~candice~

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! I'm new to this site and I just love it. I have always wondered about this topic and your points are really fascinating. Since you all have such great insight, can you please give your thoughts about how you think having no sea relates to maybe the characteristics of how the sea is and how maybe God wouldn't want to include these? An absolutely random shot in the dark but I would love to hear your thoughts! You have discussed what He says in the Bible about the sea, but I just wonder what about the sea would maybe make Him not want to include it. Feel free to add to my list, too! Giggle if you must, then answer seriously! Thanks in advance and no mean answers please! :laugh:

1. The sea is dark and foreboding

2. The sea is mysterious

3. The sea is not friendly, even dangerous to man

4. The sea can probably never be fully explored and known to man

5. The sea can be unpredictible

6. The sea separates mankind

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm new to this site and I just love it. I have always wondered about this topic and your points are really fascinating. Since you all have such great insight, can you please give your thoughts about how you think having no sea relates to maybe the characteristics of how the sea is and how maybe God wouldn't want to include these? An absolutely random shot in the dark but I would love to hear your thoughts! You have discussed what He says in the Bible about the sea, but I just wonder what about the sea would maybe make Him not want to include it. Feel free to add to my list, too! Giggle if you must, then answer seriously! Thanks in advance and no mean answers please! :laugh:

1. The sea is dark and foreboding

2. The sea is mysterious

3. The sea is not friendly, even dangerous to man

4. The sea can probably never be fully explored and known to man

5. The sea can be unpredictible

6. The sea separates mankind

Everything in your list would apply to the oceans and seas today, but on the New Earth, I don't believe that would be the case.

For example, number 3 on your list, "dangerous to man". Physical dangers would not exist.

When John mentions "there was no more sea", I don't believe he was making reference to physical bodies of water. He speaks of a river that flows from the throne of God. Unless this river flows into nothing or feeds into itself, it has to go somewhere.

Revelation 22

1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

That's just my take on it. It doesn't mean I'm right. Just something to think about.

Welcome to the boards. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I am liable to agree with you here man :laugh: .

Me too. The Poetic prophecy-literature of the Bible very, very often states the same thing twice, like this:

"Then you shall fear and become bright, and your heart shall throb and swell for joy; because the abundance of the sea shall turn to you, the wealth of the nations will come to you." (Isa 60:5)

"who stills the noise of the sea, the roar of their waves, and the uproar of the peoples. And the inhabitants of the furthermost places are afraid of Your signs; You make the beginning of the morning and the evening rejoice." (Psa 65:7-8)

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars. And on the earth will be anxiety of nations with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; " (Luk 21:25)

"You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves arise, You still them." (Psa 89:9).

"By awesome things in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation; who are the hope of all the ends of the earth and the sea, of those far away." (Psa 65:5)

"The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan; I will bring back My people from the depths of the sea; " (Psa 68:22)

"Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters." (Psa 74:13)

Notice how the dragon gives the beast from the sea his power in Rev.13?

"In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea." (Isa 27:1)

An ancient Canaanite text discovered by archeologists attributes the same thing to Ba'al:

A 14TH-century B.C Canaanite text discovered by archaeologists at a place called Ra's Shamrah, ascribes the following feat to the Canaanite god Ba'al:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks for the replies! Keep 'em coming! What do you think of this in comparison to the sea of glass in Revelation 4:6? Our earthly sea compared to the characteristics of a "crystal/ glass" sea (the kind of comparisons found throughout the Bible as in Proverbs)? By the way, thanks for not giggling at me! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I am liable to agree with you here man :whistling: .

Me too. The Poetic prophecy-literature of the Bible very, very often states the same thing twice, like this:

"Then you shall fear and become bright, and your heart shall throb and swell for joy; because the abundance of the sea shall turn to you, the wealth of the nations will come to you." (Isa 60:5)

"who stills the noise of the sea, the roar of their waves, and the uproar of the peoples. And the inhabitants of the furthermost places are afraid of Your signs; You make the beginning of the morning and the evening rejoice." (Psa 65:7-8)

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars. And on the earth will be anxiety of nations with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; " (Luk 21:25)

"You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves arise, You still them." (Psa 89:9).

"By awesome things in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation; who are the hope of all the ends of the earth and the sea, of those far away." (Psa 65:5)

"The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan; I will bring back My people from the depths of the sea; " (Psa 68:22)

"Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters." (Psa 74:13)

Notice how the dragon gives the beast from the sea his power in Rev.13?

"In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea." (Isa 27:1)

An ancient Canaanite text discovered by archeologists attributes the same thing to Ba'al:

A 14TH-century B.C Canaanite text discovered by archaeologists at a place called Ra's Shamrah, ascribes the following feat to the Canaanite god Ba'al:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,859
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Light and Water neccessary elements of life here and now.

Neccessary then but sourced in Him eternally!

No Sun

John 9:5

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

NKJV

Rev 22:5

5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

NKJV

No Sea

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

NKJV

Rev 21:6-8

6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

NKJV

Rev 22:1-2

22 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

NKJV I don't know about ya'll but this makes me want to pack!!! No more snakes in the trees :whistling: Love Steven

I agree with the sentiment not to read into things that aren't there, but to reach understanding on a passage requires study, doesn't it? That's all that is happening here. There IS that analogy that runs throughout scripture about land / sea, believers / non believers.. :whistling: . And I don't know how comfortable I am with being told there is no sea, but for no reason?

Maybe removing seas and oceans removes the barriers between the people that are left? I'm assuming the population of the earth will be a small fraction of what it is now.

MG we move about at the speed of twinkles :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Light and Water neccessary elements of life here and now.

Neccessary then but sourced in Him eternally!

No Sun

John 9:5

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

NKJV

Rev 22:5

5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

NKJV

No Sea

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

NKJV

Rev 21:6-8

6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

NKJV

Rev 22:1-2

22 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

NKJV I don't know about ya'll but this makes me want to pack!!! No more snakes in the trees :whistling: Love Steven

Jesus didn't physically emit light from His body while He was here on earth. Nor did He emit 'living water'. Those are metaphores. Do you think they are going to be literal on the new earth despite being metaphoric during His first coming?

Jesus didn't physically emit light from His body while He was here on earth. Nor did He emit 'living water'. Those are metaphores. Do you think they are going to be literal on the new earth despite being metaphoric during His first coming?
Moses's face glowed after in His presence, Paul was blinded by it, James and John and Peter witnessed it on a mountain!

A million plus in the wilderness did drink it from Him the rock but they died yet the woman at the well drank and we will be with her one day!

Well because when He first created He saw that it was good which I interpret as consistent with Who He Is,

Matt 19:17

17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

NKJV

Gen 1:10

Gen 1:12

Gen 1:18

Gen 1:21

Gen 1:25

yet there are hints of newness in the New Earth:

Gold you can see through.

He liked the City idea "New Jerusalem".

Instant movement.

Nothing ceases but continues.

That which is was and will be are all in the present in fullness not in part!

We shall gather with Him in the eternities of reason and thought at His throne to worship.

We shall understand the why in things to perfection.

He shall never be questioned again but joined in infinite agreements.

All tasks will consume us completely to the purpose of bringing Him Glory and Pleasure in the perfect pattern of Him!

The doing of all will be purposed in unity...

Our Love His Love will be His Essence.

We will not cling as to possess but all freely abide for negation has been swallowed up.

Least shall be great and great shall be least...unbounded no matter the direction in perfection is the going and the coming!

The philosophy of the rose pedal and the thorn will be held in a classroom titled Creation and why it is Good! See ya soon!

There is no longer waste for its tutelage has ended.

Oh and that which conceptualized as to be ending is really only beginning.

Above everything else true understanding and realities have not been formed in our minds but the directives are of exquisite hope in Him!

I am asking for these realities to be my steadfastness here that I might live as though I am there already!

1 John 3:1-3

3 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

NKJV

Rev 22:1-5

22 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

NKJV

The light of God in our eternal home allows for no shadows it will be perfect light in all places and all times both physically and spiritually! We merge into the all truth within His bosom!

Love Steven

OK I am awake and re-caffeinated :emot-hug: .

Neb... if one of the beasts come from the land [contrasted directly with the sea] then do we take it that this 'land' beast does not come from peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues (v15)?

Land is often symbolic of the people of God. So it is quite possible that this beast will arise from such.

:24:

I agree that land is symbolic of the people of God.

How will the beast arise from the people of God? Wow, what a thought! :24:

The wheat and tares grow together! Love Steven