• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Lady C I love the way you think down to earth no hocus pocus, I tend to have the same attitude. Also I may add that I whole heartedly agree with you. Divorce is bad its a tragedy ofcourse God dosnt like it he hates it. The thing is it happens and when it happens alot of times it's for the best, maybe because the person we married was made because we were not being wise in are choice. I am a classic case, get a girl preg at 18 hmm cant make the best living delivering pizza at Dominos part time, and I want to be a father. I join the Army and bam we get married she comes with me perfect. Not realy, I should have never married her we were not right for each other, we were young and nothing good came out of it, It came to a climax when I was sent to korea my last year in the military. She had enough of me I wasnt the perfect husband or realy didnt even want to be and she found someone else durring that year. I returned to a preg wife by another man. Thats a big ouch some people wonder how I kept myself together. Well I realy didnt keep myself together very well. The point is some times Divorce is the only reasonable option. I think Jesus saw that in the case of adultery, and Paul relized that When your married to an unbeliever and can not make things work it can be destructive and very harmfull. Some one posted about David and Abraham burning in hell because of there wives. I think that the devil can mess with our minds to keep us from being happy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humble, i hear what you're saying... and you definitely had biblical grounds. but i do want to clarify that i see nothing in scripture that allows for divorce for any reason other than sexual immorality. that being said, true repentance brings complete forgiveness, whatever the reason for divorce. (obviously when i say true repentance, i'm excluding those who divorce their spouse for the purpose of marrying another.) and complete forgiveness leaves you as virginal in the eyes of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I see no reason to have this debate running in two different threads. :whistling:

Peace,

Dave