IGNORED

Is it truly possible to love others as we love ourselves?

Gideons300

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

...Anyway, I am very sensitive to hurting people, and I am sure...as some have told me...that there are others that are too...and they do not post as often as they would like because of the response they may get from some...so, should we only cater to the tougher? :blink:...

Ah Shucks Dear Sister

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. Proverbs 27:6

It Doesn't Hurt All That Much

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Especially When We Point Each Other To Jesus!

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Love, Your Brother Joe

You always seem to say what I am unable to convey as eloquently or as well. Thank you Joe and God Bless!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

...Anyway, I am very sensitive to hurting people, and I am sure...as some have told me...that there are others that are too...and they do not post as often as they would like because of the response they may get from some...so, should we only cater to the tougher? :blink:...

Ah Shucks Dear Sister

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. Proverbs 27:6

It Doesn't Hurt All That Much

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Especially When We Point Each Other To Jesus!

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

>>>>>()<<<<<

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Love, Your Brother Joe

You always seem to say what I am unable to convey as eloquently or as well. Thank you Joe and God Bless!! :thumbsup:

I know that forums are kinda a new invention...or at least like this. I remember back in the late 90's being in Christian chat.....I just kinda think that it can also be a great place to let the carnal nature rip, ya know? I am praying tho, that it could be a place (or a good portion) where we really practice patience, kindness and the other fruits of the Holy Spirit, since the world looks on....instead of a place of debate and argument, which is so easy for the carnal nature to do....but I guess I'm dreamin'. :D Nite!

God's Grace exemplified is the Gospel. :horse:

In that respect I grasp the Truth of Gods Grace. However, having not been fully Sanctified, I don't think that any of us this side of heaven can speak with complete authority on the subject outside of the Word of God and that is the point of contention and discussion. :rolleyes:

Peace,

dave

Thanks for answering! :laugh: I believe, for one thing, that we do not have the full understanding of scripture...no one does....as it is not like a novel that is easy to understand...and that I could read it 1000 times and get something new out of it everytime. I also believe that even after understanding context, biblical critisizm, exegesis and other historical considerations, that there is still more layers to peel. Then even after that I believe that there are "hidden secrets" that can only be understood Spiritually...as Jesus talked about when He was explaining why he spoke in parables...so (spiritual) things of the Kingdom could not be evident to just anyone. (also 1 Cor. 2:10-11, Is. 45:2-3) This is called, in my day, the "rhema" word. This is probably where we differ? Yes? I do however, believe that God's "secrets" would always be inline with His word and Who He is...meaning they would not stray. Nothing God would ever reveal to me would point me away from Jesus ever....they would always point me towards Jesus the Christ (This is where feelings do not play a big part)...in fact, they would always reveal more of Jesus and how He and His grace is specifically working in my life. I was saved at the tail end of the Jesus movement...and we were taught about and experienced the Holy Spirit in wonderful ways...and I am not talking about swinging from the chandaliers...or the emotional stuff...it was a very Spiritual time.

Some I gather may think that if you get into the spiritual realm...into a place one can't see...into a place where evil spirits also live....that it is a dangerous place to dabble in. However, for instance, we were taught that #1 God would not give us a snake when we ask for fish, or a scorpion if we ask for an egg....so, essentially, He would never give us something hurtful when asking HIM for something Spiritual (fruit, gift, insight). #2 Therefore, if someone's heart intent is to have/experience more of our living God, then God will do it...and the only way one would stray and listen to an evil spirit is if one wanted to. #3 So, this is the 'type' of faith we were taught to have. We were taught that the only ones who would be decieved, would be those who wanted to be decieved...since God would never tempt anyone to stray or give anything that was not good.

We were taught that "for lack of knowledge my people perish", so we were not ignorant of the very important basics of salvation, grace, faith, the Holy Spirit and all the essentials....and we were immersed in learning about the Character and Nature of God, Bible history and..as well as how the O&NT's relate to one another and as well as about the basics of what cults believe and how they see God.

Times have changed indeed...:)

Edited by missjenny

....Times have changed indeed...:)....

Ah!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Yes?

I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments. Psalms 119:131

>>>>>()<<<<<

Holy Spirit Of The Living God Fall Afresh On Me

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

>>>>>()<<<<<

A Love Affair

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

With Food From Heaven

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

The BIBLE contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

It's doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is it's grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God it's end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgement, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From the front of my Gideon Bible

Maybe This Will Help

Maybe Not

Love, Your Brother Joe

....Times have changed indeed...:noidea:....

Ah!

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Yes?

I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments. Psalms 119:131

>>>>>()<<<<<

Holy Spirit Of The Living God Fall Afresh On Me

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

>>>>>()<<<<<

A Love Affair

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

With Food From Heaven

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

The BIBLE contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

It's doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is it's grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God it's end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgement, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From the front of my Gideon Bible

Maybe This Will Help

Maybe Not

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thank you Joe!! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Times have changed indeed... :emot-hug:

Would you be surprised if I stated that I agree with most of what you've said?

Except that last point of order. :noidea:

Allow me to be blunt for a moment and express something.

Perhaps you have come here looking for division and have found it? Perhaps you have come here looking for offense and have found it. ;)

I think that if you would spend some time fellowshipping here you might find that folks hold dear the same things that you do. However, you would also find that there are some brethren here with some really deep understanding and knowledge of Scripture. You might even learn something.

The fact remains that if anyone thinks he knows something he knows nothing even as he ought.

1Co

Grace to you,

Times have changed indeed... :whistling:

Except that last point of order. :blink:

Perhaps you have come here looking for division and have found it? Perhaps you have come here looking for offense and have found it. :)

I think that if you would spend some time fellowshipping here you might find that folks hold dear the same things that you do. However, you would also find that there are some brethren here with some really deep understanding and knowledge of Scripture. You might even learn something.

The fact remains that if anyone thinks he knows something he knows nothing even as he ought.

1Co

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think anyone here - especially moderators, try to "push" newbies out or do anything but offer guidance and support. This forum is full of people who are outspoken and have many different viewpoints - you are free to accept them, debate and question them in a respectful manner or ignore them. You have said several times that you've been critiqued without having been given a chance to explain or defend - I have read through your posts and I personally have not seen that.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Times have changed indeed... :blink:

Except that last point of order. :)

Perhaps you have come here looking for division and have found it? Perhaps you have come here looking for offense and have found it. :)

1Co

Grace to you,

Times have changed indeed... :)

Except that last point of order. :33:

Perhaps you have come here looking for division and have found it? Perhaps you have come here looking for offense and have found it. ;)

1Co