~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I have a NKJV Audio Bible now (wooot!) and it's OK so far.

Minor points:

The speaking pace is a little too fast for me... I am used to reading slowly and dwelling on it so that I understand what is happening. I feel like the words come at me so fast that I sometimes miss the point and have to re-listen two or three times to "get it".

I am also a little uncomfortable with the way it puts emphasis and inflections into certain words that are said [this particular audio bible is really quite dramatic]. I realise this is supposed to help the listener to understand, but to me it adds emphasis and I would rather the text provide the emphasis [i hope this makes sense, and it's only a minor point].

I was also taken a little aback by the thought of hearing Jesus' voice. Of course this is just an actor saying His words, but one day we are going to hear His voice directly :rolleyes: .

Apart from these little points, I've really been enjoying "hearing" the word rather than reading it. It has a lovely life to it.

Have you used an audio bible much, and if so, how did you like it?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I totally love mine... you should have listened to it. It really comes to life! (Trying not to say "I told you so" LOL). Billy Graham recommends the one I listen to if that means anything to you.

http://www.bibleonradio.com/ listen to today's reading on the website.....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I totally love mine... you should have listened to it. It really comes to life! (Trying not to say "I told you so" LOL). Billy Graham recommends the one I listen to if that means anything to you.

http://www.bibleonradio.com/ listen to today's reading on the website.....

Oh, I love Tom Dooley's reading of Scripture!

I have his Spiritual Journeys CDs - a collection of Scripture set to nature themed background noise and music.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I got a dramatized NT. I would have liked it had they had a different actor to read Jesus' part. The voice is way too mellow.

Apart from these little points, I've really been enjoying "hearing" the word rather than reading it. It has a lovely life to it.

Try reading along as you listen.

I get to listen to music at work as long as it's with headphones. I have the bible on CD and I listen to it every once in awhile. At times it can be a distraction because I'm always pausing to take notes.

Guest LadyC

i'm not sure where mine is anymore... when i was driving to california all the time during my daughter's pregnancy, i would listen to the audio-bible in the car. it was awesome! i got mine free from "firefighters for Christ" ministries (they will send it free to anyone who emails a request). it's on dvd, so if you're at your computer, you can read while listening.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I actually have two versions: NLT with dramatization read by Stephen Johnston and NASB MP3 audio bible read by Dale McConachie.

I prefer the NASB because the NLT with dramatization has music in it which distracts from the scripture being read. I like the dramatization but the music needs to be softer. Here is a sample of what it sounds like. This is the DVD version though: http://www.christianbook.com/nlt-signature-edition-bible-on/9781603620499/pd/620499

I like listening to scripture while I follow along in my bible. I especially like it when I have problems pronouncing some of the names and places in the bible. They are a stumbling block to me when I read aloud myself. I lose my concentration because of it. With the audio bibles this doesn't happen. I can absorb it more clearly this way.

:th_praying: JIME :blink:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I get to listen to music at work as long as it's with headphones. I have the bible on CD and I listen to it every once in awhile. At times it can be a distraction because I'm always pausing to take notes.

LOL, so true... remember to put your car on autopilot. If you take public transit though, this is okay... :th_praying:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have never been able to get into audio books of any kind