Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I do. I bought it ten years ago. I also have the commentary that goes with it. It is fantastic because it brings new life to old passages. What it does is put terms in the original Hewbrew point of view (not Greek like most people are incorrect as saying). But it leaves in very important terms, orginal sayings of Hebrew that any Jewish person would recognize to make it more personal for them. But it also connects Christianity with its roots in Judaism and perhaps bridges a gap. i would recommend it to at least be on your shelf for reference.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

I have wanted to buy a Hebrew/Jewish Bible for a while now and my local Christian bookshop is quite small and limited.

So yesterday I went in and normally I let the Lord lead me as to what to buy etc and I saw the Complete Jewish Bible on display and I just grabbed it (bought it) without thinking.

I have never heard of David.H.Stern before so just wanted some feedback before I get into it.

I have (personally) been wanting to get back to Christianity's Jewish roots for a long time now as I feel it has become so Westernised and far removed in some aspects from the original thoughts, teachings etc that I am embarressed at times for Christianities sake. I feel at times that some Churches try to "sell God" - glitz and glamour.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this Bible. :D

<snip>

I have (personally) been wanting to get back to Christianity's Jewish roots for a long time now as I feel it has become so Westernised and far removed in some aspects from the original thoughts, teachings etc that I am embarressed at times for Christianities sake. I feel at times that some Churches try to "sell God" - glitz and glamour.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this Bible. :emot-questioned:

Congrats on the Bible. I've been feeling the same way about the church, especially here in the U.S. There are a lot of them that seem to be selling the Gospel (or their twisted version of it.) Then there are others that are not, as well.

Guest HIS girl
<snip>

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into this Bible. :)

Congrats on the Bible. I've been feeling the same way about the church, especially here in the U.S. There are a lot of them that seem to be selling the Gospel (or their twisted version of it.) Then there are others that are not, as well.

I am in one of these Churches - we are small but alive. :rolleyes:

We do not have many early 20's because we are not "exciting" enough...we don't have "extras" like smoke machines, disco lights (strobe) etc.....I kid you not.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Read the whoe thing. I mean the inside cover too. He has great background knowledge and historical facts and stuff about our roots. It is a great tool! I even post the picture of it on my blog. Once you read the inside stuff you will like it and him even more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

HisGirl... smoke machines :rolleyes: wow that's really something. I'm glad your church is not given to that kind of hype. I went to a church once where there was a spontaneous congo-line during worship. I was "not happy Jan".

Koorong is pretty good, and usually their products are cheaper online, so that after including postage it's about the same cost as buying in store. www.koorong.com :) .

Guest HIS girl
Read the whoe thing. I mean the inside cover too. He has great background knowledge and historical facts and stuff about our roots. It is a great tool! I even post the picture of it on my blog. Once you read the inside stuff you will like it and him even more.

I have started reading it and yes I am reading it all, starting from the very inside cover.

I love it already. :noidea:

Guest HIS girl

~andy~'

I went to a church once where there was a spontaneous congo-line during worship.

That's interesting because I also attended a Church that did a conga-line around the room in celebration of the Lord's ressurrection.

I was "not happy Jan".

Well let's just say that was the first and last time I have conga'd in Church .......

Koorong is pretty good, and usually their products are cheaper online, so that after including postage it's about the same cost as buying in store. www.koorong.com :rolleyes: .

Yes, Koorong is good if you don't mind the wait.... :noidea:

I'm stiiiilll waiting for a Bible I ordered for one of my son's at Easter time - 2009.... :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

~andy~'
I went to a church once where there was a spontaneous congo-line during worship.

That's interesting because I also attended a Church that did a conga-line around the room in celebration of the Lord's ressurrection.

I was "not happy Jan".

Well let's just say that was the first and last time I have conga'd in Church .......

Koorong is pretty good, and usually their products are cheaper online, so that after including postage it's about the same cost as buying in store. www.koorong.com :rolleyes: .

Yes, Koorong is good if you don't mind the wait.... :noidea:

I'm stiiiilll waiting for a Bible I ordered for one of my son's at Easter time - 2009.... :taped:

Yep, I'm a one time conga girl too... would never go there again.

Koorong has been good to me but I am a local. I hope you enjoy your bible :24:.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/07/1957

Translated by David.H.Stern (US)

has anybody got it or read it?

Here is the text for the Jewish Bible.

http://books.google.com/books?id=aDuy3p5Qv...;q=&f=false