~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Can we baptize ourselves? The reason I ask is that I was baptized as an infant and have been debating getting rebaptized. I'm skeptical about churches and would like to do it myself, if possible. Is that scriptural, or just plain absurd?

Personally , I consider the whole topic of water baptism today as being absurd . If there was a way to *undo* water baptism , I would do so .

However , to remain on topic , there are two ways to be water baptized by yourself . One is while taking a shower . Another is more like the Lord water baptizing you by going out while it is raining .

:rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Only one baptism - Greek, baptizo, to place under, immerse - is sufficient for twice-born believers. Why baptize oneself when God provides church pastors & church facilities? :rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

what???? :P

obviously you want to talk about it or you wouldn't have thrown this little stink bomb.

Care to explain this absurd remark? :emot-hug:

The "absurd" remark is a response to the question of "absurd" in the OP . Did you see the quote of the OP in my post ?

Guest man
Personally , I consider the whole topic of water baptism today as being absurd . If there was a way to *undo* water baptism , I would do so .

Why?

Why?

Because of all of the to-do regarding it . First , people argue over whether it is necessary for salvation . Then , those that agree on that argue over what type of water is used . If they agree on that , they argue over whether one is emersed or spritzed or something inbetween . If they agree on emersed , they will argue over how many dunkings are involved . Then , there are the arguments over whether they need another to preside over the thing ; over whether a religious leader is needed ; what is the proper incantation or the whole thing doesn't take ; and , I wouldn't doubt that there would be an argument over the minimum number of witnesses needed for it to be an official public showing .

So , I am sure that how I was water baptized will not be acceptable to a number of people - no matter how it was done .

If I could renounce it or somehow be un-water-baptized , I would be completely rid of the thing and disassociate myself from those that won't agree on this work of the flesh in the first place .

Edited by New_Wineskin

Guest man
If I could renounce it or somehow be un-water-baptized , I would be completely rid of the thing and disassociate myself from those that won't agree on this work of the flesh in the first place .

Perhaps you already have.

Mark 16

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.

15 And He said to them,

edited post - the person was had no intention of reading post

Edited by New_Wineskin

Guest man

Perhaps you already have.

Mark 16

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.

15 And He said to them,

edited - person had no intention of discussing the topic .

Edited by New_Wineskin

Guest man
I didn't call any "requirement" a work of the flesh . You truly don't know how to read .

You said baptism was a work of the flesh. Your words are there, go back and read them.