• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Will we recognize and or have our families in heaven?

If your son dies as a child when you go to heaven how will you view each other?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any ;) family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1962

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any ;) family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

SORRY for you Loss...May God Grant you Peace...Read these scriptures all...Titus 1:2...Paul says we will be reunited with family...And,Philppians 3:20-21...The disciples saw Jesus's physical body and touched him...This means we can expect the same this Scripture says... Heavensmist...GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I believe we will. We will have the mind of Christ, so our thoughts as we are today will be changed. There's a passage in Luke 9:28-33 that shares this: THE TRANSFIGURATION- And it came to pass, He took Peter, John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. And as He prayed, the fashion of His countenance was altered, and His raiment was white and glistering. And behold, there talked with Him two men, which were Moses and Elias: Who appeared in glory, and spake of His decease (death) which He should accomplish at Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with Him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw His glory, and the two men that stood with Him. And it came to pass, as they departed from Him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for Thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said. Peter had NEVER met Moses or Elias, yet he recognized them.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any :rolleyes: family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

SORRY for you Loss...May God Grant you Peace...Read these scriptures all...Titus 1:2...Paul says we will be reunited with family...And,Philppians 3:20-21...The disciples saw Jesus's physical body and touched him...This means we can expect the same this Scripture says... Heavensmist...GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!

What loss are you talking about???? I do believe we will know each other in heaven, but I said I doubt very seriously if mother, father and children will be living together in heaven like they do here. Otherwise, the widow with 5 husbands will be living together in one house! Of course we will be reunited, but we will be reunited with all of God's children. This thread isn't worth arguing over, you and I are alive and neither will know until we get there for sure.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any :laugh: family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

SORRY for you Loss...May God Grant you Peace...Read these scriptures all...Titus 1:2...Paul says we will be reunited with family...And,Philppians 3:20-21...The disciples saw Jesus's physical body and touched him...This means we can expect the same this Scripture says... Heavensmist...GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!

What loss are you talking about???? I do believe we will know each other in heaven, but I said I doubt very seriously if mother, father and children will be living together in heaven like they do here. Otherwise, the widow with 5 husbands will be living together in one house! Of course we will be reunited, but we will be reunited with all of God's children. This thread isn't worth arguing over, you and I are alive and neither will know until we get there for sure.

Miss Elly, I believe "HeavenMist", was agreeing with your reply, and at the same time replying to "Smalcald's" second question...jotful :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Right I think she was.

Thank you for your replies, when we lost our child I questioned my faith because of the darkness. But in the end we cannot have grief the same as the world has grief as we know that our children are with Christ Himself, the soul leaves the body and today is in paradise.

I hope we have recognition of family, I agree with you all that we will recognize our family and also that we will meet them and be as one.

Peace.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I believe that we will undoubtably know friends and relatives, sons and daughters but it will be in a glorious way with no tears heartache, disease or differences that will come between us...we will all be united through Messiah, it will be like the joy that filled the disciples when they saw their L-rd risen from the dead....the old part of our mortal lives will be sloughed off with all its fleshly passions and earthly distractions, and finally it will enter our hearts the enormity of what G-d has prepared for us, and the untainted recognition of our Saviour.

It is very very difficult to gain an insight to life after death, and sometimes the heartache and veil of tears obscures some of the brief glimpses that the Scriptures afford us, and the Holy Spirit reassures us with....it is in our nature to want to know, and to be further convinced of seeing those we love who have gone on before us. One day we will, not just in dreams that might trouble us, but face to face in glorious ressurected bodies...free at last.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

1 Cor 13:12 (NASB)

Edited by JIME

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1962

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any :21: family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

Miss Elly, I believe "HeavenMist", was agreeing with your reply, and at the same time replying to "Smalcald's" second question...jotful :rolleyes: