testing and panic attacks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

We were thinking about having another child. That is why I discontinued the medicine. I thought that God really wanted us to have another child. Now I don't know. I guess that's on hold until I get my emotions together and my strength and courage back. I need to get back in the game. I find myself becoming more and more isolated from people and I know that's not a good thing. I think the anxiety makes me depressed, and the two together cause me insomnia and no appetite. I am trying not to focus so much on things around me. That is my goal today. Keep my eyes on Jesus and ask for him to reveal to me what he wants me to do to feel better. The anxiety is definitely snowballing and I cannot let it get any worse. It is already taking a toll on my family and I cannot do this to them. They need me to be the strong woman I was before. Perhaps I will meet with the doctor tomorrow and ask for something for anxiety that is not addictive and safe to use if I get pregnant.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

Praying for you,.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1991

I was talking to a fellow christian sister last night and she told me that I need to stop condemning myself for taking medication for anxiety issues. Do you think the Lord gives this medicine to help his people through these things? I fear I will ruin my testimony by giving in and taking medicine for this. I want to fight it as long as I can. But honestly, I don't know how much fight is left. The reason I went off the valium in the first place was because I thought we wanted another baby. And I do want another baby. But I have to be stable for my family right now and I can't bring another child into this world feeling like this. I have to feel better and I think God wants me to feel better. I see my doctor tomorrow about medicine.

BTW, for the record I have a very long history of depression and anxiety disorder. I have been hospitalized numerous times for these things. My testimony is that I am healed of these things. And that is why I am so ashamed right now. I feel like I'm failing God and destroying my own testimony which makes me even more depressed.

Shallhevet, dont feel condemnation about taking medicine for this. I've been taking medicine for this for about 5 years. I can not get off of my medicine. The panic attacks I have when I dont take my meds come when there is no trigger and they are irreversable. I can not control them even with scripture quoting or praying. I believe that God will meet you where you are at, even if it is on medicine. I think he gives medicine to us so that we can work on the things that we need to work on with a clear point of view. As for destroying your testimony, just remember that anything we overcome adds to our testimony, so maybe God isnt done with your testimony building yet. Just think of the praise and glory He will receive once you overcome this, be it with medicine or not.

:)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We were thinking about having another child. That is why I discontinued the medicine. I thought that God really wanted us to have another child. Now I don't know. I guess that's on hold until I get my emotions together and my strength and courage back. I need to get back in the game. I find myself becoming more and more isolated from people and I know that's not a good thing. I think the anxiety makes me depressed, and the two together cause me insomnia and no appetite. I am trying not to focus so much on things around me. That is my goal today. Keep my eyes on Jesus and ask for him to reveal to me what he wants me to do to feel better. The anxiety is definitely snowballing and I cannot let it get any worse. It is already taking a toll on my family and I cannot do this to them. They need me to be the strong woman I was before. Perhaps I will meet with the doctor tomorrow and ask for something for anxiety that is not addictive and safe to use if I get pregnant.

I really think you should assess the desire about having another child right now. You need to get through this desert first.

As to medication. Ask your doctor about zopax. It is only taken at the onslaught of an attack, and works within 30 minutes or so. The only side affect is a bit of drowsiness, so one has to watch what one is doing after. I took them during my depression and 16 hour straight panic attacks during another life (before Jesus).

I am a living example that panic attacks and depression are things that can be healed. They just take time.

The work related stress I am under at present is another matter, and I am dealing with it daily without medication, and am feeling the physical effects. But I know that this too will pass.... God is good!

Blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Have you ever tried getting angry at the panic instead of trying to run from it? Put up a fight against it instead of trying to protect yourself from it? Scream at it...yell "Bring it on!" This really does work...it cancels out one emotion, the one of fear, and replaces it with anger that is much more controllable. There is an Ebook online that explains this theory.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think that there is anything wrong with Christians taking medication for anxiety or depression. If your were asthmatic, or diabetic, you would (I guess) take medication to help your body deal with those illnesses. Depression and anxiety are no different - they are an illness and God has given doctors the ability to find medications that can help us deal with it. I wouldn't say there's anything to be ashamed of.

(I take medication for anxiety, depression and hallucinations and have done for several years, and I accept that I will probably be on them for the rest of my life).

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

:emot-hug: Sis, how did the visit go? I hope you have some clarity about the will of God for you at this time :emot-hug: .

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Wow. You all have lifted me up so much. I praise God that I have this family in my life. :emot-hug: Your prayers and your kindness and compassion have been such a blessing to me these past few days. And guess what? I slept last night!!! I only woke up a couple times and was able to fall right back to sleep. The Lord has given me rest! Praise Him!

I see my doctor in a couple of hours. I'm going to ask if there is anything safer that I can take for this condition. I just don't feel like Valium is a very safe medicine. And if I someday want to get pregnant, then I need to be on something safe. But we are definitely putting a child on hold until this storm passes.

Please pray for God to work through the doctor today. Please pray that I keep my eyes on Jesus and not on my symptoms. If I obsess about my symptoms, I become even weaker. Thank you. :emot-hug: