IGNORED

Set Your Mind on the Things Above...

Ovedya

Guest citymouse78

I am a new christian and i was wondering if God lets babies that die early go to hell? They know nothing, but what about someone who wasn't brought up God yet did the right thing, and died so young and innocent? What happens then? Can someone please help me? :emot-hug:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am a new christian and i was wondering if God lets babies that die early go to hell? They know nothing, but what about someone who wasn't brought up God yet did the right thing, and died so young and innocent? What happens then? Can someone please help me? :thumbsup:

I think they go to heaven... Particularly if they have no knowledge of God and so forth... I think ultimatly we have to put our lives and the lives of others into the hands of our loving Father...

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Set your mind on the things above.

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth. Many things seek to occupy a believer

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm a brand new member and this is the first post that I have read. Thank you...it is all so true.

• 2 months later...
Guest Kathyjoyful2day

True - when we set our minds on things above the trials of this life pass by more quickly.

Or at least it seems to be that way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I once heard that "God is not the author of confusion but of peace", When we fill our minds with God's Word and godly books, magazines we leave no room for the enemy's propaganda.

Every sin begins as a thought in the mind. A big part of standing against the enemy of our souls is taking control over our minds. I was always taught when I was younger that any garbage that goes in your mind is hard to get out, which is very true.

If you read Romans 12:2 ...Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

• 6 months later...
Guest Sister Virginia
Set your mind on the things above.

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth. Many things seek to occupy a believer's time; and many of these things cannot be avoided: Home, work, school, raising children, finding free time for rest, all occupy much of time. But what about the things which do not seek to occupy our time, but which draw our attention, and which we seek out? I am speaking specifically of politics, societal issues, and increasing interest in the world's affairs. Many Christians today have become very concerned and have become increasingly involved with the affairs of the world. In some cases this is rightly so. It is hard enough to eke out a living in today's fast-paced society, and it is becoming ever increasingly hard for parents to raise God-fearing children in a world that is ever pressing toward destruction. But should we all become "political Christians"?

Where can we find a healthy balance? We have seen Christians so involved with the world's affairs that they have focused most, if not all, of their attention and devotion toward the things on the earth, and not to the things which are in the heavens. They have sacrificed much of their relationship with the Lord Jesus for the sake of involvement in the affairs of the world. Many have become devoid of life and waste because of this great distraction.

The Bible tells us that our first priority is to seek the Lord's kingdom (Matt. 6:33); it tells us to set our minds on the things above, not on the things which are on the earth (Col. 3:2). According to the context of Colossians 3:2, the things which are on the earth do not just include the common problems of the sin in our members, ourselves, (v. 5), but the things of philosophy, culture, religion, and improvement of behavior. The first two chapters of Colossians speak of these things, and so, we are warned of their distractions.

Many believers today have strayed away from a real and living experience of Christ because of the "trappings" of the world's problems. Today many believers have divided themselves from the body of Christ according to the things of the world. Believers have divided themselves over culture, religion (In the case of Christianity, over religious teachings, doctrines and practices), and how best to improve their outward behavior. However, it is not just these things which believers have divided themselves over. Included here should be politics and increased attention to the world situation.

Now, don't get me wrong here. Certainly we can be aware of what's going on in the world. I am not advocating any kind of intentional self-imposed ignorance of what's going on in the world. What I am advocating is that there should be a lot more Christ in the believer's life and a lot less focused attention on "Who's out to get us."

We should not be surprised that the world is increasingly speeding down a broad highway toward destruction. And any effort to steer the world otherwise is not only futile, but it is destroying many believers' enjoyment of Christ. In fact, one could probably argue reasonably that increased involvement in the world's affairs is actually delaying the Lord's return. But that is not my concern here.

The things of the world have a great tendency to attract and distract us from the flow of life from the throne of Grace. Believers are increasingly being sucked into this vast void of politics and the social ills of the world. What results is a group of Christians who are practically devoid of any spiritual nourishment, and ability to feed others on Christ. Their focus is on what's going on in the world, who's persecuting whom, who's rights are being taken away from where, and who's watching whom, and why. But where is the expression of Christ? Where is the feeding of the flock on the rich pasture of Christ Jesus (John 10:9)?

Dear saints, there is a wonderful flow of life from God's throne (Rev.22:1). The more that we drink of this flow the more we become the fullness or the fatness of God's house (Psa. 36:8). We become the corporate expression of the very Triune God who springs forth from our being the moment we believe (John 7:38). What God desires most is for us to gain Him every day, to come forward to the throne of Grace continually (Heb. 4:16), to partake of the Lord as our daily bread, and to allow Him to flow into us and out of us. When we allow the Lord Jesus to saturate and permeate our being, then we become a living testimony of the Triune God. All that God is in his holiness, righteousness, love, etc. begins to be expressed through us organically to a fallen and corrupted world. All of God's divine attributes

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  04/06/1961

Amen. May our eyes be stayed upon our Lord, the creator of heaven and earth..always.

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  39

Col 3:1-3 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

In heaven there is no sin, impurity, pride, self-centerdness, sickness/disease, or poverty etc. Heaven is a place of salvation, absolute holiness, as well as total provision. The Lord's prayer reveals that the will of the Lord that's in heaven be on earth.

Mat 6:10 ASV Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.

Some preachers say the the Garden of Eden was very much a copy of heaven. In reality 2nd Adam (Jesus) restored to believers what first Adam lost. That sounds very ideal and all as we are partakers of the 'divine nature'. However, we have the same temptor that tripped up Adam and Eve in our face to overcome as we grow up in faith and purity. We also can have worldly people (as well as carnal Christians ;) ) seek to trip us up.

2Pe 1:4 KJV Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.