IGNORED

The Word of God

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Here are some really good statements I read concerning the Bible. The first is from an anonymous source, so I don't know who to credit it to. The second comes from a Pentecostal Preacher named Smith Wigglesworth. I thought they were both pretty good.

"The Holy Bible

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveller's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here, too, heaven is opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Jesus Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Owned, It is riches; studied, It is wisdom; trusted, It is salvation; loved, It is character; and obeyed, It is power."

"...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"The Word of God is supernatural in it's origin,

eternal in its duration,

inexpressible in its value,

infinite in its scope,

rengenerative in its power,

infallible in its authority,

universal in its interest,

peronsal in its application,

and inspired in its totality.

Read it through, write it down, pray it in, work it out, and pass it on."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

:cool:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Read it through, write it down, pray it in, work it out, and pass it on."

What are your thoughts on this verse?

Deu 17:14  When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me;

Deu 17:15  Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.

Deu 17:16  But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.

Deu 17:17  Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

Deu 17:18  And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: Deu 17:19  And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deu 17:20  That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

A king could just as easily have a scribe make him copies of God's word as we go to the book store and buy one. The Lord said the King could not do that. He had to make his own copy. It is not recorded that any did that.

Is that something we should do? What book would you do first?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

It's..."full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into out innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are." (Heb. 4:12, NLT)

Guest Called

Are you using that evil NLT version of the BIble again? HUH? Haven't I told you your gonna burn for using that translation? HUH? J/J LOL! :) :hug:

I may be slow! What do you mean whatsitmean? No pun intended! :)

The king was required by this passage to make his own copy of the book of the law. He had to personally, physically copy it word for word from the Priests copy. That was to become the copy that he would read all the days of his life.

It would be very easy for him to just order a scribe to make him a copy. Just like we buy one in a store, but here he is instructed to make it himself.

What I am asking is, should we actually make our own copy of the bible, or at least parts of it. I have considered doing this and also making my own recording of the Bible to listen to in the car and such.

Guest Called
What I am asking is, should we actually make our own copy of the bible, or at least parts of it. I have considered doing this and also making my own recording of the Bible to listen to in the car and such.

I guess I would see no point in doing that. I have about 15 copies of the Bible, I don't need to write my own.

That is correct. So why did God bother to put that in His law that the king had to do it, when he could fifiteen copies made by someone else?

It is something to think about.