ForwardFromEden

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have noticed that in the last few years more and more people, especially media outlets refer to time as B.C.E. (Before the Common Era) and A.C.E. (After the Common Era). This confused me quite a bit since the calendars have not changed at all.

My question to those promoting such a method for dating occurrences was/is what event divided the two eras?

The answer of course is the birth of our Lord Jesus, The Christ.

My question about the question is why will they not admit the obvious? Are we as reasoning being to suppose that the date dividing the two eras is just happenstance? Somehow I don't think so, do you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My question about the question is why will they not admit the obvious? Are we as reasoning being to suppose that the date dividing the two eras is just happenstance? Somehow I don't think so, do you?

It's the same reason we have "Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" now instead of "Merry Christmas" and "Christmas Trees."

As for the birth of Christ, though, it is believed they got the year wrong. (I think 3 BC is the more conventional belief, but I'm not positive on that.)

And anyway, I believe they should have made the year of His death and resurrection as the starting point, because that's when everything changed. But that's a side thought, not related to your intention in posting.

But yes, it is sad at how secularists are so easily succeeding at removing all reference to Christ out of our society and culture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It seems to be one of those "little" things to appease secular/atheiest and even Jewish thoughts. To me it is a "big" thing and, not being very politically correct, I am going to write AD every time I write a date. Just my own little protest :whistling:

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I send the

Anti

Christian

Lawyers

Union

a Christmas card every day, from what I hear millions are doing so. I think it is great, because you know they are taking the time to open every letter to see if there is a check inside.

That is "my" little protest. Ok, so it is a bit on the evil side, I'm forgiven, not perfect.

God does work in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.