• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Kay,

The GOOD: You are a loving mother who is concerned about your son. Your son knows what is right and what is wrong.

The BAD: Your son is at a very impressionable age. Unfortunately, public schools encourage homosexuality. They encourage sexual experimentation. The cards are stacked against God's values in the public school arena.

Who your son decides "to run with" in school will also make a big difference. If he plays sports he is more likely to run around with "straight" friends. If he is somewhat of a social outcast then the odds of him experimenting further with homosexuality are greatly increased.

Homosexuality is sin, just like all sin, albeit more grave. Therefore, the answer is Jesus. Where does he stand with the Lord? Has he made your[ Lord his Lord? Is he truly born-again?

I think the term "Christian homosexual" is an oxymoron, although I don't know the end from the beginning as God does.

Right now I would just be on my knees praying and fasting. Have others that you know at church also make an effort to be diligent in praying for him.

Ultimately, he will have to make a choice.

I agree that there is a spiritual dimension to this, but it doesn't end there. His own flesh.. that is, his lust, is a big factor.

Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Just pray that God would bring conviction into his heart over the matter. Then, he will need to heed that conviction, rather than stifling it.

From a practical standpoint, maybe do some research on the internet and show him the disease and early death statistics of homosexuals. That might be enough to show him that this isn't just "an alternative lifestyle."

Blessings...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1982

Devoted,

I would agree with a lot of what was said. To many times as Christians, we take our disagreement with this topic to a discriminatory extreme. Continue to love your son no matter what choice he makes because ultimately it will be up to him. It will be your greatest tool in helping to deliver your son from Satan's grip. The fact that you love him just as Jesus loves him will help him realize what he is missing. :wub: Love, prayer, faith, and grace are some of the most powerful gifts that have been given to us by Jesus's death. He will be delivered from this sin but it may not be in the near future. Try not to put a resentment or a guilt trip on him but remind him that God love's him no matter what he has done and that Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins.

On another note, the public school situation may not be all that bad. A lot depends on where you are. Public schools in the area of the country were I'm from are 9 times out of 10 better than the private schools in the area and typically have an extremely conservatory nature. Just be sure to take an interest in how your son is doing by talking to his teachers and counselors early on when they can still do something to help rather than waiting until the end of the term or later on when they have less time to affect him.

I will continue to pray for you, your son, and anyone that God brings into his life.

Amy

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Kay, dear sweet lady! Trust in Jesus; We're ALL sinners in need of His saving Power. Christ knows exactly where your dear sweet boy is, and what is going on. Stay in prayer; Christ is the perfecter of us all. You're a wonderful, caring mother...I will keep you in my prayers. May our Lord's peace be with you. :hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Love your son as you always have. You need to pray for your son daily. Lift him up to Jesus daily. Do not point out his sin to him because you might push him away from God. Sin is sin. Homosexuality is no different then lying, cheating, or adultry. God will give you the wisdom and knowledge on what to do. Seek Jesus face for the answer and He will give you peace.

Yukon :)