RebekahDavid

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I also admit to being a heating pad abuser, so is my mother, my husband and well half my family! Is there a support group? :whistling: Never had one blow up but now I will need to be on alert. Glad you are ok and thanks for the warning!

Blessings,

:noidea: i think one of their secret spies :whistling: is on our boards the fella that posted this:

:rolleyes:

"That's it I'm reporting you to AASPHPA! (American Association and Society for the Prevention of Heating Pad Abuse) "

:thumbsup::blink:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

:blink:

Blessings,

in all seriousness i did post this to warn other users and i am glad at least one other user and her family are aware. :emot-crying:

Rebekah David

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Yikes! Glad your okay! I've been electrocuted before, it was NOT fun. I had ointment and bandages around my hands for several weeks lol... Do you have a ABC fire extinguisher in your house Rebekah?

Blessings Blien,

nope. i was not sure about the electricity in the wall after that but asked a kindly old admin who shall remain nameless how to tell if it got past my surge protecter. i do not have any fire extinguishers in my home let alone an electrical one lol. :emot-crying:

maybe time to get one eh? :emot-crying:

Rebekah David

Yeah you should! Get an ABC one.. it covers regular fires, electric, and chemical fires too. Some of them come within kits at Home Depot where there is one for the kitchen and one for the rest of the house. Probably will never be used but it's good to have it handy just in case. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/20/1944

Blessings,

okay this is a warning to anyone who uses and abuses a heating pad -apparently they can short out and explode. which mine did while i was in chat last night.

that said i must admit that i probably crinkled the wires as i did sleep with it as well as use it when i sit down ( i used it for my back pain)RebekahDavid--Wrote-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm glad to here, you were not sitting on it where it explode. gord To God Be The Glory

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Blessings,

in all seriousness i did post this to warn other users and i am glad at least one other user and her family are aware. :noidea:

Rebekah David

Good grief, R-D ... I'm glad you were not seriously hurt! I used an old heating pad one time and went to sleep while laying on it... I had a blister the next morning on my back - too hot! I have a moist heat heating pad that turns off on it's own after about 15 minutes...

Guest eric paul

"but asked a kindly old admin who shall remain nameless "

Now I know you surely arent talking about me are ya???

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Blessings,

okay this is a warning to anyone who uses and abuses a heating pad -apparently they can short out and explode. :thumbsup: which mine did while i was in chat last night.

:thumbsup: that said i must admit that i probably crinkled the wires as i did sleep with it as well as use it when i sit down ( i used it for my back pain)

:rolleyes: acutally truth be told i have given myself a few nasty burns from it too in the past.

It was a tad scary for a while last night i thought i might have started an electrical fire which thankfully i did not. Nor did i electrocute myself when i unthinkingly unplugged the end that was still connected to the surge protector :thumbsup:

so i learned not to abuse a heating pad again and to thank the Lord for keeping me safe.

Rebekah David

Shocking most disturbingly shocking :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Thank you for the reminder RD...and gentle warning..... so glad the Lord kept you safe and Had his Hand upon you....love you sis in Jesus and miss you too.....its been awhile since I have seen you... :noidea:

Thank you for the reminder RD...and gentle warning..... so glad the Lord kept you safe and Had his Hand upon you....love you sis in Jesus and miss you too.....its been awhile since I have seen you... :noidea:

:ph34r: miss you too sis,

sorry friend things have been really really tough here so i have not been on yahoo much- hope to catch up with you soon :laugh: i wonder if it is possible to run out of tears before heaven amazing how they can be replenished over and over again. too bad they do not remove wrinkles :laugh:

Rebekah David

"but asked a kindly old admin who shall remain nameless "

Now I know you surely arent talking about me are ya???

:ph34r:

Blessings brother who shall,

:noidea:

surely