000 years until some guy 'discovered' what the Apostles and EVERYBODY ELSE IN CHURCH HISTORY MISSED.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

It was absolutely NOT December 25th. That is a Roman Pagan Holiday. Alfred is incorrect. The church has had it wrong since 325 ad, when the Catholics came in and changed as much as they could.

Jesus was born near the end of September, early October. I would have to check with the year for the corresponding date on our calendar. Not during Rosh Hashanah though. Email me if you really want to know.

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am of the beleif that Yeshua was born on an important Hebrew holyday.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another(referring to the Feasts of the Lord) and from one Sabbath to another (His set-apart day that He sanctified), all flesh shall come to worship before me," says the Lord.

Yahsway, didn't the Israelites also celebrate the New Moon even if there was not appointed feast day at that time? The New Moon is mentioned a number of times in scripture and I had the idea that it was observed in some way even if an Appointed Feast time was not associated with it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I dont believe they celebrated the New Moon itself, but it was the sighting of the New Moon that determined what month they were in and what day(s) the Festivals/Feast days would fall on.