• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. . . 1 Corin 13

Charity is the same thing as love? :whistling:

i think when we do charity more than a chore that God asks of us to do and more as a act of compassion to someone, charity becomes love; because you are showing love to that person out of what u have 2 give to meet thier needs and desire the best for them. We have to ask God to have a heart for other people, and a desire to serve; when we gain that attitude we will reep joy and substance in our lives.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

ἀγάπην, or agape, is the original word. The meaning is love. God speaks of a love that is of Him which now abides in us. This is the love spoken of, not worldly love. If we do not have His love, we are worthless.

Yes, but the point is that the word "love" in English can mean so many different things depending on context.

"I love my wife" is not the same as "I love pizza."

How about: "I'd love it if my wife, whom I love, would make the lovely kind of pizza that I love?"

I know I'm not actually adding anything to the conversation - but I jus cain't hep meself!