• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i've often wondered why is it taking so long for Jesus to return? i know He sees things going on that are not so good and i had felt they could only get worse. so what is He waiting for?

i heard today that 'there is no time in heaven' and this is true. i was reminded that during the babylonian captivity described in the o.t. that God was told the 70 years are up. that would make sense if God has no time and He has no beginning nor end.

so i wanted to share this if there are any others pondering the same thing. also one more thing that came along with this.

that just because i look around and thing things are getting worse, this may not be the case from God's perspective. i will no longer assume this and will take the thought captive if ever it enters my mind again. for me, it is very wrong to make such a general assumption when my perspective is so comparatively tiny.

if there are any othes wondering 'what is He waiting for?' i hope this helps.

since i'm in this train of thought anyway, have you ever thought about Daniel's prayer in this regard: that he knew the time was at hand for their deliverance from captivity? he went to God and told Him the time was up and asked for the fulfillment of the promise? in my opinion, that's pretty gutsy.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

God gives all plenty of time to repent. When you look at the amount of people coming to Christ in China and India, just to mention a couple of countries it's hard to imagine Jesus coming back. You can look at one country and say come back. But you can also look at another and go wait to come back. I'm glad I don't make that decision.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I think God very well knows time. He created it. His number is 7, which is the number of perfection. How many times does the Lord use the number seven in reference of time, whether 7 days, weeks or years. We shouldn't place limits on God.

And the reason God delays is that He is waiting for the final Gentile to be saved, until the final number "has come in."