memorykeeper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

i think i definitely believe in this as looking through the new testament there seems to be countless examples of demons being thrown out or cast out.

i dont know why people would be against this as it is plainly seen over and over again with Jesus doing the casting out of evil that is not supposed to be in man and that causes all kinds of suffering. I m not sure this is a doctrinal question or not, but I am sure it is apart of doctrine but I assume it is because at the end of the gospel of Matthew Jesus says the signs that occupy belief or believers. I think this deliverance ministry must be people who are casting out demons out of people but since Jesus said the signs would follow them that believe, then, isnt it for all believers or are there degrees of this? You mentioned the man , Openly Curious, in the gospel of Mar, who was delivered, was that an extreme case?

memory

Hey memorykeeper,

I believe any Christian is capable of casting out devils, as it is Jesus that gives us the ability to do so in Christ power. Jesus told his disciples after they couldn't cast out a demon and Jesus said that some demons want come out but by prayer and fasting which doing these two things will make us strong in our faith built up.

As far as the story of the man at the tomb, I believe it to be an extreme case, it is extreme only in that there were so many devils in this one man. There have been many cases of demon possession. The account in Mark 5:1-20--it says, that there were 2000 thousand pigs in that herd that the demons were permitted to go into that herd of swine as the demons went out of that man and entered into the swine the demons that came out of the the man who was dwelling in the tombs, came out of the man and entered into the 2000 thousand herd of pigs and all of them pigs ran violently down the hill and entered into the sea and the whole herd choked to death so I would say, this was an extreme case.

Mary Magdaline had seven demons cast out of her. There was a boy in whom was a demon and when Jesus told the demon to come out, the demon tore the boys flesh when it came out of him.

I believe that some of the serial killers are possessed by demons people like Charles Manson whom is in prison just for an example of demon possession. I believe that David Karesh (if that name is correct and also the spelling) was possessed by demons who was pinned in Waco, Texas who had followers of his. It was Janet Reno who gave the word for the fed's to go in and over take them as they were viewed as a cult.

I think people like Ted Bundy the serial killer was possessed by demons as something was behind his murderess nature. I believe demons are behind alot of the crimes we face as well as those who sit in prison I believe some are demon possessed. There are women in which I believe are bound up in bondage to demons who need to be set free.

forgive me for not adding all the scripture references in what I shared as my eyes are not co-operating with me today

Blessings,

oc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

OC,

thanks for the references that you gave me. and i read that story alot.

so i understand that there is some thing to what stories are in the bible regardless of whether or not they happen in real life now.

i wonder what happen to legionman to make him become so possessed? was it like before jesus came that people were like

open to all kinds of evil spirits? they just had to suffer before he came on the scene. and it seemed like he was saying(Jesus),

that he was going only to the Jews to deliver and teach them and heal them. so, i figure the non jews must have been

in worse condition than the ones he performed exorcisms on.

so i guess its good to follow the scriptures.

memory