WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Since when does the President have the authority to order a private company to do anything like this? This guy sounds less like a President, and more like a dictator, everyday.

It was not an order; it was a request. BP did this without being legally required to do so.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

It was not an order; it was a request. BP did this without being legally required to do so.

HA! More like "Do it...or else." Obama doesn't negotiate...we learned that when he couldn't get Netanyahu to go along with his "requests." We are talking about a President who is bending the rules of the constitution in every way...and you are not naive enough to think that BP would just give $20 billion to the US Gov't because they really wanna help out.

HA! More like "Do it...or else." Obama doesn't negotiate...we learned that when he couldn't get Netanyahu to go along with his "requests." We are talking about a President who is bending the rules of the constitution in every way...and you are not naive enough to think that BP would just give $20 billion to the US Gov't because they really wanna help out.

'Naive' isn't in my lexicon. No, BP didn't do this out of the goodness in their hearts; it's a legal ploy to mitigate some of the lawsuits that are coming.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

'Naive' isn't in my lexicon. No, BP didn't do this out of the goodness in their hearts; it's a legal ploy to mitigate some of the lawsuits that are coming.

I know your not naive... In this case, you have to know that BP was in an impossible situation sitting in a room with the very people who have publicly stated they are considering prosecuting them legally. This gov't did the exact same thing with the banks, with the housing industry, and with Chrysler...sign, or else! Its not like they don't have a track record.

Legal ploy? What the hell kind of a legal ploy is it to give away controlling interest in your company??? LOL! BP barely has a pulse. They have already lost 50% of their market cap, and once their shareholders understand they are not gonna get paid...which they just found out...they are gonna bail too. BP may not survive this. And with a $20 billion dollar lean against the company...guess who owns it? This wasn't a legal ploy. This was sitting in a room with the US President and the US Attorney General telling them to give us your company...or else you are going down with it.

Every single American should be appalled at the way our gov't is running!

I know your not naive... In this case, you have to know that BP was in an impossible situation sitting in a room with the very people who have publicly stated they are considering prosecuting them legally. This gov't did the exact same thing with the banks, with the housing industry, and with Chrysler...sign, or else! Its not like they don't have a track record.

Legal ploy? What the hell kind of a legal ploy is it to give away controlling interest in your company??? LOL! BP barely has a pulse. They have already lost 50% of their market cap, and once their shareholders understand they are not gonna get paid...which they just found out...they are gonna bail too. BP may not survive this. And with a $20 billion dollar lean against the company...guess who owns it? This wasn't a legal ploy. This was sitting in a room with the US President and the US Attorney General telling them to give us your company...or else you are going down with it.

Every single American should be appalled at the way our gov't is running!

The money goes into an escrow account (much like you have with your home mortgage, just a lot bigger); it's not a controlling interest in BP. :cool: Btw, I've been appalled by our government since Reagan left office 21 years ago. As I've said before, it has become obsolete and needs to be replaced with something better.