wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

In Nigeria, christians routinely raid, slaughter, and pillage muslim villages.

Maybe I'm not good at figuring out what words to type for a search, but I can't find any articles that speak of Christians slaughtering Muslims.

Well...because its not about religion for the most part. You can find some of it in religious type searches...but really it comes to knowing the backdrop of what is really going on in Nigeria. They are more easily identified as ranchers or farmers, or where they are from Yelwe (in the Muslim North) or Dogo Nahawa (in the Christian South). Yes, they are seperated by their religion, almost all of northern Nigeria is Muslim...almost all of South Nigeria is Christian. If 600 people are slaughtered in Yelwe then you know it was 600 muslims who died... here. If 500 people die in Dogo Nahawa (as in the posted story) you know it was 500 Christians who died.

These clashes have been on-going for years and they are almost always a result of local issues...especially in the City of Jos, because it is in the middle of Nigeria. While it would be crazy to say that religion isn't a factor...because it is...it is more along the lines of retaliaition, oppression, and the attempt to get an upperhand in the gov't.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christians who kill are not real "christians"...peaceful muslims are not real "muslims."

Yeah, that about sums it up, correctly.

Yeah, I thought it spelled out the hypocrisy and bigotry of people pretty nicely.

Guest shiloh357
Christians who kill are not real "christians"...peaceful muslims are not real "muslims."

Yeah, that about sums it up, correctly.

Yeah, I thought it spelled out the hypocrisy and bigotry of people pretty nicely.

Hypocrisy is when you condemn in others what you justify in yourself.

See, when Christians murder, we don't claim them. We make every attempt to distance ourselves from them. We are the first to reject such people as real Christians

Muslims don't do that. They make excuses. When 9/11 occurred, the Muslims danced in the street (the moderate ones too) and said we deserved it for supporting Israel. They only denounce terrorism in front of western tv cameras when it is politically expedient. They say the opposite in Arabic to their own people.

There was no Muslim ouctry in 2000 when Muslims mudered 200 Christians in Nigeria over something a nonChristian said. There is no attempt by the Muslim community at large to destroy terrorism done in their name. In fact, they create charities to support the extremists. So in effect, there is no such thing as a peaceful Muslims.

Muslims don't do that.

You are a liar. Plain and simply...the biggest problem is when people with the freedom and opporunity to be honest on a subject, instead use the opportunity to advance an agenda. That goes for anybody of any religion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Maybe I'm not good at figuring out what words to type for a search, but I can't find any articles that speak of Christians slaughtering Muslims.

Well...because its not about religion for the most part. You can find some of it in religious type searches...but really it comes to knowing the backdrop of what is really going on in Nigeria. They are more easily identified as ranchers or farmers, or where they are from Yelwe (in the Muslim North) or Dogo Nahawa (in the Christian South). Yes, they are seperated by their religion, almost all of northern Nigeria is Muslim...almost all of South Nigeria is Christian. If 600 people are slaughtered in Yelwe then you know it was 600 muslims who died... here. If 500 people die in Dogo Nahawa (as in the posted story) you know it was 500 Christians who died.

These clashes have been on-going for years and they are almost always a result of local issues...especially in the City of Jos, because it is in the middle of Nigeria. While it would be crazy to say that religion isn't a factor...because it is...it is more along the lines of retaliaition, oppression, and the attempt to get an upperhand in the gov't.

Hmm . . . interesting. Sad. But interesting.

How is it that you know so much about this? Just curious.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

no they don't. whether people routinely do this or not, these people are not Christian. do you have some sort of documentation to back up what you are saying? :thumbsup:

Ohhhh...thats right, how could I forget. Christians who kill are not real "christians"...peaceful muslims are not real "muslims."

As far as documentation...its pretty much on the news every night, and easily found online. In fact, you could probably just get by with reading the posted article. Here I'll paste it:

Rights activists said the slaughter appeared to be revenge for the January attacks in which mainly Muslims were killed.

Locals said that the attacks on Sunday were the result of a feud which had been first ignited by a theft of cattle and then fuelled by deadly reprisals.

Like I said though...its not really about religion at all.

I don't see where it says Christians were the ones who are responsible for the killing. Did I just miss it?

Guest shiloh357
Muslims don't do that.

You are a liar. Plain and simply...the biggest problem is when people with the freedom and opporunity to be honest on a subject, instead use the opportunity to advance an agenda. That goes for anybody of any religion.

I am not lying at all. Muslims fail to address or denounce terrorism except when it is politically expedient and they can score points in front of western TV cameras. When they go back to their towns and villages, they say the opposite to their own people.

Christians do not make excuses for those who kill in God's Name. Rather, we distance ourselves from them. Like it or not, that is reality.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Christians do not make excuses for those who kill in God's Name. Rather, we distance ourselves from them. Like it or not, that is reality.

That is true now, but it has not always been so.

Guest shiloh357

That is true now, but it has not always been so.

True, but we are dealing with the here and now in this thread, and that is context of my remarks.

I am not lying at all. Muslims fail to address or denounce terrorism except when it is politically expedient and they can score points in front of western TV cameras. When they go back to their towns and villages, they say the opposite to their own people.

Geesh...you are horrible at this...lol. So you NOW admit that they actually DO address and denounce terrorism...because yesterday you said Muslims don't do that. Now you claim that THEY DO ...but they are lying. Make up your mind. Tell the truth...you've actually never been to one of these "towns or villages" and heard them say the opposite to their people have you? You just made that up..didn't you? Making stuff up off the top of your head and presenting it as truth...is a lie.