IGNORED

We must forgive ourselves.

oldzimm

man, english was my best subject way back when in high school, and now i can't even figure out how to use the appropriate word... :b: ok, exonerate apparently wasn't it. but i think you get the drift... we can't pardon ourselves for our own sins. we can't perform a salvational act or act of redemption. but yes, we must let go of our pity-party and self-inflicted guilt trip! glad we got that all straightened out, whether it was a misleading phrase or just mere semantics, it's all good now! :thumbsup:

Yes, it is good that we practice peace with each other. And in the end, we agree.

God bless you,

Randal

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i shared my thoughts on this same subject with someone just recently... can't remember where though, it may have been right here on worthy. or it may not have been. oh no, i remember, it wasn't. it was a teenager at our church, via facebook.

so here's some very sobering thoughts on this subject.

when God forgives us, He forgets. it's satan that doesn't allow us to forget. this is the big difference between conviction and condemnation... God convicts, we repent, God forgives... satan though, he condemns, and keeps at us, laying that guilt trip on us over and over and over so that we keep beating ourselves up over it.

now here's the sobering part, are you ready?

when we don't let go and forgive ourselves, we're giving POWER to the enemy. and what is power to satan? glory.

we absolutely MUST forgive ourselves and accept the grace in which we stand (that's in romans 5) or we're stealing God's glory and giving it to satan. every time we dwell on it, or talk about it, we're stealing from one and giving to the other.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I would say forgive them. God must have been laying on there heart...However I have and issue on my heart and today is my first day on this site. I just need someone to speak to about it. I am heart broken in the last two years I have been cheated on ect....and my heart will not allow me to let this person go. However, I know in my mind that he is not for me please help if you can.

Edited by Saved29