Guest EPHRIAM777

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Blind could you explain this better, you had me up until the connection of England and America representing England. If memory serves it was actually the Queen of Spain that doled out the ships and money for the first settlers here. The original guys from England ie captain Smith and gang died at Roanoke Virginia. Also the revelutionary war was fought by Irishmen, English, Spanish, Germans, etc. We did not all come from England in fact I don't have one ancestor in my family tree from there. One of my grandfathers is from here, as in native American. This country was founded by many from many nations, and is still that way today. So I guess besides England trying to dominate it I don't see the connection. Not that I think America is some kind of saint.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind says...

As to America's origin, it was birth out of rebellion to God's word by refusing to give tribute to whom tribute was due and refusing to honor the King of England . . . pretty much the same way the kingdom of darkness began.

Eph laughs...

Your mixing EVIL TYRANNY with Sound Gov't..The KING was a tyrant..!

Mis-spelled777,

Are you insinuating

In 1620, the Mayflower landed at what they called Plymouth after their point of departure from England. This was the beginning of the colonization of the new world called "America." John Cabot, and Italian navigator claimed the new world for England earlier in 1497, five years after Columbus discovered the North American continent.

Due to the brutality of the colonists toward the American Indians in an attempt to steal their land, the Indians befriended the French who engaged in friendly commerce with them. The French were trying to lay claim to the Louisiana Territory via Ohio Valley and the Mississippi River were setting up forts in these regions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Ok Blind that all made sense but I still am stuck on the jump from England to America. Trust me I don't think the USA has a special place in being the great nation of God. But I am confused on this. Also there was already a people here, but not many. Why would this land have been left so empty back then. Do you have any reasoning why it all came down the way it did. I mean for it to fit into prophecy that was wrote that long ago God had to have planned for others to come here right? So if it was His intention that people came to populate this land from around the world how could that be bad? And for what purpose did God do it this way? As you can see I'm curious as usual.

Love in Christ

Teri

Ok Blind that all made sense but I still am stuck on the jump from England to America. Trust me I don't think the USA has a special place in being the great nation of God. But I am confused on this. Also there was already a people here, but not many. Why would this land have been left so empty back then. Do you have any reasoning why it all came down the way it did. I mean for it to fit into prophecy that was wrote that long ago God had to have planned for others to come here right? So if it was His intention that people came to populate this land from around the world how could that be bad? And for what purpose did God do it this way? As you can see I'm curious as usual.

Love in Christ

Teri

Hi Sister Teri,

I trust you and your are doing fine. I pray you have a good and safe memorial weekend.

I'll be gone for 3 days so please do not feel I'm ignoring you.  I truly appreciate the questions you generate.

Certainly there were the native American Indians here before the colonist came. It has always impressed me about their belief in the "one great spirit." They may have not been presented with the mechanics of our salvation, but they certainly understood by "the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead."

However, population has a lot to do with the expansion of the global entities and the spreading of empires. I express this in regards to " Do you have any reasoning why it all came down the way it did?"

I'm not real sure about the residual question regarding America coming from England.

It is not bad that people populate the earth or a region of it. It is bad when people  disobey God and justify their actions biblically, i.e. the slaughter of the Indians, rebellion against Mother England, etc.etc..

You asked, "And for what purpose did God do it this way?"

What God may permit cannot be called what God does.

Guest EPHRIAM777

Blind says...

Last I heard, America never had ships made of bulrushes. However, both the Egyptians and Ethiopians, used boats of rushes or reeds. They  were more convenient for them than those of wood, because they were both cheaper and swifter, and lighter for carriage from place to place.

Eph writes...

Ships that appeared to "suck water'..which is why that was written..using the word bulrushes...Bulrushes "take in water"..! The thought was "ships that suck water into themselves"...Thus the "Steamship"..which was invented by a man named Robert Fulton..He wasn't from Ethiopia..LOL

:)  NOR is this prophesy about those that are..Redouble your studies on this chapter and see for yourself...Although your hate of the USA runs deep..You sit IN it's protection..while you write such posts...!

Blind says...

I know the temptation is there to put Cinderella's slipper on any ole foot, but this chapter in Isaiah does not address America, sorry.

Eph writes...

I know the 'temptation' is to remain "blind" and play as if it doesn't..I'm sorry too..but for them..not me..! Playing the "ostrich" by sticking ones head in the sand to the facts isn't for me..It leaves a person "blind" to what's going on around them..In this case..whats going on IN scripture..!

Blind says..

As to America's origin, it was birth out of rebellion to God's word by refusing to give tribute to whom tribute was due and refusing to honor the King of England . . . pretty much the same way the kingdom of darkness began.

Eph says..

Since when is standing against EVIL..against what God says to do..? RE study the Maccabee "rebellion"..that is celebrated as a GODLY event nowadays by the Jews...!

Blind says...!

But then again, Satan does transform himself as an angel of light (or beacon),

Eph writes...

Of course ANY  "light" Satan has..would lead to darkness...right..?..and that would leave one QUITE "blind" to the TRUE light of what the Bible and God has say..!!  

Wouldn't YOU of all people agree to that..??  

LOL  (I do like to play your lil "word association games")..childish though they are..!

:rofl:

Blind writes..!

therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Eph writes...

Lest you boast about them...!

Not sure, but personally, I believe the UN is the beast.  The beast has ten horns, and three were cast out by the beast.  I believe America is one of those horns.  Call me crazy, but I believe G-d when He told Abraham, "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you."  We see alot of sin in America, but there are alot of righteous people here, as well.  And we bless Israel.

Ships that appeared to "suck water'..which is why that was written..using the word bulrushes...Bulrushes "take in water"..! The thought was "ships that suck water into themselves"...Thus the "Steamship"..which was invented by a man named Robert Fulton..He wasn't from Ethiopia..LOL

Ok. You got me. I must admit that I am blind.

Blind, however, to the absurd logic that forces a "suck water" steam ship invented by Robert Fulton (a non Ethiopian), into the place of where the people truly did have and used boats made from literal bulrushes.

And you wish to convince me that when you state, "playing the "ostrich" by sticking ones head in the sand to the facts isn't for me," that your telling the truth.

Your little nugget of fantasy "ships that suck water into themselves" coupled with your emphatic "You are wrong..it DOES refer to the USA..!"