• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

In acts 10 we are introduced to a devout centurian cornelius, i was wondering if this was the same devout and faithful centurion as we meet in the gospels, the one who had a sick servant that Jesus healed with a word.

anyone have any insight or ideas?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think there has been some reasonable speculation along the lines that Cornelius was the Centurion at Capernaum, and later at Caesarea, but the evidence has been circumstancial.

One of the things that strikes me is that this man Cornelius was known throughout Israel as a G-d-fearer, and really honoured and respected by the Jewish people...he probably practiced their religion in as far as he was able and made substantial contributions...even paying for the building of a synagogue.

It is interesting to consider that the two things that have touched G-ds heart, and caused Him to initiate contact with the apostle Peter, are his prayers, and his giving of alms...which would make for an interesting aspect of the blessing and necessity of how we use our money in the framework of the body of Believers we are committed to.

It wouldn't surprise me if this centurion was one and the same...just as it wouldn't surprise me if the two thieves that the L-rd was crucified between...turned out to be those in the parable that He told, that had robbed the Samaritan and left him for dead on the road to Jericho... again complete speculation, but I personally have this understanding that the Bible is so precise and wonderfully inter-related, that it is possible to continuously find nuggets and gems that confirm and re-confirm the miraculous authorship through even the configuration of the letters, the use of language, the typography and the recorded history and characters.