• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

So how many of the International Church of Christ cult have now joined our boards?

Usually they travel in pack of 10 to 15. I'm only counting 5 so far...did I miss some?

yod,

Hatefulness is unbecoming a Christian.

It is not hatefulness. It is called exposing wolves in sheeps' clothing. It is called truthfulness.

I've been working on that. :rolleyes:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

No one is saying you are saved because you visit the sick, or feed the hungry (or trying to obtain salvation by doing those things)... you are saved because you are obeying what God commanded you to do. If God told you to be baptized, you wouldn't be saved until you did it right? After that we are to live righteously, we are commanded to help others, not for us but because we love God and we want others to come to know and love God too.

There is no set number. You just go and do. If you can make people laugh then go and do it, bring laughter to others. If you have time to visit the sick or feed the hungry then when the opportunity comes take it. There is nowhere in the Bible it states that your good deeds counter your bad ones. When you ask forgiveness for the wrong you've done God forgives and then you go on your way to continue to do good.

And you are right "I will show you my faith by my works" but simply having it does not make one saved. Simply believing does not make one saved, you still have to obey.

One would have to throw out the entire book of Acts to get around this issue. One thing I have learned lately is that some are teaching that Paul had a different gospel than the other apostles. The idea makes absolutely no sense. They have divided Christ and His message. Some other far reaching ideas here that have little Biblical support are that "Jesus did it all" - meaning all sins are forgiven - no conditions. Another is that if a man or woman expends any effort whatsoever in being obedient to the gospel, he is a heretic legalist who nullifies grace.

Edited by eis

So how many of the International Church of Christ cult have now joined our boards?

Usually they travel in pack of 10 to 15. I'm only counting 5 so far...did I miss some?

yod, Hatefulness is unbecoming a Christian.

Ah!!!!

Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them,

When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned;

if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel;

therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. Ezekiel 33:2-7

Yes LORD! Yes!

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not,

seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. John 10:7-13

Yes!

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me,

it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6

Amen!

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:9-10

Amen LORD Jesus!

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Revelation 2:15

Amen!

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. Revelation 2:6

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear Believer Flee The Wolf

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. Acts 20:28-31

Jesus Is LORD, There Is No Other

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

And Jesus Is The Good Shepherd, There Is No Other

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14-15

Flee The Wolf Dear Ones, Flee To Jesus Alone

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,

and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

And Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart:

for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Be Very Blessed

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Love, Your Brother Joe

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say,

We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Fresno Joe you are like a Christian troll.

.... grace....

Who

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Who

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,

to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:22-31

God! That's Who

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

>>>>>()<<<<<

Turn

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

And Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Joe

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Fresno Joe you are like a Christian troll.

Bless You

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Jude 1:2

Dear One Who Do You Toil For?

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3-4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

International church of Christ is a cult? Never heard that one before

Here's a website you can browse through:

http://www.reveal.org/

It sure does sound like what eis has been pushing - emphasis on baptism and discipleship.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

BTW, I know of the Boston movement. No, I have not ever been one of them.

From what I read, there are three factions to the ICC.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

This thread is closed for review. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave