e lansing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The argument of the original poster is not well thought out. So what if Fidel Castro and Hitler were atheists? Did their beliefs guide their actions? No. Out of all my years of studying history, I have not read anywhere of these people committing their actions for the 'Glory of Atheism'. Sure, they were bad people. Bad people who happened to be atheists.

In comparison, lets look at the bombers of 9/11. Their beliefs informed and encouraged their actions (although, their beliefs were certainly not mainstream muslim). They bombed the twin towers for the 'Glory of Allah'.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

The argument of the original poster is not well thought out. So what if Fidel Castro and Hitler were atheists? Did their beliefs guide their actions? No. Out of all my years of studying history, I have not read anywhere of these people committing their actions for the 'Glory of Atheism'. Sure, they were bad people. Bad people who happened to be atheists.

In comparison, lets look at the bombers of 9/11. Their beliefs informed and encouraged their actions (although, their beliefs were certainly not mainstream muslim). They bombed the twin towers for the 'Glory of Allah'.

maybe your right that it was not well thought of but the post was about the action of those who do not believe in God, not how some twist what Gods will is for people. People that do not believe in God tend to be evil leaders. You think that their atheism has no effect on their choices, I disagree. People like hitler and others have no regard for human life or human rights. Does this mean that peopel who have faith in God do not commit evil, they do, but the majority of evil leaders are atheist and canot think of any good that has come out of being an atheist.

Not sure if this has been discussed, I'm sure it may have, 26 pages to look through , yikes! So I thought I would just ask. What good has come from the belief system of Atheism? I think of Lenin, Stallin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Mihn, Kim Il Sung, Mikhal Gorbachev, Fidel Castro. I am sure there are others, but I can not seem to think of anything good these have done for humanity.

Ben franklin, thomas jefferson, albert Einstein?

Also atheists have no dogma nor do they have a doctrine. So judging atheism based on the actions of a few would be like judging Christians based on every rapist, murderer, serial killer, tyrant, and dictator that was a christian

What about Ben, Thomas, and Albert? These are NOT atheist! I would consider them agnostic, but not atheist. Im not saying that if your are an atheist your are evil, Im just asking what is the positive side of not believeing in God, thats all. :)

e

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

People that do not believe in God tend to be evil leaders.

Im not saying that if your are an atheist your are evil, ...

:24::21:

I guess, in your perspective, I am an evil leader! Fear me..... :laugh: (sarcasm).

Thank you for sharing your unique christian perspective. I will register this as part of the data I am collecting.

Regards,

UF

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I guess, in your perspective, I am an evil leader! Fear me..... :laugh: (sarcasm).

Thank you for sharing your unique christian perspective. I will register this as part of the data I am collecting.

Regards,

UF

Huh? :huh:

Regards,

UF

Huh? :huh:

Candice,

I collect snippets of christian behavior and compare them to christian beliefs. ;)

Regards,

UF

Regards,

UF

So your a leader of what? Of a nation? Of a club? Diswashing association? :blink:

e

sorry....double posted.

Edited by UndecidedFrog

Regards,

UF

So your a leader of what? Of a nation? Of a club? Diswashing association? :blink:

e

e, it's your quote. You can tell us what you mean better than I can. :laugh:

Regards,

UF

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this has been discussed, I'm sure it may have, 26 pages to look through , yikes! So I thought I would just ask. What good has come from the belief system of Atheism? I think of Lenin, Stallin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Mihn, Kim Il Sung, Mikhal Gorbachev, Fidel Castro. I am sure there are others, but I can not seem to think of anything good these have done for humanity.

Honestly, I think the belief system of Atheists spend about 0.000001% of their time God bashing. The rest of their time are spent living productive/or exploiting lives like the rest of us and probably promote good thoughts and idea or for the betterment of the world like any rational people. Atheism doesn't equal handicap.