• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  175
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

They are one and the same

Only in your pipe-dream but we are discussing reality here - right? Where is your scientific evidence

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

They are one and the same

Only in your pipe-dream but we are discussing reality here - right? Where is your scientific evidence

Science has done a good job explaining Copernican Theory but the evidences for Darwinism remain obscure at best.

Really? Tell me what the explanation is, and I am confident that I cam make a similar (though much better researched one, with more evidence to back it).

And, actually, let's reverse the roles completely, and I'll put the Christian argument against the Copernican Theory!.

I'm totally serious - we could both learn a lot! (We can critique each other's arguments along the way!).

I came to the forum to learn, and it is clear that several posters (Shiloh, HorizonEast among them) have no interest in sharing what they believe in - and they are not interested in hearing other opinions, so I guess that's about all from me.

Add to that the fact that I can no longer take part in polls or send/receive PMs (sorry, SpiritMan, the link you sent me was lost with my PM privileges), I'm going to prove my Mum wrong when she said "an educated person doesn't take a hint".

Nice getting to know some of you a little.

Peace,

Nick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

There's a definite patten here; the evolutionists talk and talk and talk....but never actually show the purported link between man and other beings. The agenda is not to educate or defend a position....it's to sow discord and doubt among believers. And it ALWAYS fails.

There's a definite patten here; the evolutionists talk and talk and talk....but never actually show the purported link between man and other beings. The agenda is not to educate or defend a position....it's to sow discord and doubt among believers. And it ALWAYS fails.

Interesting that you should accuse me of that.

Yet all I've asked for it for you to explain your ideas to me.

And that is what Worthy exists for, isn't it?

I'm not trying to sow discord or doubt.

I'd be happier if you all had the same ideas, actually, so unity would be preferable - at least that way I could get my head around it all.

You're right about one thing: my agenda is not to educate. It is to exchange views.

I came to the forum to learn, and it is clear that several posters (Shiloh, HorizonEast among them) have no interest in sharing what they believe in - and they are not interested in hearing other opinions, so I guess that's about all from me.

Add to that the fact that I can no longer take part in polls or send/receive PMs (sorry, SpiritMan, the link you sent me was lost with my PM privileges), I'm going to prove my Mum wrong when she said "an educated person doesn't take a hint".

Nice getting to know some of you a little.

Peace,

Nick

You misrepresented yourself from the get-go Nick

Interesting that you should accuse me of that.

Yet all I've asked for it for you to explain your ideas to me.

And that is what Worthy exists for, isn't it?

I'm not trying to sow discord or doubt.

I'd be happier if you all had the same ideas, actually, so unity would be preferable - at least that way I could get my head around it all.

You're right about one thing: my agenda is not to educate. It is to exchange views.

Okay, ConScience, I'll give you some of my own ideas. I guess it's not fair if we just say 'you're wrong' and don't counter anything.

I believe God spoke the universe into being about 14/15 billion years ago and I believe the earth is VERY old, billions of years, and, for most of it's history, no life was present. God started life many millions of years ago and He made many different 'kinds' during that time. Most of them were destroyed but only He knows why. When God decided to create the world as it is now, He created the 'kinds' we see now and, most importantly, US, you and I. No species has evolved into another, ever; He made all living things adaptable for survivability though. You've asked several times if we are made of clay; no, the Bible tells us we were fashioned from the dust of the earth and, sure enough, our bodies contain trace minerals just as could be expected. :)

Okay, ConScience, I'll give you some of my own ideas. I guess it's not fair if we just say 'you're wrong' and don't counter anything.

I believe God spoke the universe into being about 14/15 billion years ago and I believe the earth is VERY old, billions of years, and, for most of it's history, no life was present. God started life many millions of years ago and He made many different 'kinds' during that time. Most of them were destroyed but only He knows why. When God decided to create the world as it is now, He created the 'kinds' we see now and, most importantly, US, you and I. No species has evolved into another, ever; He made all living things adaptable for survivability though. You've asked several times if we are made of clay; no, the Bible tells us we were fashioned from the dust of the earth and, sure enough, our bodies contain trace minerals just as could be expected. :)

FINALLY! I knew I could count on you, MG.

Phew, it's like getting blood out of a stone.

Would you say that others believe the same thing, too? I thought that some Christians believed that the earth was only 10,000 years old. Is that true, or was I mistaken?

I believe God spoke the universe into being about 14/15 billion years ago and I believe the earth is VERY old, billions of years, and, for most of it's history, no life was present. God started life many millions of years ago and He made many different 'kinds' during that time. Most of them were destroyed but only He knows why. When God decided to create the world as it is now, He created the 'kinds' we see now and, most importantly, US, you and I. No species has evolved into another, ever; He made all living things adaptable for survivability though. You've asked several times if we are made of clay; no, the Bible tells us we were fashioned from the dust of the earth and, sure enough, our bodies contain trace minerals just as could be expected. :noidea:

FINALLY! I knew I could count on you, MG.

Phew, it's like getting blood out of a stone.

Would you say that others believe the same thing, too? I thought that some Christians believed that the earth was only 10,000 years old. Is that true, or was I mistaken?

No, you're not mistaken; some do believe that. Some believe as I do, many do not. What's really important is that we ALL believe God created us, He is the one true God and He sent His son, Jesus, to atone for our sin to grant us a way to salvation. That Jesus died for us, was resurrected after three days and ascended to Heaven. That He will return to establish His Kingdom on earth; that we will all stand before Him in judgment, every knee will bow and acknowledge Him as God and we will all receive our final reward or punishment. :blink: