• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Well Bob you did a very good job in explaining what you mean when you say we should flee from sin.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Jedi writes:

"You have no clue what that scipture means much less your use of taken it out of context.

And I hope you not calling me heretic. Do you want to burn me at the stack too or maybe throw me to lions.

I am a heretic because I tell people that they should live a holy life before God. And your a saint because you tell people that its ok to continue in sin.

Go figure!"

My comment:

Yes, you are a heretic judging by your posts, and not because you tell people to "live a holy life before God".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Thank you Bob :blink:

You will be relieved to know i have no more questions. :rofl: Thanks for spending the time.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Thank you Bob :)

You will be relieved to know i have no more questions. :) Thanks for spending the time.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

You are very welcome Adstar....dunno if you agree or not ? Perhaps it's best if I don't know ;) You are, of course welcome to answer and I'd be willing to hear what you have to say on it....but my position isn't going to change as I believe it's what the Bible teaches; but I never refuse to listen to someone on the basis that "I don't agree with you"....I ran into that just the other day....Daddy made me uncomfortable about it....I learned from the experience; He took a mistake I made and turned it around for His glory....He's so good :rofl:

And....it's never a bother in regards to a time factor....I learn things when I'm forced to think about what I believe and why and then explain it....so I should be thanking YOU......brought me that much closer to Jesus....I do love Him so very much :wub:

God bless....whether or not I hear back ? That's up to you; but in no way feel obligated. I have already received a blessing from you; but I'm always willing to accept more as HE determines to dispense.

Serving HIM,

Bob

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Jedi writes:

"I want you to know that God is going to hold you accountable of how you judge and condemned me. He is going to hold you accontable for every little word you have spoken. The same way you judged me is how God is going judge you on that great and terrific day. The mercy that you extended me is the same mercy God is going to show or not show you on judgement day.

I fear for you and the words you have spoken.

I pray that God has mercy on you.

God bless, "

My comment:

"...God is going to hold you accountable of how you judge and condemn me"

If you mean that I will stand before/appear before "the judgment seat of Christ"(Romans 14:10, 2 Cor. 5:10, for then "....every one of us shall give account of himself to God...."(Romans 14:12), I agree with you. But this is a "rewards ceremony" with regards to our SERVICE AS SONS=our "walk"=our sanctification=our fulfilling of:

"...we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph. 2:10

" That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Tim. 3:15

"Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." Titus 2:14

"This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men." Titus 3:8

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10

As "...ambassadors for Christ...."(2 Cor. 5:20), we represent our leader, the Lord Jesus Christ, in a foreign land. We also are "... labourers together WITH God(emphasis mine-notice it does not say FOR God, but WITH God)-what an honour!

But this IS NOT JUDGMENT AS TO Salvation, but as to SERVICE. We will be judged as to how faithful, not successful, we are in fulfilling these responsibilities. We will be judged as to whether we truthfully COMMUNICATED the message of RECONCILLIATION to a predominately Christ-rejecting, lost world(this is what an ambassador does), not CONVICT the world. Success and conviction are the Holy Spirit's responsibility through the written word of God.

"...The same way you judged me is how God is going judge you on that great and terrific day"

I did no such thing. The word of God judges your false work-based method of acceptance before the LORD GOD, not I, which the apostle Paul refers to as a perversion of the gospel of Christ, another gospel, and is ACCURSED, and those who preach it are ACCURSED(Gal. 1:6-9, 2 Cor. 11:4). I will continue to "call anyone's hand" who does this.

Paul's gospel-"my gospel"(Romans 2:16, 16:25; 2 Tim. 2:8):

We are saved by the gospel of Christ Paul preached-1 Cor. 15:1-4

We are established by the "my gospel" Paul preached- Romans 16:25

We will be JUDGED by it-Romans 2:16

"...God is going judge you on that great and terrific day"

You obviously do not understand the finality of the cross. All my sins were judged already at Calvary 2000 years ago. You can bring no charges against me:

"Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth". Romans 8:33

The Lord God has already forgiven, redeemed, reconciled, justified, and SEALED me=done in the past and continues in the present="done deal". I merely wait now for until the redemption of my body. Paul said about the most "carnal"group of believers:

" And such WERE(emphasis mine)were some of you: but ye ARE(emphasis mine) washed, but ye ARE(emphasis mine) sanctified, but ye ARE(emphasis mine) justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" 1 Cor. 6:11.

ALL my sins past, present, future were forgiven: Eph. 1:7, 4:32; Col. 1:14, 2:13, 3:13.

Not only this, but I have been JUSTIFIED and thus have the righteousness of God "in Christ": Romans 3:22-:26, 4:5, 5:1, 5:9, 5:17-18, 8:30, 10:3; 1 Cor. 1:30, 6:11; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 2:16; Philippians 3:9

"...that great and terrific day"? If you mean the "Day of the Lord', I will not be here.

" The mercy that you extended me is the same mercy God is going to show or not show you on judgement day."/"I pray that God has mercy on you."

He ALREADY HAS! AND MORE!

Justice is getting what you deserve. Mercy is not getting what you deserve. Grace is getting something you do not deserve. Once again, you demonstrate your inability to understand THE FINALITY OF THE CROSS. The sin issue was dealt with completely 2000 years ago, when JUSTICE, MERCY, AND GRACE. were all put on public display"-the meaning of "...set forth...." in Romans 3:25. God has already accomplished JUSTICE by judging His only Begotten Son in my stead, and thus I received 1. MERCY=not getting what I deserved because the Lord Jesus Christ took my judgment by taking my place="FOR"=the principle of substitution and identification, and 2.GRACE=getting something I don't deserve=the righteousness of God in Christ through the principle of imputation..

Here is what all believers who are now "in Christ" have by the grace of God:

1.A believer is in the Eternal Plan of God, sharing the destiny of the Lord Jesus Christ. As such, the believer is:

1.Foreknown: Acts 2:23; Rom. 8:29

Elect: Rom. 8:33; Col. 3:12; 1 Thess. 1:4; Titus 1:1;

Predestined: Rom. 8:29,30; Eph. 1:5,11

Chosen in Christ: Eph. 1:4

Called: 1 Thess. 5:24

2. The believer is Reconciled:

By God, 2 Cor. 5:18; Col. 1:20

To God, Rom. 5:10; 2 Cor. 5:20; Eph. 2:14f.

3. The believer is Redeemed (purchased from the slave market of sin): Rom. 3:24; Col. 1:14; 1 Pet. 1:18; Eph. 1:7.

4. The believer is Removed from Condemnation: John 3:18; 5:24; Rom. 8:1.

5. The believer is under Grace and not under Judgment (doctrine of Propitiation): Rom. 3:24-28; 1 John 2:2.

6. The believer's sins are judged by the spiritual death of Christ on the Cross: Rom. 4:25; Eph. 1:7; 1 Pet. 2:24.

7. The believer is made dead to the old life and alive unto God. He is:

Crucified with Christ: Rom. 6:6; Gal. 2:20

Dead with Christ: Rom. 6:8; Col. 3:3; 1 Pet. 2:24

Buried with Christ: Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12

Risen with Christ: Rom. 6:4; Col. 3:1

8. The believer is free from the law: Rom. 6:14; 7:4,6; 2 Cor. 3:11; Gal. 3:25.

9. The believer is adopted (placed as an adult heir in the family of God): Rom. 8:15; 8:23; Eph. 1:5.

10. The believer is justified (declared righteous): Rom. 3:24; 5:1,9; 8:30; 1 Cor. 6:11; Titus 3:7...................................

11. The believer is regenerated (born spiritually into the family of God): 1 Cor. 6:11; Titus 3:5. In regeneration the believers are:

Adopted: Romans 8:15, Gal. 4:5, Eph. 1:5

Children of God: Gal. 3:26

Sons of God: 2 Cor. 6:18

New Creations: 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15; Eph. 2:10

12. The believer is made acceptable to God: Eph. 1:6; 1 Pet. 2:5. To make a believer acceptable to Himself, God sees to it that the believer is:

Made righteous: Rom. 3:22; 1 Cor. 1:30; 2 Cor. 5:21; Phil. 3:9

Sanctified positionally: 1 Cor. 1:30; 6:11

Perfected forever: Heb. 10:14

Made qualified: Col. 1:12

13. The believer is forgiven all trespasses: Eph. 1:7; 4:32; Col. 1:14; 2:13; 3:13

14. The believer is made nigh (heavenly citizenship based on Reconciliation): Eph. 2:13,19; Phil. 3:20

15. The believer is delivered from the kingdom of Satan: Col. 1:13; 2:15

16. The believer is transferred into God's Kingdom: Col. 1:13

17. The believer is placed on a secure foundation: 1 Cor. 3:11; 10:4; Eph. 2:20

18. The believer is a gift from God the Father to the Lord Jesus Christ: John 10:20; 17:2,6,9,11,12,24

19. The believer is delivered from the power of the Sin Nature; Rom. 2:29; Phil. 3:3; Col. 2:11

20. The believer is under the care of God as a chosen generation and a protected people: Tit. 2:14

21. The believer is given access to God: Rom. 5:2; Eph. 2:18; Heb. 4:14,16; 10:19,20

22. The believer is within the much more care of God; as such we are:

Objects of His love: Eph. 2:4; 5:2

Objects of His Grace: for salvation, Eph. 2:8,9; for keeping, Rom. 5:2; 1 Pet. 1:5; for service, John 17:18; Eph. 4:7; for instruction, Titus 2:12

Objects of His power: Eph. 1:19; Phil. 2:13

Objects of His faithfulness: Phil. 1:6; Heb. 13:5

Objects of His peace: John 14:27

Objects of His consolation: 2 Th. 2:16

Objects of His intercession: Rom. 8:34; 7:25; 9:24

23. The believer is part of Christ's inheritance: Eph. 1:18

24. The believer is a beneficiary of the inheritance from God (an heir of God and a joint-heir with the Lord Jesus Christ): Rom. 8:17; Eph. 1:14; Col. 3:24; Heb. 9:15; 1 Pet. 1:4

25. The believer has a new position in Christ: Eph. 2:6; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 1:9; 3:9; 2 Cor. 3:3,6; 5:20; 6:1,4

26. The believer is the recipient of eternal life: Romans 6:23

27. The believer is a member of the family of God: Gal. 6:10; Eph. 2:19

28. The believer is Light in the Lord: Eph. 5:8; 1 Thess. 5:4

29. The believer is united with the Father: 1 Thess. 1:1, cf. Eph. 4:6

He is united with Christ: Col. 1:27

A member of His Body: 1 Cor. 12:13

A Stone in the Building: Eph. 2:21,22

A Saint of the new species: 2 Cor. 5:17

He is united with the Holy Spirit Rom. 8:9; 8:29

30. The believer is the recipient of the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Born of the Spirit: John 3:6

Baptized by the Spirit: 1 Cor. 12:13

Indwelt by the Spirit: John 7:39; Rom. 5:5; 8:9; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; Gal. 4:6; 1 John 3:24

Sealed by the Spirit: 2 Cor. 1:22; Eph. 4:30

31. The believer is glorified in Christ: Rom. 3:20

32. The believer is made complete in Christ: Col. 2:10

33. The believer is the possessor of every spiritual blessing: Eph. 1:3

34. The believer is the recipient of a human spirit: Rom. 8:16; 1 Cor. 2:12; 2 Cor. 7:13; 1 Thess. 5:23; Eph. 2:5

35. The believer has access to all Bible truth through the Grace system for Bible understanding and Christian growth: Col. 2 and Eph. 4.

The list goes on. Quite a "401-K". And you cannot touch this 401-k the LORD has given me. You cannot take these away from me. You merely provided "your opinion" in your previous post, not an argument. I thank the God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ that your opinion and the truth are independent.

Thank you for wishing me "God bless", but HE ALREADY HAS-done deal:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ..." Eph. 1:3

In Christ,

John Whalen

In Christ,

John Whalen

Guest Called

I think ya'll (Whalen and Jedi) need to chill. I can't believe what I am reading. Are ya'll 5 years old or something? I have seen less judging and name calling at a beauty pageant (retract the claws)! :wub:

Just trying to lighten the mood, did it work? :rofl::):)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

I think ya'll (Whalen and Jedi) need to chill. I can't believe what I am reading. Are ya'll 5 years old or something? I have seen less judging and name calling at a beauty pageant (retract the claws)! :wub:

Just trying to lighten the mood, did it work? :rofl::):)

When did I judge anyone or call anyone names please show me....?