Butterfly634

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have never followed any people or programs on TBN.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

This couple (Rexella, not Rox) has been around for a long time feeling that the return of Christ is imminent (so did Paul). I got a "Perhaps Today" pin from them. Apparently Jack has virtually memorized the whole Bible. Their focus is prophecy with a tendency to find significance in modern news headlines. I think they are Baptist (?), pre-trib., pre-mill. and would not be New Age but orthodox in their Christianity. Their personalities, appearance, and mannerisms may not be every one's cup of tea. They may also be prone to speculating too much. We would have to listen closer to discern, but I don't think they are in left field. You probably turned the channel too quick and misunderstood what they were saying about Nostradamus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:sarcasm: I saw them last night. Jack seems to think that this is the begining of armagedon(spelling). I feel like this America's wake up call. :???:

Guest millitus

OK now you have done it! Trying to blast my most favorite two people spreading the word of our Father. They have given their lives to spread the Word for us in these last days. Maybe you should listen a little more before you make such accusations about others and take a look deeper within your own selves! These two people have helped to bring many folks to Christ and Mr. Van Impe says what he means. He does not compromise his beliefs and he loves all peoples. He is known as the walking Bible. And Rexella is a wonderful woman who stand by her walking bible. I have listened to the Van Impes for the last 10 years and if possible, never miss a show and if I do of course its available on the web for viewing. There is hope in their words!!! Why dont you listen closer before you judge their ministry. Mr Van Impe Does Not indorse Nostradomas. Please learn more about them before you knock them. Is that a stick in your eye?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

OK now you have done it! Trying to blast my most favorite two people spreading the word of our Father. They have given their lives to spread the Word for us in these last days. Maybe you should listen a little more before you make such accusations about others and take a look deeper within your own selves! These two people have helped to bring many folks to Christ and Mr. Van Impe says what he means. He does not compromise his beliefs and he loves all peoples. He is known as the walking Bible. And Rexella is a wonderful woman who stand by her walking bible. I have listened to the Van Impes for the last 10 years and if possible, never miss a show and if I do of course its available on the web for viewing. There is hope in their words!!! Why dont you listen closer before you judge their ministry. Mr Van Impe Does Not indorse Nostradomas. Please learn more about them before you knock them. Is that a stick in your eye?

Millitus,

I know for a fact, that Jack Van Impe has been known to be a 'date-setter' concering the return of Christ.

Below is a quote which I remember regarding Y2k...

From what I've heard and seen, he is a strong believer in the prohecies of Nostradamus...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I like them and I've heard him say several times that no one knows the day or the hour.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:exclaimation: They haven't set any dates. They have been saying that the time is near because of the growing power of the EU.  :cool2:

Guest millitus

JVIM has given us a range from 2003 to 2018 minus 7 years which would be anytime from 2003 to 2011 the anti christ will arise out of the EU. 2018 being approx. when Christ returns to rule and reign on the earth. We are to be aware of the times ahead and even the knocking on the door. Knowing the times and taking heed is not date setting, it is simply opening our eyes and being aware lest we be caught unaware. Knowing the approximate time and even the year is not a date

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Ahhh, Jack Van Impe. I used to stay up to watch his show, and really enjoyed him, but I found that after I actually became a Christian, I really didn't agree with much of what he said. I can remember hearing an ad for a video he has-"Beyond the Grave"-and it sounded like pretty far out stuff. True, I've never watched the tape, but it didn't sound biblical to me, based on his description. Sounded like he was talking about different "levels" of heaven, such as the Mormons believe, but I don't know. Maybe he was just going to disprove this idea in the video?

I actually caught part of the show tonight- he was talking about the battle of Gog and Magog, saying it was part of the battle of

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

If they are date setters, that's a heretical form of teaching.  To be able to give a block of time for when the antichrist will come about falls right in line with that.  When understanding the Bible, we must realize that there are some parts that God intended for us to take literally and some figuratively.  If all the Bible was taken literally only, that would mean that the parables all were actual events.  It is fairly widespread belief that most of the parables, if not all, were stories that Jesus told to make a spiritual, moral point about a daily activity.  I pray that we all step away from the limelight long enough to see if our actions, thoughts, and words are overshadowing our Almighty Father in any way.