IGNORED

Post Traumatic Stress.... anyone?

Guest Luke7:48

Anyone have experience with Post Traumatic Stress? My mom suffers from severe abuse by her ex-husband. (He nearly killed her). And she is in mental shut-down mode. She's on lots of medication for anxiety and depression, etc., but she needs more. Is there help? Recommendations?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/14/1987

I went to Google and found of a list of sites that looked pretty helpful.

http://www.ncptsd.org/facts/general/fs_what_is_ptsd.html

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-an06.html

For more, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...ess&btnG=Search

Good luck with that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Anyone have experience with Post Traumatic Stress? My mom suffers from severe abuse by her ex-husband. (He nearly killed her). And she is in mental shut-down mode. She's on lots of medication for anxiety and depression, etc., but she needs more. Is there help? Recommendations?

Does she still live with this man?

No, they are divorced and she is now "safe". But she still fears that he will find her and hurt her again. Hard convincing her otherwise. She often has flash-backs of being locked in closets, and being nearly drowned in her own bathtub. (He was a real monster).

Thanks for the links!

Does she still live with this man?

In jail? Lol. I don't think so.

Yes, he is a horrible person Luke7:48. I'm not sure why he would do that to her completely unwarranted. I don't think he'll be in very long, but is the state forcing counseling or something on him, and possibly making him pay (although nothing can truly fix what has been done) to cover her medical expenses, possibly more. And he's lucky that you're aren't violent.

Oh he's out already. He only served 6 months. He's never worked a day in his life, so getting financial help from him was pointless. He got out in January, and we have no idea where he is now. I pray that we never see or hear from him again.

Admittedly, I have had ungodly thoughts of going after him. But I have to trust this to God, who says "Vengeance is mine". Easier said than done sometimes though. :o

Admittedly, I have had ungodly thoughts of going after him. But I have to trust this to God, who says "Vengeance is mine". Easier said than done sometimes though. blush.gif

Heh, to each their own. You probably did make a wise choice in not doing anything.

Guest koppen

I was a battered wife and mymother was too ..she is in her 60's and has been out of the physical abuse for 35 years now but I still see the "BATTERED WOMAN's SYNDROM" that affects her....My father almost killed and did rape her ..I saw this growing up and it effected my life..However, through the Lord I am an OVERCOMER.... Thank You Jesus!

My suggestion is to go to counseling with a person from a Battered Womans Shelter...It's free and they are VERY experienced and helpful...All you have to do is contact them and they will see her...

My prayers are with you and mother!

Blessings

Kelli :prayer

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Wow. I've had flashbacks of my house almost burning down that have kept me paranoid for nights on end... I can't even imagin having flashbacks of nearly being killed. That's trippy. I'll be praying for your mom. Does she know Christ? Maybe if she tries praying everytime she has these overwheling feelings of anxiety and depression it will help her. God Bless.

-Joel