IGNORED

Why is it so hard for us to love?

nebula

This caught my eye as I was skimming through the topics of the General Discussions. I know to me love and forgivness walk hand in hand. If we love we forgive and if we forgive we love and can't have one without the other. I don't think we should hold grudges against each other for past wrongs. That's not what Jesus would have us do. It's not

what he did either. Too often we forget to forgive others for their wrongdoings that are eitehr directly or indirectly against us. And when we don't forgive we withhold the love He called us to. I just broke up with a bf that I had for a long time. I broke up with him becasue I realized our relationship wasn't based on love at all just on thinking we were in love. But every time I've done wrong he has pointed out every wrong I've done even after I had apologized for it and he said he forgave me then later he would bring it up again. When he forgave me then it should have been gone not remembered and not brought up again. So I couldn't see how he could love me when all he did was dwell on what I did wrong in my past and wouldn't let it go and give me other chances. He had done wrong to but when i forgave him it was forgotten and moved on from not thrown back at him. Realizing he didn't really love me and only liked the idea of being with me made me break up with him. It has also made me cautious of startinga new relationship with anyone else. Not sure if this helps or not or evne if it goes with the topic but its what came to mind when i read your first post.

Bug

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Pride makes us magnify another's sin while diminishing our own. Loving leaves us open to scrutiny.

Loving is easy if you expect nothing in return.

Nice post. Pride can make us easily forget what we see when we walk away from the mirror. It can keep us from making peace when it is so much easier to forgive and move on and even keep us from knowing a person without even giving them a chance. Love is easy when we give it unconditionaly. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Jesus warns us not to be hypocritical, but loving. But are we not also to lovingly point someone in the right direction if they have slid into a sinful lifestyle? The person that tells you the most truth is the person that loves you the most. I think that many times people are afraid (maybe of criticism or conflict) of confronting someone who is in sin. Doesn't the Bible tell us to do this as well?