jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

post has been deleted by me because it is not worth arguing over.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I've never had this happen to me before, however I did visit a church once where our group was asked not to close our eyes during prayer. I've never forgotten that! I was young (early teens) and never really thought to ask why, I guess. I've always wondered about it, though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

LOL

When I started at this new church, I didn't realise how their prayer worked either. Turns out each person puts out one request and you go around in a circle praying for the person on one side of you.

The people who had been there for years just did it without realising.

I just prayed for whatever I felt like... until I realised. :blink:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Has this ever happened to you...I was in a group and someone took prayer requests then asked me to lead in prayer. Gladly I began to pray for all the needs mentioned...after I said amen, I realized everyone had been listening to me pray instead of joining me in prayer. After everyone got up to go home someone said to me how they really enjoyed my prayer??? I spent most of the entire hour there silently praying for the people there because I simply did not get people listening to me pray instead of agreeing together for the needs of others. ???????????????????

Ohhh boy... the weirdest one that ever happened to me was when I asked someone to pray together over a church we are attending. So we held hands and she started praying. I listened to everything she said and kept saying "Amen" every few statements. Then when it came to my turn, I was praying (not saying anything evil or anything) then she suddenly started speaking in tounges.... I'm all for speaking in tounges but that was just rude. I was paying attention and saying amen to what she did so why did she start praying right in the middle of my prayer? I had to pause for a minute because I was so shocked with what happened... and just continued but I felt as if we accomplished nothing. It was really sad (for me).

Guest LadyC

blien, do you understand what speaking in tongues actually is? unless the person who is speaking in tongues is just babbling nonsensically so that people will think they're some holy person, that is the Holy Spirit speaking through them. interceding through a prayer language that is unknown to the person whose mouth it's coming out of.

why is it rude to be a vessel for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in agreement with one's prayers, and not rude for a person to utter "amen" throughout another's? is the Holy Spirit not welcome in the prayer circle?

blien, do you understand what speaking in tongues actually is? unless the person who is speaking in tongues is just babbling nonsensically so that people will think they're some holy person, that is the Holy Spirit speaking through them. interceding through a prayer language that is unknown to the person whose mouth it's coming out of.

why is it rude to be a vessel for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in agreement with one's prayers, and not rude for a person to utter "amen" throughout another's? is the Holy Spirit not welcome in the prayer circle?

Why did you say that?

Guest LadyC

did you read my entire post? do you understand what praying in tongues is? YOU are the one saying the woman was rude for being a vessel for the Holy Spirit.

Yes I did read your whole post but I really don't appreciate the manner in which you started pointing a finger at me with your demeanor saying "do you understand?"... what am I a little kid?

Yes I do know its the Holy Spirit. I don't speak in tongues so I don't now if it just comes out of a man or woman and they can't wait. So perhaps you can answer that question for me? Do you speak in tounges? Enlighten us all with your wisdom since you know so much.

Guest LadyC

i wasn't trying to use a tone, and apologize that it came across that way. i really wanted to know if you understood. because a lot of people DON'T understand. that's why i asked. and since you felt it was rude, it did appear that you don't fully understand. and :rolleyes: since you just suggested that maybe i could explain whether it's coming out of the man or out of the Spirit, it appears i was right to ask.

no, i don't speak in tongues. years ago, i felt pressured to do so by the group i was hanging with, so i started babbling nonsensically to impress them. i hated doing it, and finally just quit. i have been blessed with gifts of the spirit, but THAT is not one of them.

however, i do know that when a person is actually speaking in tongues and not just babbling for show, that it's the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, not the outpouring of some person's yackity-yack. my best friend told me about the first time she ever prayed in tongues... she described it as being something that almost frightened her (in an awe sort of way), it was so overwhelming. she couldn't stop from opening her mouth and letting it pour out of her.

blien, the Holy Spirit was in such agreement with your prayer that He made an appearance! you should feel blessed, not offended.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

LOL

When I started at this new church, I didn't realise how their prayer worked either. Turns out each person puts out one request and you go around in a circle praying for the person on one side of you.

The people who had been there for years just did it without realising.

I just prayed for whatever I felt like... until I realised. :rolleyes:

It's a wonder they did not x-communicate you :thumbsup: