• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What is humility:

It is to Have the mind of Christ for He is, was, will be our only example. It did not exist in this world after sin. Until Christ came and lived here we had no perfect example as to see its realities.

Seen and testified in the life of Christ-

Matt 11:29

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

NKJV

John 13:14-15

14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

NKJV

Phil 2:5-8

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

NKJV

It is key to be in place for service unto the Lord or you will fail Him whom you Love!

Mic 6:8

8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, To love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God NKJV

Taking this requirement walking with God humbly... fulfilled with the presence of The Holy Spirit within...

Gal 5:16-18

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

NKJV

Gal 5:25

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

NKJV

You say I cannot do what He did and this truth should bring you to a broken heart and contrite spirit

Ps 34:18

18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.NKJV

To whom much is given! For we have to reckon "having the Spirit of God within" takes us to this understanding

Matt 11:11

11 "Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

NKJV

To have God within us what is our accountability to God? Rather what excuse shall we use if we fail?

We are required to be imitators of Christ, with the Holy Spirit within we are without excuse,... and we are held accountable for all this! People say what does it mean to work out your salvation with fear and trembling!!! The mark of the high calling that Paul pressed toward never obtaining but always pressing toward.

Welcome to humility we have arrived!

Lets see see if we found our way here:

Ps 138:6-7

6 Though the Lord is on high,

Yet He regards the lowly;

But the proud He knows from afar. How's your quiet time, Is He near or far?

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;

You will stretch out Your hand

Against the wrath of my enemies,

And Your right hand will save me.

NKJV Do you realize your strength in Him?

Isa 66:2

2 For all those things My hand has made,

And all those things exist,"

Says the Lord.

"But on this one will I look:

On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,

And who trembles at My word.

NKJV More serious than a heart attack are the things of God?

Ps 9:12

12 When He avenges blood, He remembers them;

He does not forget the cry of the humble.

NKJV Are you witnessing answered prayers?

Ps 10:17

7 Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;

You will prepare their heart;

You will cause Your ear to hear,

NKJV Do you sense Spiritually God's attentiveness to your prayers?

Isa 57:15

15 For thus says the High and Lofty One

Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:

"I dwell in the high and holy place,

With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,

To revive the spirit of the humble,

And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

NKJV Do you feel like you deserve to be in the presence of The Lord?

James 4:10

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

NKJV Must you have recognition for yourself?

Matt 18:4

4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

NKJV Are you ashamed of being weak and small?

James 4:6

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

"God resists the proud,

But gives grace to the humble."

NKJV Is your greatest testimony that of God's forgiveness?

Conclusion: it is with the heart God has put within us that we use to walk with Him "know ye not ye must be born again" It is with His Spirit that we accomplish anything that is eternal in value and so you see how the true children can never be among these

Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

NKJV

but will be found with this man

Luke 18:13-14

13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

NKJV

You all are my family, make sure you are not cheated out of what your due! Love Steven