George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Pastor sat motionless in his cell. He had just returned  from a severe beating for his faith. His face was still swollen nearly shut.

Our founder Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, shared a cell with this imprisoned pastor. He slowly made his way over to his brother  in the faith. He knelt down beside the beaten pastor and said, "My brother, can you say the prayer, 'Father forgive them?" Without looking up, the pastor said, "I cannot." Richard continued to sit quietly beside the man, fearful that the pastor had broken under the torture and allowed unforgiveness to fill his heart. Then the pastor looked into Richard's face. His eyes filled with tears as he said:  "My prayer is not 'forgive them...my prayer is, 'Father forgive them and me.' If I had been a better pastor, perhaps more torturers would have been converted to Christ."

The two pastors wept together(excerp from VOM March edition)

When Jesus was on His way into Jerusalem, where He would be delivered up for crucifixion, He looked over the city and began weep. Luke 19:42, Jesus says, "If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for yur peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes." Jesus goes on to tell the multitudes: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!" Matt 23:37.

The Romanian pastor and Jesus both had personal reasons to weep. But instead both wept for the unsaved. Do we weep for the unsaved? Do we weep when we hear the truth distorted by those who don't understand? Jesus said he was the only way to salvation, Do we weep for those who deny this? The primary message of Christiians is not one of a Christless harmony or peace, but one of a gracious gospel linked to eternal consequences. For those of you that don't believe this I weep.

Richard Wurmbrand is the founder of The Voice of the Martyrs. His story of imprisonment for his faith is a true one. For further information about his ministry heres the web page. www.persecution.com

Love in Christ

Teri

A most excellent story and example of true Christian Love....Yes I love the lost and do weap for them..Unforunatly, I like the pastor, have to spend so much time just keeping myself pure and available, to be used by the Spirit...If I/we could just learn to follow hard after the Spirit, life would be so much easyer, and there would be many who are not lost, even now... Help us Jesus..Give us the wisdom and strength to keep outselves as a living sacrifice unto you...To often we take ourselves off the alter of self sacrifice for the kingdom Lord...I pray now Lord that you pour upon us conviction from your Spirit to remember why we are here as ambassadors for you...

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 118:25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

118:27 God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

118:28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. 118:29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

I have that book, too, Teri.  I'm thinking about buying the first one and posting some of the stories on this board.  But they are very hard books, particularly "Jesus Freaks", which is why I haven't bought it yet.  And of course, I need to pray about it, and talk to George.  But he will read this any way, so I geuss I am talking to George.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

LOL is that an excuse to call me Xan? LOL!  You don't need an excuse.

With much agape love,

George

• 13 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Very good posting this one..

Thank you George

i have wept for unsaved but here is priorities

I have wept for my priorities where i am failing to reach them

I am wept for my failure even i gave the gospel, they are not willing to accept the gospel

Now i am weeping but not in all,.,. because i am able to understand the all matters

Jesus said.. Unless Father attracts some body, no one can come to me(Jesus) 

Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 
16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 

Jesus wept for Jerusalem, yes He lived there, he preached there, They are not accepted,,. after many Years (may be AD 69) King Titus is coming to punish the Jerusalem. Jesus knows that.. He wept.. because He is love

When we are with love on our kids or some body,, when we know they are going to face punishment,.,. our love can lead us to weep. 

This matter is very different.. not weeping for personal matters, just weeping for their coming punishment.. 

FOR ME I CAN SAY THIS

** ** as we have responsibility we need to weep for LOST

** ** WORK is given to us.. we need to weep for our failure to spread the gospel, our failure is going to send some souls to hell

Moses asked God and wept before God,,, God forgive them or remove my name from book of life..

A BURDEN IN LIFE CAN MAKE TO WEEP.. 

PAUL SAID.. Rom 9:1  I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 
2  That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 
3  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 

prophets wept for nations..   a burden for people salvation is always gives the fire in heart and tears in eyes..