IGNORED

K Rudd is Obama's political match...

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

JOHN HOWARD was George W. Bush's "Man of Steel", and now Barack Obama has anointed Kevin Rudd as "smart but humble".

Asked if there was a "meeting of minds" between him and Mr Rudd, the US President responded that there was.

"You know, Kevin is somebody who I probably share as much of a world view as any world leader out there, I find him smart, but humble," Mr Obama said in an interview tonight with the ABC's 7.30 Report, in which he also confirmed he would visit Australia in June.

"He works wonderfully well in multilateral settings. He's always constructive, incisive.

"And, you know, I think he is, like me, a pragmatic person," Mr Obama said from the White House.

"I think he comes to the job wanting to provide better opportunities not just for this generation but for the next.

nterview....

"I think, you know, he's somebody who isn't an academic, or just thinking about abstract ideas.

"I think he's constantly thinking in very practical terms about how to get something done."

Mr Obama, who was forced to postpone his March visit to Canberra to remain in Washington to usher through vital health reforms, said he expects to spend at least a couple of days in Australia.

He said his wife Michelle and their daughters Sasha and Malia could visit Sydney and Canberra during their stay.

Mr Obama said he had wonderful memories of visiting Australia as a child.

"I used to travel through Australia when my mother was living in Indonesia and my grandparents were living in Hawaii.

"We'd usually go through Sydney and memories I have not only of it being a beautiful country but of people being just wonderfully hospitable and kind to me are ones that I carry with me."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/politics/k...f-1225854268424

Rudd not an academic??

He was Dux of his high school - he's fluent in Chinese......whether you are a Rudd fan or not, he is very academic minded...sorry Obama - do your homework....

Guest HIS girl
JOHN HOWARD was George W. Bush's "Man of Steel", and now Barack Obama has anointed Kevin Rudd as "smart but humble".
Asked if there was a "meeting of minds" between him and Mr Rudd, the US President responded that there was.

"You know, Kevin is somebody who I probably share as much of a world view as any world leader out there, I find him smart, but humble," Mr Obama said in an interview tonight with the ABC's 7.30 Report, in which he also confirmed he would visit Australia in June.

"He works wonderfully well in multilateral settings. He's always constructive, incisive.

"And, you know, I think he is, like me, a pragmatic person," Mr Obama said from the White House.

"I think he comes to the job wanting to provide better opportunities not just for this generation but for the next.

nterview....

"I think, you know, he's somebody who isn't an academic, or just thinking about abstract ideas.

"I think he's constantly thinking in very practical terms about how to get something done."

Mr Obama, who was forced to postpone his March visit to Canberra to remain in Washington to usher through vital health reforms, said he expects to spend at least a couple of days in Australia.

He said his wife Michelle and their daughters Sasha and Malia could visit Sydney and Canberra during their stay.

Mr Obama said he had wonderful memories of visiting Australia as a child.

"I used to travel through Australia when my mother was living in Indonesia and my grandparents were living in Hawaii.

"We'd usually go through Sydney and memories I have not only of it being a beautiful country but of people being just wonderfully hospitable and kind to me are ones that I carry with me."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/politics/k...f-1225854268424

Rudd not an academic??

He was Dux of his high school - he's fluent in Chinese......whether you are a Rudd fan or not, he is very academic minded...sorry Obama - do your homework....

Hg.. Obama meant Kevie is "not just an academic".

Or that is how i perceive it.Kevie is definitely an academic. At lip service as well . :(

I HOPE that's what Obama meant!!! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I can sure think of worse people to be associated with than Kevin Rudd. By most of the western world's standards, Rudd is a conservative. :wub:

Guest HIS girl
I can sure think of worse people to be associated with than Kevin Rudd. By most of the western world's standards, Rudd is a conservative. :)

That's true MG - I wouldn't say they are "buddy buds" - different to W Bush and Johnny Howard, they seemed to genuinely like each other.....