IGNORED

ezekiel's (ch 40) man w/ the measuring rod as Jesus?

drossfurnace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,353
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Father will never be seen in a form For He Is Spirit

John 4:23-24

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

NKJV

John 5:36-37

36 But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The Father will never be seen in a form For He Is Spirit.

Rev 4 speaks of radiances of colors no form so probably is the Father! Love Steven

not to ruffle any feathers but Rev 4 certainly seems to be describing a "form" that john saw:

rev 4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.

So there was surely at least SOME kind of appearance/form on the throne. and furthermore in rev 5:1 we have the One on the throne described as having a hand (a form).

1 And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.

But then we have Jesus, the lamb , being distinctly different from this form as Jesus TAKES the scroll from the hand of Him on the throne - they're apparently two different entities...

Rev 5:6 - And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.

and then we also have every creature in heaven distinctly (apparently) singing to TWO beings. the One on the throne, and the worthy Lamb who was slain....

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1960

Welcome

36 But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Doctrinal Questions

Edited by enoob57

Testimony of Scripture to what God said and then testimony of Scripture what men heard!

matthew 17

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.

knowledge puffs up but love builds up, right? so i dont wanna allow myself to get combative w/ knowledge or verse......... ive known myself to be a little loveless at times, to my shame...

if you're willing, we can work out way back through to ezekiel and learn some stuff together. But i dont see any way this part of the debate ( i guess thats what it is) can continue. Maybe im wrong. anyway, iron sharpens iron, man, and you definitely forced and challenged me to go search it out... so thank you, brother....

God bless,

Edited by drossfurnace

Testimony of Scripture to what God said and then testimony of Scripture what men heard!

matthew 17

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

6When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.

knowledge puffs up but love builds up, right? so i dont wanna allow myself to get combative w/ knowledge or verse......... ive known myself to be a little loveless at times, to my shame...

if you're willing, we can work out way back through to ezekiel and learn some stuff together. But i dont see any way this part of the debate ( i guess thats what it is) can continue. Maybe im wrong. anyway, iron sharpens iron, man, and you definitely forced and challenged me to go search it out... so thank you, brother....

God bless,

You are of excellent mind and heart and I too have been enriched by your comments! I look forward to your posts and fellowship. It is the seeking always for me, never anger or prove a point! I love God's Word especially when it shows me how inadequate I am to comprehend sometimes even the simplest of passages! I don't seek to much in prophecy but applicable truths in daily life is my prominent search and practice! I'm not to good with prophecy! Love Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

i guess, first, is the struggle with the identity of the "man with the measuring reed" from ezekiel 40. The boys in the soapbox debate seemed to agree upon the identity as Jesus, citing 43:6-7 as a primary proof (verse 7 talks about how this temple is spoken of by, according to them, Jesus (as the measuring man) referring to the temple as "MY throne" etc

The man with the measuring reed or line was an angel who was going to measure the temple in Ezekiel visions. Also at the same time it was pointing to the time in the future where the temple New Jerusalem would also be measured by an angel in the time of John being exiled to the isle of Patmos. Revelation 21:14-17 vs. 17 says, And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty four cubits, according to the measure, of a man, that is, of the angel.

The measurements the angel measured was of the city being 144 square miles of all four sides read further vs. 16...........

This was what the prophet Ezekiel was being shown for a future time when New Jerusalem would descend out of heaven in all of it's splender.

The man in Ezekiel was an angel also.