Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Holy Spirit through the prayed up Pastor can and will signal those in the congregation who are in tune with the Spirit and will direct the Pastor to the person chosen to pray. The beauty of this when directed by the Holy Spirit is that all are blessed and assured that God is moving on their behalf.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Would you agree that some folks are prayer warriors behind the scene rather than praying in public? Do people have to approach the Pastor to let him know they would rather not pray in public OR should the Pastor be led by the Holy Spirit before pointing to folk?

I think it's more a matter of shyness rather than anything spiritual.

I know prayer warriors that would have no problem leading a group or congregation in prayer.

As for the church, I would hope this wouldn't be the cause of people leaving. If it were me, I'd feel uncomfortable being called out (being introverted, not liking to speak), but I wouldn't have a problem with it in concept.

To say this was right or wrong really isn't something we can judge. After all, we don't know the pastor, nor the dynamics of the congregation, or what-have-you. Or even whom he chose to call on and why.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

ah ok that is different then

As a Pastor, do you think that style is somewhat confrontational? Perhaps it's best left for smaller groups as in home groups, Bible studies etc?

No I don't think it as confrontational, but I do believe a pastor should know his members. If he has a rapture with members, he should be aware of who can handle what in the ministry.

Happy thats not my pastor lol :).

Guest HIS girl

As a Pastor, do you think that style is somewhat confrontational? Perhaps it's best left for smaller groups as in home groups, Bible studies etc?

No I don't think it as confrontational, but I do believe a pastor should know his members. If he has a rapture with members, he should be aware of who can handle what in the ministry.

Also, to be aware not to call on the same members (there is pressure to "perform" so to speak). Newer members may want to pray but are not called.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Also, to be aware not to call on the same members (there is pressure to "perform" so to speak). Newer members may want to pray but are not called.

Newer members may get creeped out and all of the sudden not return as well!

I dont think this is a wise thing to do this in a service.. maybe a better way (instead of pointing) would be to ask the congregation if "anyone would like to lead us in prayer?" ..however him being the angel of the church should most of the time be the one praying.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Some of us feel uncomfortable about this method. Not allways easy to do.

Blessings

Guest HIS girl

'Blien'

Newer members may get creeped out and all of the sudden not return as well!

:emot-hug:

Well some would definitely feel terrified that they may be asked to pray on their first visit...lol.