• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Idied

This is true that Jesus was and is righteous, but jesus did not come to show us the way, he is the way, you may ask what is the difference, Jesus took our unrighteousness and gave us his righteousness, when he paid our sin debt, he removed our sins from us as far as east is from west, this picture of our sins being removed from us reveals that we are made righteous, not that we can achieve righteous, he saved those who believe on him, he fully paid our debt, we would be utterly lost without his sacrifice, to recieve Jesus as saviour you must first realize that you are a sinner, that your sins will send you to the lake of fire forever, and when you relize this hopelessness, than you can call out to the Lord, and he will hear you, then accept his free gift, all of your sins have been paid for, but you need to accept his gift to recieve it, ask and you shall recieve, Jesus did not come to show us how to get to heaven through our own means, in fact our good works are as filthy rags before him, that is why the Pharisees were unable to achive heven because they sought it through there own righteousness, the verse that reads; "not by works of righteousness which we have done", clearly defines salvation is not by our works, or abilities: "but according to his mercy he saved us" only believers can recieve the Holy Spirit, and be one with Him, and you cannot be saved unless Jesus has fully paid you debt, you cannot add anything to it, once you are saved, your good works will account for rewards in heaven, and you evil works will be burned, Grace means unmerited favour, meaning you do not merit it or deserve it, He is the Way, but only through faith in him, who he is, what he did ( the cross) and what he does, make intecession for us,I hope you understand that we cannot drink from the cup that he drank of, if we paid our own sin debt we would be eternally seperated from the Lord

Guest idied2
Jesus took our unrighteousness and gave us his righteousness,

If you are still living in your unrighteousness. He took nothing. If you are not living Like HIM. He gave you nothing.

Matthew 7

23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:

27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

So where did this delusion that you can do as you please and claim you are CHRIST'S come from?

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member

Idied2:

If you look at the second part of : 1John 2:1 it reads that if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father, that is Jesus pleads our case.

1 John|2:1 My little children, these things write I unto

you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate

with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, but the good news is in 1John 1:9 if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, as far as receiving his righteousness we are not fully redeemed until the flesh is redeemed, when we receive our resurrected bodies.

1 John|1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive

ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John|1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just

to forgive us

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

:il: o.k....back to John 4:1...The word of God says,"Beloved (I love the way he addresses the Church as beloved) ...Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they be of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1John4:2-3...By this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit that confessed Jesus has come in the flesh is of God, but every spirit that does not confess Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and is the spirit of anti-christ, which you have heard was coming and is even now already in the world.

THEN HE GOES ON TO SAY...1John 4:5-6...they are of the world, therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; but he who is not of God does not hear us. BY THIS WE KNOW THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH AND ERROR.

1John 4:7-8, 10-11,...Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; everyone that loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. IN THIS IS LOVE, NOT THAT WE LOVED GOD, BUT THAT HE LOVED US AND SENT HIS SON TO BE THE PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS.

BELOVED, IF GOD SO LOVED US, WE AUGHT ALSO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

1JOHN 4:15-16...Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love God has for us. God is love, and HE WHO ABIDES IN LOVE, ABIDES IN HIM.

1John 4:20-21....If someone says I love God and hates his brother he is a liar...and this commandment we have from Him, that he who loves God must love his brother also.

I like what Matthew Henry has to say in his commentary on 1John 4:1-3

(He calls the disciples to caution and scrutiny to the spirits that had now risen...cautioned them not to follow every pretender to the Spirit of God. There had been real communications from the divine Spirit and therefore others pretended thereto...these were tried by their doctrine, "He who professes and preaches Jesus Christ does it by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God dwells in you and the Spirit is more might than men or devils! The Spirit of God has FRAMED YOUR MIND FOR GOD AND HEAVEN. ...But they are of the world, therefore they speak of the world...but he who knows the purity and holiness of God, the love and grace of God, must know He is in us and He will attend to us and abide with us. He that is not of God hears us not, THUS WE HAVE THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE TWO. THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IS KNOWN BY LOVE...CHRISTIAN LOVE IS THE ASSURANCE OF THE DIVINE INHABITATION...faith is perfected by its works and love is perfected by its operations...we know these things because He has given us His Spirit.)

Matthew 5:48...therefore, be ye perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Ephesians 5:1-3, 8-10, 12,14...therefore be followers of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering for a sweet smelling aroma...BUT fornication and ALL uncleanness and covetousness, let it not EVEN BE NAMED among you as fitting for saints. For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth, proving what is acceptable to the Lord...for it is shameful to EVEN SPEAK OF THOSE THINGS done by them in secret...

"Awake you who sleep.

Arise from the dead

And Christ will give you light."

In conclusion, if we obey the Lord and act in love when we think we are scrutinizing someone in the body, those who are doing the Lord's work, those whom He trusts to reach millions for Christ, we will use the mirror of His word when discerning the spirits...examining our own hearts first to make sure we are not just trying to take a splinter out of a brothers eye when we have these huge logs in our own. We shall know them by their fruits...love.

:il:(I say this because there are so many men and women of God under fire these days that should not be. We all need to be accountable to someone, but not constantly torn down by the family we are born into by the blood of Jesus. The secular media does a good enough job of that)

:il: :hug: :il:

Jesusaves:

What I am hearing you say is that I am being overly critical of someone who believes in Christ, but you speak of testing the spirits, discerning the spirits, and discerning the message that is being put forth, how can you test the spirits if you don

Please forgive me if you thought I was directing my post specifically toward you. I was not. I had been reading some posts on the Prophecy board, plus have heard many Christians being overly critical of the Body of Christ that is in the Television spotlight a lot. To make such statements like calling brothers and sisters false prophets, those who have clearly shown themselves approved by their unfeigned love, faithfulness and anointing, those who clearly profess Jesus Christ as Lord and live it, is a shame. The Bible verses I gave show us how to determine if someone is a phoney or not.

:rolleyes: :hug: :il:

It looks like I need to be forgiven, I apologize for jumping to a false conclusion, I assumed because the post followed my responce, that it was in responce, as far as television evangelists the only one I watch is Charles Stanley, I've watched a couple others a few times, so I guess I can not respond to this issue.