truthnluv

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to know where you got all this information. What authors have you read? What study did you do? Who helped guide you in this?

Thank you

Hi, SagzforChrist. As far as books that I've read I wouln't really know where to start. Some very important areas of study involve the laws of language and hermeneutics(method of interpretation). God chose to communicate with us through language so its neccessary to understand sentence structure, grammatical syntax, context, original word meaning, word usage by the author, etc.

If you wanted to do a study on this topic for yourself I would suggest you get a Strong's Concordance and look up the words wife, wives, virgin, virgins, join, cleave, flesh, adultery, adulterous, adulteries, marriage, marriages, married, marrieth, bride, bridegroom, husband, harlot, harlotry, whore, whoredom, whoredoms, fornication, and fornicate and read all the verses along with the surrounding context. write down any words you don't understand(don't ignore any) and look up those words too. This is a good place to begin. Forget about what you know already. When you do this study pretend like you don't know anything about any of the words your researching. I would suggest that you use a KJV as well as an NIV. The KJV is a literal word for word translation of the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, while the NIV interprets for you(they do a pretty good job, but remember the translators are interpreting for you).

God bless!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Bro Dave,

you indeed brought up an interesting and volatile subject. That

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Paul said, "Forgetting the things of the past I push forward for the prize..."

We need to stop getting bogged down with the guilt of past sins.

Folks, I am guilty of mega sin. Before I was saved, I partied bigtime. I had more than my fair share of pleasure partners. Sorry. One of the Lord's most devout followers was Mary Magdelene and she had a history of being one of those "women"....

Well, I wasn't a prostitute...but I was busy. I liked to party, okay.

So, what...so that's behind me. So it you're honest with yourself, from the time you entered puberty you probably fooled around, dated, had a fantasy life, engaged in self-abuse and everything else under the sun, so why are you disgussing this?

Does it matter? Does it matter if you slept around, had an active fantasy life or married 20 times?

Once you're saved, the whole slate is wiped clean. CLEAN! It's over. Forgotten.

Why not just leave your past behind and move forward. We're new creations in Christ and everything behind us if history. God has forgotten it....our sins are as far as the east is from the west....

So, we need to get past the past and move on.

Also, what if one of the partners was not able to function properly, thus could not consummate the marriage?

I've never studied this but these are just two things I thought about off the top of my head. Anyone's comments?????

Well, if they couldn

Guest LCPGUY

Dave, I think you are saying my past escapades are covered by the Blood. Now then, what if I have a girlfriend move in and we live as man and wife, totally loyal to each other, but we never made it legal via the State or some Church. Am I living in sin, or, from what I understand you to be saying, am I married to her in the eyes of God? Very confused!!!

In His Love,

Bro John

Dave, I think you are saying my past escapades are covered by the Blood. Now then, what if I have a girlfriend move in and we live as man and wife, totally loyal to each other, but we never made it legal via the State or some Church. Am I living in sin, or, from what I understand you to be saying, am I married to her in the eyes of God? Very confused!!!

In His Love,

Bro John

Hi, bro John. Becoming one flesh is a reference to sexual union(Matthew 19:5, cf. 1Corinthians 6:16). This is God's way of joining two people(Matthew 19:6). Therefore, when you become one flesh with a woman who is a virgin she is your wife. But if you become one flesh with a woman who has already become one flesh with a man before you then she is married already and this is fornication or adultery(1Corinthians 6:16). Unless of course she is a widow or abandoned by an unbeliever(1Cor.7:15,39).

Government legalities are not proscribed anywhere in the bible and neither is a formal ceremony. You would not be living in sin if you neglected these.

Hope that helps, bro :blink:

Edited by truthnluv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Truth and Luv

I think; and I can't ever remember saying this to anyone on this site; that you are only stirring up trouble amoung us.

It is one thing to debate,,,,, but that is not what this is all about

I pray that Jesus truly hears the desires of your heart and you will forgive me for my boldness, if I am indeed wrong

IN HIS LOVE

KAY

Edited by Kay

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

I am a little confused here, let me see if I get this right...

I was widowed for about 1 year and a half and I started dating a man who I thought was a Christian, we started having sex...after a few weeks I broke up with him because I knew I could not continue sleeping with him, I knew it was wrong and felt really bad, in fact soon I was in a serious depression.

Four years later I marry a Christian man, are you saying I am committing adultery because I am really married to the other man I had sex with?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

I am a little confused here, let me see if I get this right...

I was widowed for about 1 year and a half and I started dating a man who I thought was a Christian, we started having sex...after a few weeks I broke up with him because I knew I could not continue sleeping with him, I knew it was wrong and felt really bad, in fact soon I was in a serious depression.

Four years later I marry a Christian man, are you saying I am committing adultery because I am really married to the other man I had sex with?

That's the way I read what he is saying!!!

WOW don't let it hurt you. Jesus forgave you when you repented!! AND YOU ARE WHITE AS SNOW!!!

Love Kay

Guest LCPGUY
Truth and Luv

I think; and I can't ever remember saying this to anyone on this site; that you are only stirring up trouble amoung us.

It is one thing to debate,,,,, but that is not what this is all about

I pray that Jesus truly hears the desires of your heart and you will forgive me for my boldness, if I am indeed wrong

IN HIS LOVE

KAY

Kay, I agree with you!

The more I think about it, I think this fella