• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Luke 6 verses 46 - 49

And why do you call me Lord, Lord, and don't to the things which I say?

Whoever comes to me, and hears my sayings, and does them, I will show you who he is like.

He is like a man which built a house, and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock:

and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently on that house, and could not shake it:

because it was founded upon a rock.

But he that hears my sayings, and dosen't do them, is like a man that built his house on the earth without a foundation:

against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.

Matthew 25 verses 24 - 30

(1mind1spirit says look here , his one talent was to know that Jesus is Lord)

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew you, that you are a hard man,

reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not strawed:

And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the earth: lo, there you have what is yours.

His lord answered and said to him, You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I sow not,

and gather where I have not strawed.

Therefore you should have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I would have received my own

with usury.

Take therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that has ten talents.

For unto everyone that has shall be given, and he shall have abundance:

but from him that has not, shall be taken away even that which he has.

And cast you the unprofitable servant into outer darkness:

there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Amen. But.......

I think this is my first post on this thread.

But...... since you asked, I was wondering how grace was gonna stop Christ from throwing this guy into outer darkness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Luke 6 verses 46 - 49

Whoever comes to me, and hears my sayings, and does them, I will show you who he is like.

He is like a man which built a house, and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock:

and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently on that house, and could not shake it:

But he that hears my sayings, and dosen't do them, is like a man that built his house on the earth without a foundation:

against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew you, that you are a hard man,

And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the earth: lo, there you have what is yours.

His lord answered and said to him, You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I sow not,

Therefore you should have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I would have received my own

with usury.

Amen. But.......

But...... since you asked, I was wondering how grace was gonna stop Christ from throwing this guy into outer darkness.

I didn't ask you anything and I have no idea who "this guy" is. The "but" was an inside convo with someone else.

• Group:  Junior Member

Luke 6 verses 46 - 49

with usury.

Amen. But.......

I didn't ask you anything and I have no idea who "this guy" is. The "but" was an inside convo with someone else.

" this guy " is the wicked, lazy, unprofitable servant of Christ in the parable.

I figured you were talking to the other guy but why quote my post?

And I don't know if you can answer my question, but I.m still wondering how grace is gonna stop Christ from casting the guy in the parable into outer darkness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I quoted you because I thought in some way you were relating those Scripture to me. If I was wrong, I apologize. As for the Scripture, one can know all about Christ and what He requires of us in order to be saved. We can even fear Him and seek salvation out of that fear. But if we don't put into action what we know to be true, or do something out of fear and self preservation instead of love, then we are lost. God extends the Grace to us, but we have to take it with the right intention, which is to love others as He loves us, and to serve Him through others. Anything else is unacceptable to Him and will result in condemnation. That's what I think, anyway. :emot-handshake:

I quoted you because I thought in some way you were relating those Scripture to me. If I was wrong, I apologize. As for the Scripture, one can know all about Christ and what He requires of us in order to be saved. We can even fear Him and seek salvation out of that fear. But if we don't put into action what we know to be true, or do something out of fear and self preservation instead of love, then we are lost. God extends the Grace to us, but we have to take it with the right intention, which is to love others as He loves us, and to serve Him through others. Anything else is unacceptable to Him and will result in condemnation. That's what I think, anyway. :emot-handshake:

What you say is true.

When it was written that confession is made with the mouth to the saving of the soul,

it is not a one time confession. Jesus said we will be judged by all our words.

So then, in all that we say or do we are to be making an open confession of Him and His teachings.

He will not hold us accountable for what we do in ignorance.

However the more we learn of Him, the more we are required to obey Him, which shows our belief.

When we do not do the things we have learned from Him He is faithful to forgive us when we repent.

If we have learned things of Him, we know when to repent.

Now one man may learn one thing of Him, while another learns another of Him.

By sharing what He has taught us, we sharpen one another.

Now I'm not saying He teaches opposing views on the same subject, He is not the author of confusion.

All things have to be in agreement with what Jesus taught us to be true. :emot-highfive:

.... But...... since you asked, I was wondering how grace was gonna stop Christ from throwing this guy into outer darkness....

Grace

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36(a)

Or Works

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36(b)

Works

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, Matthew 23:3-4

Or Grace

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Don't Leave Earth Without Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

Note: I Believe It Is Very Unwise As Many Seem Wont To Do

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. John 6:67-69

To Look To Anyone Except The Christ

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:12-15

To Uncover The Truth

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived. Numbers 21:9

Of Salvation

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

Hallelujah!

Love, Your Brother Joe

.... But...... since you asked, I was wondering how grace was gonna stop Christ from throwing this guy into outer darkness....

Grace

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36(a)

Or Works

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36(b)

Works

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, Matthew 23:3-4

Or Grace

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Don't Leave Earth Without Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

Note: I Believe It Is Very Unwise As Many Seem Wont To Do

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. John 6:67-69

To Look To Anyone Except The Christ

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:12-15

To Uncover The Truth

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived. Numbers 21:9

Of Salvation

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

Hallelujah!

Love, Your Brother Joe

And even so the wicked, lazy, unprofitable servant of Christ,is cast into the outer darkness.

Believe

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:7-11

Or Not

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25:29-30

Choose Wisely

>>>>>()<<<<<

And even so the wicked, lazy, unprofitable servant of Christ,is cast into the outer darkness.

Ah Dear One

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Something Is Whispering In Your Ear

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 1 John 4:5

Trust Brother, Keep The Faith

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Out Of The Dirt

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. Matthew 25:24-25

For Deniers

Are Not Believers

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Psalms 63:3

And Believers Have No Fellowship With The Working Dead

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

>>>>>()<<<<<

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 11:25-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Believe

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:7-11

Or Not

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25:29-30

Choose Wisely

>>>>>()<<<<<

Ah Dear One

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Something Is Whispering In Your Ear

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 1 John 4:5

Trust Brother, Keep The Faith

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Out Of The Dirt

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. Matthew 25:24-25

For Deniers

Are Not Believers

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Psalms 63:3

And Believers Have No Fellowship With The Working Dead

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

>>>>>()<<<<<

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 11:25-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Go back to verse 14 the beginning of the parable.

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country.

( Christ going to the Father )

who called" his own servants " and delivered to them" his goods."

( Grace as you see came because he called them to him and delivered them his goods before they did any work.)

The first 2 servants worked by trading with thier talents and gained more.

And the Lord said well done " good and faithful servants " enter into the joy of your Lord.

(This is Grace through Faith in Christ and any works done without faith in Christ are not of salvation and not to be boasted of.)

The last servant who knew who is Lord was and had been delivered goods, did no work and was cast into outer

darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

....This is Grace through Faith in Christ and any works done without faith in Christ are not of salvation and not to be boasted of....

You Must Be Born Again

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4

For Daddy's Children

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

Are His

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 3:21

All Others Are Not

>>>>>()<<<<<

And As For Boast

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

It's All Yours

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:9

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11

Love, Your Brother Joe