• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Whoops, somehow missed this yesterday.

Then by that logic, no one is responsible for their own sin. We can do anything and say the devil made me do it. What about individual accountability?

No, that's a misunderstanding.

I was demonically influenced to desire suicide. If I had not resisted the desire and gone through with it, I would still have been responsible for my actions, would I not?

Demons often work by screwing your perceptions - even your own feelings. I've had enough unpleasant experiences with them to figure this out. It saved my life once to realize what I was feeling was not me.

...which answer avoids the question of individual responsibility.

What part of, "If I had not resisted the desire and gone through with it, I would still have been responsible for my actions, would I not?" did you not read?

How do you know it was a demon rather than bad brain chemistry or the temporarily overwhelming weight of your circumstances? In the final analysis, no one, demon or otherwise, influences how we feel unless we choose to let them.

In one incident, I know it was a demon because I physically felt it leaving me. It felt like slime sliding off. And there was a night and day difference in how I felt.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

I know Paul's passion was on Christ and Christ alone- he stated it is better not to get married- I don't think that he was gay necessarily though he did hint at an internal struggle that he was having but never came out - gays who confine their life to celibacy remaining single are free to be used by God - married people have to deal with our spouse.

That is very insulting to us who are single to assume Paul's singleness had to do with being attracted to men.

Homosexuality is not some kind of disease that can be cured by a dose of good ole fire and brimstone.

No one is claiming "fire and brimstone" will cure homosexuality. It takes counseling and prayer.

Have you not heard of the testimonies of people who have been set free from homosexual desires?

It is a part of who you are a part of your DNA

As others stated, where is your proof/evidence for this?

- but people still make choices but God's love for us does not depend on our choices. Amazing grace.

Grace does not give us a license to sin.

Incest and rape are covered by Christ's summation of the law - loving our neighbor - homosexuality is not.

Homosexuality is against God Himself - the loving God part of the Law - as it lies against who He is as Creator and Father.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

SexuL immorality is a sin. Homosexuality is not. That is the difference.

So what is the difference between the two, besides the words? There is no gay gene and to say people are born that way is to blame God for sin and call Him a lier. :noidea:

Now that she is open and honest, although I believe God calls homosexuals to a life of celibacy- I think Paul himself struggled with this -

Wrong! To say "God calls homosexuals" is to mock God and make Him responsable for sin. The only thing God calls any of us to do is repent of our sin!

e

I agree. God doesn,t call homosexuals to be celebit because he doesn't create them. God calls homosexuals to turn from being homsexuals just like any other sinful life style. As long as a person considers themselves to be gay whether they be practising or not has not turned from being gay.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Jennifer Knapp should be vividly reminded about the Savior's very decisive declaration on the divine order of created humanness in Matthew 19:4-6 wherein He explicitly underscores the male-female, and husband-wife relationship which gives the big lie to homosexual shacking-up as any substitute arrangement concocted by rebellious individuals.

If Jennifer Knapp & her friends are intent on taking Holy Scripture seriously (as in Genesis 19:5; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Deut. 22:5; Romans 1:24-27; 1 Cor. 6:9,10; 1 Timothy 1:10; Jude 1:7; etc,), she'll quickly discover that the sin of homosexuality or lesbianism is definitely not an option open to born-again Christians who would love & obey Jesus Christ. The One True & Universal Church of Jesus Christ should be clearly involved in the holy task of calling deviants to leave the lesbian life-style in obedience to Jesus the Righteous One :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Regardless of what the bible says, if you are trapped in sin that violates it, you will try to justify your actions anyway you can. It is seems hard with ones who are gay. The bible is very specific. It is not a "grey" erea.

I know this may not help much, but I have known and talked with many more woman who have had encounters with the opposite sex. I dont know why this is, maybe because it is more acceptible for woman in this day an age.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

An American will obey the laws of the United States. A Russian will obey the laws of Russia. A born-again Christian will obey the declarations of the one true Savior of humankind. What's the next query?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Homosexuality is not some kind of disease

It's a sub disease of the greatest disease of all time, which is sin! Repenting of sin by putting there faith in Jesus is the only sure qure!

It is a part of who you are a part of your DNA

Wrong! No gay gene, just like no ape-man.

but people still make choices but God's love for us does not depend on our choices. Amazing grace.

His grace is AMAZING, BEYOUND HUMAN UNDERSTANDING, THATS A FACT! Gods love has been extended to all people by way of the cross. If a person dies without accepting His generous gift, how can one benefit from Gods love at that point? God? God is not responsable for the sin of man, man is responsable. Because God is a Just God, He will up hold the law on judgement day because He is a loving and just God!

Incest and rape are covered by Christ's summation of the law - loving our neighbor - homosexuality is not.

Sin is sin! And its offencive to God, so offencive that the sacrifice of His Son was the price. If we continue to live like we did, this peoves that we have no faith in Jesus. James tells us that faith without actions, is not faith at all. What you believe will always show up in what you say and do!

e

Though I do actually agree that she shouldn't be practicing (having sex) homosexuality, but being a lesbian is not a sin.

So, would it be okay for someone to be a thief if they never steal anything?

Or, would it be okay for someone to be a child molestor if they never molest any children?

:thumbsup::noidea::noidea:

Actually.....it's not a sin if you don't commit it. You can believe that you are gay, but if you don't engage in the sex act, you have not committed that sin. However....you still may have committed the sin of lust if you look at someone with lust.

As for Paul being gay.... many believe that Paul's thorn was being beaten everywhere that he went, and God's being sufficient was Him healing Paul instantly after the beatings were over. There is no biblical proof of this of course. But at least it is not as asinine as insinuating that Paul was gay.

Right! :emot-hug:

Now, as for the issue of ms Knapp,

It is sad on many levels. one, she has a sound that the "world" can and has enjoyed. Two, she is a gifted artist. Three, and most of all, she has publicly put Christ back on the cross. Can she be restored? absolutely! Her sin is not unforgivable. However, this brings up a common topic on these boards, which is, osas or was she saved and has now returned to her vomit?....Maybe we should refrain from that judgemnet. Pray for her that she will come back to the Lord before its to late.

e