Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Yes Fez, this a very sad, yet this could have been an avoid situation.

I shall don't (nor want to) understand, how these men could have done this, and have been free for so long.

Even with the help of the police, someone should have been a able to put pressure on them.

Does taking care with all cost mean....a parent would take money from these perverts?

My thoughts the church was just an easy havan for paedophilers to get away with this type of sin.

And faithful members who help serve and give to the church, from all over the world, will have to pick-up the tab, for this crime against nature.

I don't understand how they slept at night.

I will be praying for the victims and for the Church....jot

maybe this is why God made it so man could marry woman...... so that they would not BURN ... as Paul so keenly wrote.... It would be better to marry then burn.......

the Israelite priest had wives, so why not allow other ministers to marry, helps keep them on the straight and narrow......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes Fez, this a very sad, yet this could have been an avoid situation.

I shall don't (nor want to) understand, how these men could have done this, and have been free for so long.

Even with the help of the police, someone should have been a able to put pressure on them.

Does taking care with all cost mean....a parent would take money from these perverts?

My thoughts the church was just an easy havan for paedophilers to get away with this type of sin.

And faithful members who help serve and give to the church, from all over the world, will have to pick-up the tab, for this crime against nature.

I don't understand how they slept at night.

I will be praying for the victims and for the Church....jot

maybe this is why God made it so man could marry woman...... so that they would not BURN ... as Paul so keenly wrote.... It would be better to marry then burn.......

the Israelite priest had wives, so why not allow other ministers to marry, helps keep them on the straight and narrow......

Agreed!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Irish Priests Child abuse

This is very, very sad, and very sickening. It gives so many people ammunition to fire at our faith. How will these men face Jesus on judgment day? :cool: The Catholic church in Ireland has a lot to answer for in this regard.

"Hundreds of crimes against defenseless children from the 1960s to the 1990s were not reported, while the Irish police treated clergy as though they were above the law.The four archbishops, obsessed with secrecy and avoiding scandal, protected abusers and reputations at all costs. The four - John Charles McQuaid who died in 1973, Dermot Ryan who died in 1984, Kevin McNamara who died in 1987, and retired Cardinal Desmond Connell - did not hand over information on abusers. Even when Cardinal Connell gave 17 names to officers in 1995, the Commission later found there were 28 priests with allegations against them at that time."

The full report has the names of 106 priests. They have to be prosecuted!

This is the price of forcing men to be celebate who are not gifted to be celebate, putting them in a position where they can not be seen with women but spend all their time around young impressionables.

This is also the cost of trying not to embarass JESUS and putting HIM to public shame as a result of bad religion.

It creates a hiding place for perverts of the darkest ilk. Early Catholicism did not practice celibacy, nor do the Orthodox Churches (except at the higher levels, bishop and above).

It does not embarrass Christ to expose these men, it says "We are vigilant against evil." Rome needs to clean up its act before Christ removes its lampstand.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Irish Priests Child abuse

This is very, very sad, and very sickening. It gives so many people ammunition to fire at our faith. How will these men face Jesus on judgment day? :cool: The Catholic church in Ireland has a lot to answer for in this regard.

"Hundreds of crimes against defenseless children from the 1960s to the 1990s were not reported, while the Irish police treated clergy as though they were above the law.The four archbishops, obsessed with secrecy and avoiding scandal, protected abusers and reputations at all costs. The four - John Charles McQuaid who died in 1973, Dermot Ryan who died in 1984, Kevin McNamara who died in 1987, and retired Cardinal Desmond Connell - did not hand over information on abusers. Even when Cardinal Connell gave 17 names to officers in 1995, the Commission later found there were 28 priests with allegations against them at that time."

The full report has the names of 106 priests. They have to be prosecuted!

This is the price of forcing men to be celebate who are not gifted to be celebate, putting them in a position where they can not be seen with women but spend all their time around young impressionables.

This is also the cost of trying not to embarass JESUS and putting HIM to public shame as a result of bad religion.

It creates a hiding place for perverts of the darkest ilk. Early Catholicism did not practice celibacy, nor do the Orthodox Churches (except at the higher levels, bishop and above).

It does not embarrass Christ to expose these men, it says "We are vigilant against evil." Rome needs to clean up its act before Christ removes its lampstand.

There are men (and women) who are not celebate or Catholic who sexually abuse also - it's not just celibacy causing this situation. I strongly suspect that many men who go into the priesthood who have unhealthy views on sexuality go there so they do not have to face normal relationships. But make no mistake - there are sexual abusers in every religion and every walk of life. There is a well-known protestant minister in our area who is 80 years old who has recently been arrested for trying to set up a tryst with what he thought was a 13 year old girl.