• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Intelligence operatives always make up stories and use half-truths. It's what they do. The gathering of intelligence is a shady and difficult business. Sometimes, an operative has to make deals with persons of questionable reputation to get the information needed. It is entirely possible that the whole thing about Youssef being given the boot for financial improprieties is Shin Bet's way of saying: "Hey don't look at us, he did a few jobs and we got rid of him,"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I am not surprised. Haaretz, is the most leftist, liberal, anti-Israel sector of the Israeli media. You might as well have cited Al-Jazeera or the BBC.

LOL! Yes, they are all of that...until they write something that people around here agree with. Haaretz is quoted fairly often around these parts by people...when it suits them...

..and it should be pointed out that he chose to do the interview with Haaretz and was quoted discussing his dismissal.

Only on the rarest of occasions have I ever seen anything that I "agree" with Haaretz about from an idealogical standpoint. They are decidedly anti-Israel and despite being a legitimate new agency, they are not a source for an accurate understanding of the conflict.

and it should be pointed out that he chose to do the interview with Haaretz and was quoted discussing his dismissal.
Oh and that just makes everything better???

I think this is just another story he is concocting that is unverifiable and full of sensational half-truths.
Oh since YOU think it that makes it true?? What is the basis of what you "think?" What if, anything is "sensational?"

The truth is that you don't like him because he shatters the mythological "peaceful" image of Islam. He is a living reproach to everything you have said in trying to defend the liberal nonsense about Islam

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Only on the rarest of occasions have I ever seen anything that I "agree" with Haaretz about from an idealogical standpoint. They are decidedly anti-Israel and despite being a legitimate new agency, they are not a source for an accurate understanding of the conflict.

C'mon...we're not talking about a newspapers ideological viewpoint or the conflict. We are talking about Haaretz doing an interview and quoting the source of their article in discussing his dismissal from his position. He's discussed it with other news sources as well. Here you are berating Haaretz for not being an accurate source...and yet they are not the ones who are misrepresenting Captain Loai's departure the way Arutz Sheva did.

and it should be pointed out that he chose to do the interview with Haaretz and was quoted discussing his dismissal.
Oh and that just makes everything better???

LOL...well, maybe it speaks to the bad judgement of "G" for going and doing an interview with them in the first place??? Fact is, he made the decision to speak with them and give them direct quotes that imply his relationship with Mosab "diverted" him "from the path he had chosen" and led to his removal from Shin Bet. At the very least it requires thoughtful consideration.

Oh since YOU think it that makes it true?? What is the basis of what you "think?" What if, anything is "sensational?"

The truth is that you don't like him because he shatters the mythological "peaceful" image of Islam. He is a living reproach to everything you have said in trying to defend the liberal nonsense about Islam

What I think isn't any more important than what you think...because neither of us knows all the details. I simply approach things with caution. I listen to the guy and alot of the stuff he says is ridiculous to me...so sue me. I don't believe that he ran the Shin bet, that they worked for him. I don't believe that he could live easily in Palestine. I don't believe that he knows more about Islam than anybody else.etc, etc, etc. I think he is selling books...he is good at it...and I applaud him. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that his lone witness was dismissed by Shin Bet for shady financial dealings...which was my only point in joining this thread. I haven't said one thing that would lead a person to think I have any negative feelings for Mosab himself...he's living the American dream.

I think you are desperately trying to goad me into an argument by making ridiculous and condescending statements and lies about me. I regret to inform you, I am at peace and won't fight with you. :blink:

.... I regret to inform you, I am at peace and won't fight with you. :th_praying:

:laugh:

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

>>>>>()<<<<<

Well

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 1 Peter 5:8

I See No Peace Here

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

This Young Believer Is In Grave Physical Danger

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. John 15:17-21

Yet He Still Challenges The Lawless Of The World Including Many Found Within The USA To See Jesus

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. Mark 8:35

And There Is Only One First Response That I Know Of That Is Given

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6:18-20

To Allow Us To Come Along Side

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

This Precious Brother

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 Thessalonian 3:1

Praying!

Guest shiloh357
QUOTE (shiloh357 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:56 AM)

C'mon...we're not talking about a newspapers ideological viewpoint or the conflict.

I know that. I simply responded to your assertion that we are selective in our distaste of Ha'aretz which is not true. I will acknowledge when the blood reaches their brains and they have something worthwhile to read, but Ha'aretz is what it is. A liberal, anti-Israel litter box liner.

and yet they are not the ones who are misrepresenting Captain Loai's departure the way Arutz Sheva did.
So far, the other media outlets seem to be running the Haaretz story. Basically the same article reguritated on other news sites. So it is Arutz Sheva vs. Haaretz.

We are talking about Haaretz doing an interview and quoting the source of their article in discussing his dismissal from his position.

More accurately, the article does not directly quote Capt. Loai all on that issue and furthermore, it refers to "a disputed financial transacion." Meaning that it may or may necessarily be true. His dissmisal could have been more of a politcal move than one stemming from a genuinely dishonest action, which more than likely would have actually ended him up in prison rather than a simple dismissal.

What I think isn't any more important than what you think...because neither of us knows all the details.
There are enough facts, though, to refute any notion that he just sensationalizing this. Writing a book is not really what you are making it out to be. Everyone writes a book nowadays.

I guess the only way to prove that he is not sensationalizing anything is for him to be deported and murdered.

I think you are desperately trying to goad me into an argument by making ridiculous and condescending statements and lies about me.
I have done nothing of the sort. I just don't like people like you throwing him under the bus because of what you "think."

LOL...throwing him under the bus??? How could I throw him under the bus? I don't think there was a bus.

I think I'll take this opportunity to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

After a 15 minute hearing in which the gov't called no witnesses and offered NO objections to grant asylum to Mosab...he easily got what he was seeking. All the hype, all the grandstanding, all the international attention...and it was simply a routine hearing required by law. LOL!

Make sure you buy the book about how he took on the US gov't!

Guest shiloh357
LOL...throwing him under the bus??? How could I throw him under the bus? I don't think there was a bus.
You have basically accused him of exploiting his faith and his former years working with Shin Bet. You did so not on the basis of fact, but on the basis of what you "think."

I think I'll take this opportunity to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"
Told me so in terms of.... what?

After a 15 minute hearing in which the gov't called no witnesses and offered NO objections to grant asylum to Mosab...he easily got what he was seeking. All the hype, all the grandstanding, all the international attention...
What grandstanding?? What hype? Very few new agencies reported on this. Not even most Christian news agencies. It is not like this has been a front-page drama like Joran Vandersloot or whoever. I fail to see how you can make this out to be some major, hyped up story, when the coverage was minimal if at all.

Not very many people really cared about his predicament and the only interest YOU had in it was discrediting him. Had he not co-authored book, would you have even taken the time to post your rants about his grandstanding and perceived ulterior motives to "promote himself?"

and it was simply a routine hearing required by law. LOL!
Yes, but that does not make it somehow unimportant. He was not making a routine visit to a parole officer. He could have just as easily been deported. The fact that it went so well is a testimony to the grace of God, not so much a vindication of anything you have said.

You have basically accused him of exploiting his faith and his former years working with Shin Bet. You did so not on the basis of fact, but on the basis of what you "think."

By definition...he did exploit his story. Maybe you could explain how he didn't. I think his story is great...I think he is a fascinating person who is a hero. I don't think he walks on water and and I don't have some crazy need to believe everything he says is 100% accurate. He is selling books and he is telling a sensational story in an exaggerated way...and even his many supporters admit that publicly. If you don't know that then maybe you don't know as much about him as you think. I think the sensational way he 'exploited' this deportation story is evidence that is true.

Told me so in terms of.... what?

What grandstanding?? What hype? Very few new agencies reported on this. Not even most Christian news agencies. It is not like this has been a front-page drama like Joran Vandersloot or whoever. I fail to see how you can make this out to be some major, hyped up story, when the coverage was minimal if at all.

Told everyone so...actually...that this was a non-story and that there was no chance he would be deported. He, and he alone, hyped up this story through his blog. This would have been a complete non-story if he hadn't made it one. I never said it was a major story...but he still overhyped it, got international attention, and did multiple interviews on national tv saying he was afraid for his life (which, btw, flies in the face of his earlier claims that he was so experienced as a spy that he could live in his hometown in Palestine...lol.) drama, drama, drama.

Of course it wasn't front page drama...lol! Why would it be?

Not very many people really cared about his predicament and the only interest YOU had in it was discrediting him. Had he not co-authored book, would you have even taken the time to post your rants about his grandstanding and perceived ulterior motives to "promote himself?"

How have I discredited him? I think he is very good at what he does. I've said he is a hero and brave. I fully support his efforts to sell books. Of course I wouldn't post anything about him if people weren't so susceptible to believe every word that drops out of his mouth as if it were gold. Just like all of you believed he was on the verge of deportation and death...lol. Seriously! What gave you that impression? Oh, thats right...he did. He was the ONLY person saying everything reported in the media. In the meantime, those more logical and not so moved by sensationalism, believed that everything would play out exactly as it did...a 15 minute hearing with ZERO opposition from the gov't in giving this man asylum in the United States.

I will be honest though...my faith faltered a bit. It took about an hour before the news of what happened in the hearing broke. I was thinking to myself, "Self, this shouldn't be taking so long." Fortunately, it was just a case of the media being slow...whew! lol (btw, yes that means i was watching the live news feeds for an hour while praying for my brother)

Yes, but that does not make it somehow unimportant. He was not making a routine visit to a parole officer. He could have just as easily been deported. The fact that it went so well is a testimony to the grace of God, not so much a vindication of anything you have said.

LOL...your still buying the hype. How could he "just as easily" have been deported? How was that gonna happen exactly? Was it the ZERO witnesses testimony? Was it the ZERO gov't objections? Was it the evidence against him provided during the lengthy 15 minute routine, legally required, hearing? The gov't was basically apologizing long before the hearing began that it had gotten this far...but that the hearing was legally required. The ONLY reason you believe he was in any danger whatsoever is because Yousef made you believe it! In the meantime...before the hearing he and his friend ("G") were laughing all morning before the hearing (you can look at the photos yourself) as they prepared for a routine hearing that could "just as easily" have led to his deportation and death...lol!

Of course, we should always give glory to God...even in simple matters such as this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Axx - some of us remember what you said before:

Isn't it possible that this guy isn't who he claims to be. Yeah, he is the son of a Hamas founder...yeah, he gave some info to Shin Bet...yes, he claim to be a Christian. But really there is no way to verify all this alleged intel that he provides, and the things he was allegedly involved with. The Shin Bet thinks he exaggerates. Maybe he isn't the guy he claims to be.

Nowadays being a muslim convert to christianity is a money-maker...turn yourself into Jason Bourne and they might even make a movie out of you.

I think we need to be a little more critical of these alleged defectors and their tales.

So now we are going to pass Judgment on his confession of Faith? :) Where are we commanded to do this in the Bible?

As most of the people on these forums are fond of reminding me..."they are allowed to lie!"

I wasn't passing judgement. I am merely stating the obvious that none of his story is really verifiable. I can't be the only person here old enough to remember the popularity of commies who defected to the U.S. back during the cold war. This recent influx of muslims who are defecting to Christianity and making some quick money and fame reminds me of the exact same thing. I am not naive enough to believe all of them. If this guy was a high value asset he would be treated like it. This guy is more like a shrewed businessman and self-promoter...and I suspect this recent uproar, caused completely by himself on his own blog, is more of the same.

Your words questioned that he is telling the truth about being a Christian.

Your words questioned that he is telling the truth about being a Christian.

WHAT!?!?! I never said he was lying...in fact, isn't it curious that you forgot to post that comment from the thread.

I have said in this thread, that thread, and any other thread that I don't judge his salvation. I even said that in the quote you posted. I wouldn't have prayed for him and sat next to my computer watching the live feed this AM if I thought he was a liar and a deceiver.

I am however, suspicious of people claiming to be former extremists muslims and terrorists and now want to be our friends .. especially when the bulk of their story is based on the premise that they were lying to the terrorists in order to spy on them. The point of that thread was whether the gov't was right to be suspicious of him...and clearly ANYONE in that position should be thoroughly vetted.

...and even all the way back then I was right about this hearing being nothing but alot of hype invented by him...lol.