• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, I know this has been discussed and debated before, but I just read something that has some very interesting things to say. I'll post some clips because the article is long.

So many have asked the simple question: Why Passover?

In Exodus 12:3-14 we read,

Interesting Passover dates and facts (from the same report as above)

The Timetable of Passover

It

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1958

the only thing I rememer the Lord saying to "do this in rememberance of me", was the Lords supper. They broke bread together as they met in there homes and ate with glad and sincere hearts. Some think that a day is special when others treat everyday as special unto the Lord. So What ever we believe in our hearts to be right for US in honoring Christ, is received by God, because it comes from the heart.Bu most importantly, it comes by faith.

In Christ name

Mulling

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

hey thats great stuff. thanks for posting it. im gonna favorite the link/source you cited.

and for the other guy - the Lord's supper was actually the passover meal... you could probably argue when he says that everytime we break this bread and drink this cup he was referring to everytime we eat the passover meal we're to be reminded that it's him. im not gonna stick to my guns too hard on that, but it seems plausible on the fly.

Matt 26:17 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"

18He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

but I have a question. If Christ (and i know he's the paschal lamb) ATE the passover the night before he died - doesn't that mean the priests' sacrificial lambs were already slain in teh temple the day before Christ was actually killed? theyd already eaten the passover lambs, no? or passover was a several day feast, was it not??? i think im just a bit confused so if somebody could help me out ..

question 2: why break bread (He's the bread of life) but why break bread and say be reminded of Him instead of break the meat at the table (the lamb?).... i think im a bit confused on my passover tradition.............helpppppppp

but I have a question. If Christ (and i know he's the paschal lamb) ATE the passover the night before he died - doesn't that mean the priests' sacrificial lambs were already slain in teh temple the day before Christ was actually killed? theyd already eaten the passover lambs, no? or passover was a several day feast, was it not??? i think im just a bit confused so if somebody could help me out ..

The lamb sacrificed in the Temple was not the ones eaten by the individual families and groups.

]question 2: why break bread (He's the bread of life) but why break bread and say be reminded of Him instead of break the meat at the table (the lamb?).... i think im a bit confused on my passover tradition.............helpppppppp

Both the bread and the cup are from traditions that became a part of the Passover ceremony. I'll see if I have time tomorrow to give you this info, it someone else doesn't get to it first.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Excellent reminder at this time Neb... I get frustrated and disappointed at the indifference in many denominations to our Jewish heritage through the celebration of Passover and the determination to cling to church traditions rather than biblical truths...we miss out yet again.

I thought it was a good article, but I would point out one place where I would be at variance with the author:-

On the original Passover night, everything pointed to Jesus! Every father in Israel was told to stand at the door of his house with a basin containing the blood of the lamb. He was to dip a branch of hissop into the blood and smear the blood on the two doorposts of the house

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

How beautiful! Especially about God passing over the sin / chet...

Thanks for sharing Botz :laugh: and Neb :laugh: .

I thought it was a good article, but I would point out one place where I would be at variance with the author:-

On the original Passover night, everything pointed to Jesus! Every father in Israel was told to stand at the door of his house with a basin containing the blood of the lamb. He was to dip a branch of hissop into the blood and smear the blood on the two doorposts of the house

Now go back to the image or pattern that the blood makes, and there is a letter in the Hebrew alphabet called a 'chet' which not only happens to be the eight letter of the alphabet,

By the way - what is significant about it being the 8th letter?